First grow tent and light opinions, thanks

Oldman2.0

Hi, just a short paragraph first of my currant situation to help with decisions. I'm in recovery probably from the look of things for the rest of the year, so until i get back to work, funds are tight, and i'll have to buy my equipment bit by bit over the next few months as i'd like to have my first grow hopefully completed by Xmas. After about 4 months research i do understand about buying cheap, and then buying twice, that's why i've put in the time to try and get the best value/quality i can get for my very limited funds, i just want to get on with things rather than wait till next year, and start gaining experience.

My indoor grow space is 8 sq/ft max, so a 4' x 2' or 80cm x 80cm, is where i'm at, and originally was set on the 4' x 2' with space at a premium, and would love to have the extra sq/foot, but just in the last couple of weeks i've 2 good reasons now to stick with the 80 x 80 tent, and the Homebox ambient Q80+ and the Green Qube v GQ80 is where i'm at now. Regards the Homebox ambient Q80+ one of the reasons i'm considering this, is that i've just convinced my other half of going a head with growing ( that one took a bit of doing :bangin: ) and she'd be more comfortable with that style/look and colour of tent just in case someone entered the room, or the room door was left open which is opposite the bathroom. The 2nd reason is regards lighting, in an 80 x 80 space, and value for money, with a 300w bar style light is where i find myself, as that would give me around 40w per sqft and more even coverage than a quantum board. 

? 1/ Homebox ambient Q80+ what's members views/opinions on the quality of this tent regards stitching, zips etc, and has anyone flowered in one, as i'm not sure about the gloss white interior vs mylar, i like the Green Qube's better access from the front, but i have to keep the other half happy too, i can buy the homebox for €140 delivered.

? 2/ Regards lights for this space, a 300w bar light fixture seems the best route to go, but this is based on my own research and i have zero experience, these are the 3 lights below i've been looking into,

Maxsisun MG3000

Marshydro FC and FCE 3000

Viparspectra KS 3000

but been honest i don't think i could stretch beyond the Maxsisun MG3000 price, which i can pick up locally for €240 as i have tons of other things to buy as i go, i've things very finely balanced money wise as said above to be smoke'n our own stuff for Xmas which would be really :realcool: and be the best Xmas we could look forward too considering our circumstances.  

Maxsisum MG3000 i know doesn't have the LM301B diodes, and has the LM281B, but my thinking for the money, it does have 1,392 diodes in total, and is a full spectrum light, there are 3 good par test videos on youtube in a 3' x 3' space, so in an 80 x 80 it should fair even better, i will also be buying an AC Infinity extractor and a good scrubber. 

Any info/opinions would be appreciated, and anyone here with experience regards the Homebox tent, and Maxsisun light. I would like to buy the light this week as it's on offer, but that will depend on opinions here, thanks for taking the time to read :smoke:

• Like 2

I wouldn't touch greenqube with a bargepole now after my awful customer service experience with the prick that runs the company. 

Speak to ledgrowlights.co.uk for your lighting requirements. Like you said, buy cheap buy twice!

• Like 2

I've been looking recently and I've heard a lot of good things about Maxisun. Of course they're a budget brand, they won't compete with an HLG or similar, but the quality control and customer service is supposedly good, they're a new brand though so longevity is a bit of a mystery. I'm pretty sure you can buy exact clones on alibaba/AliExpress, but you would be sacrificing said QC and CS if you went that way. I've grown perfectly good buds with crappy chinese led "tube lights" I got off ebay so you don't need to break the bank to get something that will do the job well enough, people spend money I could only dream of on light fixtures. 

I've not much Idea about the homebox but I like the look of them. Migro did a video about different tent linings.  

E2A have you explored the idea of DIY for the grow space? You can normally pick up an old wardrobe or cupboard for pennis in face ache marketplace or gumtree, if your handy it could save a fair bit of money which you could put into better equipment elsewhere. Might keeo the wife a bit happier as well. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Best of luck with this. I know all about playing the waiting game before you can start growing :doh:lol Already stated above, but I'd definitely see what the site sponsors can do for your space @Ledgrowlights-Adam @ledgrowlights-Craig 

These guys won't try and sell you anything other than exactly what you need :yep: 

• Like 4

@monkeypig Ya the green qube i was set on, and even though a lot of good reviews,  but as i dug deeper i've now found a ton of unhappy customers and bad reviews which is putting me off

• Like 1

@MindSoup Ya Migro would be where i can pick up the Maxsisun and @ €240 and the test i've seen i think it could be good value for that money, thanks for the video link :yep:

I ordered a replacement skin for a GQ120 direct from greenqube and when I received it , it was totally different from existing models. When I contacted the owner I was told that I couldn't have a refund or and exchange and it was actually my fault for not actually specifying that I wanted a skin that exactly matched the existing one(WTF? right)  So, pissed off, it is now my duty to let potential buyers know what a cunt they are dealing with. Hopefully I can help put the crook out of business!

Edited by monkeypig
  • Like 2

@Oldman2.0 yeah he's the UK distributor isn't he. If I could fit an MG3000 in my tent I'd have bought one too tbh. 

@monkeypig they sound like proper wankers. Doing us a favour with the warning. 

• Like 2

@MindSoup  It took a lot of effort not to jump in the van, drive up to Wales and fill the cunt in, but I figure every person I stop putting money in the cunts pocket would have a far better effect.

But, like the Murphys I'm not bitter. But I will do all I can to save others:yep:

• Like 2

@Gaijin Thanks, i'm not sure if i can buy from the UK regards taxes and customs now

@monkeypig That  is enough for me to drop the Green Qube, your confirming what i've found in reviews

@MindSoup Ya Shane (Migro) is based here in Ireland, so i can go into the shop and see/handle and check the light out,

• Like 2

@MindSoup This seems a good vid on the light, he gives good info on par testing at optimal heights, he even stands on the light @ 1.20 mins to show how well its built

• Like 1

Just now, Oldman2.0 said:

he even stands on the light @ 1.20 mins to show how well its built

I'm sold lol

Although as always take payed promotions with a pinch of salt and definitely have a look with your own eyes before you buy one. Who knows maybe if ask nicely shane will let you stand on one lol

• Like 2

Ahhh apologies, did not realise you were based in Ireland. Fucked over by Brexit :rolleyes: 

Give them a year or so and I'm sure the boys will have a franchise opening near you @Ledgrowlights-Adam:D  

• Like 2

@MindSoup Ya understood, part of reason for buying from Shane would it's local, and shouldn't think then any bother therefore with quality and guarantee/warranty

• Like 1