First grow tent and light opinions, thanks

Oldman2.0

There's a Brexit thread on here somewhere; I've heard about it but haven't ever plucked up the courage to go in there lol A bit rough, I hear. Especially on Sundays, for some reason lollol 

I work for a company the does all of M&S's logistics and I was the manager at our depot, over the whole Brexit transformation. After pouring money at it, and throwing away hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of food in the process, they've had to admit defeat. All the French stores are now closing. Thanks Brexit :rolleyes: 

Best of luck :yep: 

• Like 4

Yeah mate, always good to see stuff with your own eyes. Shane does seem like a genuine bloke,  other than a few disgruntled rivals I haven't really found any criticisms or bad reviews about him. If only he would have a drink or a boiled sweet before he started recording lol.

• Like 2

Just now, Gaijin said:

Thanks Brexit :rolleyes:

It just keeps on giving doesn't it lol. I still can't see a reason why anyone would have thought it was a good idea other than being misinformed or just plain xenophobic. @Oldman2.0 I'd stay out of that current affairs section if I was you, unless you like never ending childish arguements with strangers on the internet lol. I suppose its good for a grin every now and then. 

• Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

It just keeps on giving doesn't it lol. I still can't see a reason why anyone would have thought it was a good idea other than being misinformed or just plain xenophobic. @Oldman2.0 I'd stay out of that current affairs section if I was you, unless you like never ending childish arguements with strangers on the internet lol. I suppose its good for a grin every now and then. 

@MindSoup i hear ya thanks for the heads up

Just now, MindSoup said:

mixture of both, with a dash of "too lazy to research the facts themselves" and a smidge of fermented Tory

I haven't been in current affairs yet lollol 

• Like 2

Was looking at the AC Infinity tents the other night, they look sexy AF especially with the controller added. Would say check those out but there isn’t a 80x80cm one :( 

• Like 1

Homebox ambient Q80+      I'd like to get my tent this week, i got to see the Homebox 60 x 60 x 160 version set up last week when i was buying my light, looks like a quality tent, heavy material, looks well made and good zippers, any members here have some feedback on the brand, @Shumroom i seen when reading some of your treads you have this tent, but i think for vegging, don't want to be in the position of buying the item and then someone here saying they have issues, i've watched the video posted by @MindSoup regards the different inner tent materials/colours, 80 x 80 x 180 is the size i have to work with,  any info appreciated on this tent or review of other good brand in this size, much appreciated thanks, :thumsup:

• Like 2

Hiya @Oldman2.0 :)

Yes I only use my Homebox tent for vegging. 

I definitely rate the quality of the build/manufacturing. 

I've heard some problems with light leaks,

but I think the inside floor protector has to be mounted properly to complete the light baffling. 

@mikeydoughnut I think used/uses one for bloomin'??

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Aye @Oldman2.0 and @Shumroom I use a home box but as has been said I’ve never flowered in one because the Velcro door doesn’t allow for it to be ‘sealed’ properly in my opinion. If the tent is in an already dark room I wouldn’t worry about it. I can’t knock the quality though. Really well made tents. They just need to fuck that flap at the bottom off n just have it zip all the way around.

• Like 1

@Shumroom That's good to hear, and i did like the quality i seen, and ya the velco on the bottom of the front door could be possible light leaks, and the tent has a seperate bottom that zips all the way round and would agree that a well fitted floor tray will help, but from having a good look defo fixable, would prefer the tent interior to be silver mylar from looking at tests, but the look of the tent is a factor in my house, if i get no bad info on the Homebox here today i'm gona buy tomorrow, and thanks for the reply, appreciated :thumsup:

• Like 1

My tent leaks like a sieve, easy solution is just to drape a blackout curtain or 2 over it. 

• Like 2

@mikeydoughnut Ya i hope to have 2 set ups down the line, and want to grow photo's, all the time, but for now i think i'm going to run 2/3 grows with autos and lights/extraction on 24/7, so initially get a few quick runs in and learn as much as i can, thanks for the feedback, appreciated :thumsup:

• Like 1

@MindSoup Good stuff, if i'm dealing with light leaks down the line, that's a good option thanks, i will be buying another really top end tent next year for photos, and can still use the Homebox for seedlings, clones, and veg'n. I shouldn't have much bother with the misses once i get a few runs done with picking the next tent, :cheers:  

• Like 1

@Oldman2.0 I know autos sound great with the quick turnaround,

unfortunately that's not always the case :( 

Some Seedbanks make it seem like autos are great for beginners,

i completely disagree with that :D 

autos aren't really for learning on,

better to start with a reliable fem photoperiod for your first few grows :) 

If you're using LEDs you want a white interior :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2