E55ex0ldboy Outdoor Pursuits

e55ex0ldb0y

@e55ex0ldb0y

Its what it's about learn what doesn't work and switch it up till u find something that does.

My problem is I too need a water pump but I've not got a generator so found one that runs of a power pack think that's my only solution .

GG'ing is addictive for those reasons u set out : risk to reward or effort to reward .

B

1 hour ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

you'll look back at it next year and you'll laugh but at the time it looked like you were chitting more than potatoes bud lol best of luck to the finish buddy :yep:

When I first see the damage I’d done I think I nearly chit myself lol 

considering the balls up they are looking quite healthy and fingers crossed the smoking won’t be too sad either ;) 

A teacher once told me the purest gold comes from the hottest flame…. Well these girls were burned to fuck and they survived so here’s me hoping Mr Flynn was right.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, B-real said:

@e55ex0ldb0y

Its what it's about learn what doesn't work and switch it up till u find something that does.

My problem is I too need a water pump but I've not got a generator so found one that runs of a power pack think that's my only solution .

GG'ing is addictive for those reasons u set out : risk to reward or effort to reward .

B

A good pal of mine got a battery powered submersible water pump with three batteries and he raves about it. He thinks short distance he could half fill an ibc tank with all 3 batteries which is approx 500litres. I’ll find out what it is if you want.

Honestly I’m proper addicted to it… going for it next year!

I’ve even decided to create a veg patch and fruit bushes, legal harvesting if you like?

save myself a few quid at the grocers and the dealers… result lollol 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

A good pal of mine got a battery powered submersible water pump with three batteries and he raves about it. He thinks short distance he could half fill an ibc tank with all 3 batteries which is approx 500litres. I’ll find out what it is if you want.

Honestly I’m proper addicted to it… going for it next year!

I’ve even decided to create a veg patch and fruit bushes, legal harvesting if you like?

save myself a few quid at the grocers and the dealers… result lollol 

Nice one yes please dm me the details if u can think the one I seen was black nd deka.

B.

1 hour ago, B-real said:

Nice one yes please dm me the details if u can think the one I seen was black nd deka.

B.

He’s got one like this

but he thinks that your better off getting a higher power 12v pump and connect it to a motorbike battery.

he does know his shit…

Edited by Owderb
Link removed
  • Like 1

Nice 1 mate I'm adding that to my basket.

Just had a look at 12v water pumps 12v battery and 12v battery charger need some hose but without hose under 50 quid .

Think I got a car battery charger in the shed somewhere so I guess this is the way I'm going if your man recommends 12v for efficency 

Edited by B-real
Fone likes to auto correct into wrong words

6 minutes ago, B-real said:

Nice 1 mate I'm adding that to my basket.

If you get the Bosch one I’d suggest a couple of spare batteries.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, e55ex0ldb0y said:

lol 

Im already sourcing rotted horse muck from a horse sanctuary and I’ve got my eyes on a rotavator. Bought a powerful submersible water pump and should be able to get my hands on a couple of ibc tanks which will make life so much easier. If I start Christmas time getting the ground ready then I should be able to put in a good performance next year.

going to turn the plot I’m in over, make it big enough for 4 rows of 5 as @B-realtold me at the beginning of the year and the plot I’m using for my 420 pot is going to be a legal veg patch plus berry bushes.

Yeah mate all the things that I’ve learned from this year are going to be put into full effect plus I’m going to have a go at bending them about to use the space a bit better once again as @B-real does….. I’ve done a fairly successful scrog indoors so with the 2 combined??

Mate its a real bug loving every minute of it… Ive never been so on it with anything I’ve ever started. Guess it’s the hard work at first then you start seeing progress until eventually your so stoned you can’t see straight anyway lol 

Thanks to everyone that’s given me tips on here, you being one of the most plentiful with yours @Revive

Are you aware of no-till/no dig gardening? If not, have a look on YouPube for Charles Dowding.

I discovered it about 2 years ago and managed to put it into practice last year and into this year. My bed is 5 metres long by a metre wide and I can get 3 plants in it comfortably. I just chuck stuff on top and let nature do her thing. certainly no need for rotavators etc.

Actually I'm thinking of extending mine so I can get a 4th plant in.

• Like 4

On 19/08/2022 at 6:14 AM, Arbre Medicinal said:

Are you aware of no-till/no dig gardening? If not, have a look on YouPube for Charles Dowding.

I discovered it about 2 years ago and managed to put it into practice last year and into this year. My bed is 5 metres long by a metre wide and I can get 3 plants in it comfortably. I just chuck stuff on top and let nature do her thing. certainly no need for rotavators etc.

Actually I'm thinking of extending mine so I can get a 4th plant in.

I’ll only do it this year to turn it over because I want to extend, plus there’s the need to get shot of some nettle and mares tail roots best I can.

I’ll be going the more organic route after it’s established, hopefully the following year.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

I’ll only do it this year to turn it over because I want to extend, plus there’s the need to get shot of some nettle and mares tail roots best I can.

I’ll be going the more organic route after it’s established, hopefully the following year.

I understand that dude, but the whole point of no-till/no-dig is you don't need to do any of that to begin with.

You just put cardboard over the weeds and then put organic matter/compost on top of the cardboard, then put your plants into the compost, it's that simple. Imagine all the goodness your plants would get from the decomposing nettles and horsetails.

It's your choice obviously but, if you want to save yourself time and effort and if you want to garden organically in the future, then this method is so easy to do.

• Like 6

large.F974034F-583D-4FEB-B478-A35F07D66F0F.jpegBeen down with @e55ex0ldb0y for a few day’s. His plot is coming along nicely!! It’s not easy getting water for these, especially after a couple beers and a smoke!! 

Good work pal 

:skin_up:

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Really sorry been exceptionally lazy when it comes down to the diary…I’ve been organising a festival as well as doing the majority of the labour for it for the last month and a half, combined with my day job I’ve had a serious lack of time. Kept up with the plot although had 2 wedding glue that got bud rot too early to chop, had a go at cutting out the bad bits but it swept through the plant in days. I’ve cut them out now and fingers crossed it doesn’t affect the others. I think it was down to the fact they were tiny and not getting enough airflow.

Down to the plants.

They have been stripped to let in a bit more light, this one’s going to need a ladder to trim it lol 

large.B7AD6803-509D-4D0D-8F7D-FD075D4B6E5E.jpeg

Really healthy looking plant 3 weeks into flower and due to the height of both they are getting a really good amount of airflow.

large.79870299-7DB2-42FB-9F4E-D416659B54EF.jpeg

will be checking in on everyone in due course.

happy hunting :) 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 04/09/2022 at 4:35 PM, e55ex0ldb0y said:

Hello everyone,

Really sorry been exceptionally lazy when it comes down to the diary…I’ve been organising a festival as well as doing the majority of the labour for it for the last month and a half, combined with my day job I’ve had a serious lack of time. Kept up with the plot although had 2 wedding glue that got bud rot too early to chop, had a go at cutting out the bad bits but it swept through the plant in days. I’ve cut them out now and fingers crossed it doesn’t affect the others. I think it was down to the fact they were tiny and not getting enough airflow.

Down to the plants.

They have been stripped to let in a bit more light, this one’s going to need a ladder to trim it lol 

large.B7AD6803-509D-4D0D-8F7D-FD075D4B6E5E.jpeg

Really healthy looking plant 3 weeks into flower and due to the height of both they are getting a really good amount of airflow.

large.79870299-7DB2-42FB-9F4E-D416659B54EF.jpeg

will be checking in on everyone in due course.

happy hunting :) 

How did your season finish mate?

• Like 3