E55ex0ldboy Outdoor Pursuits

e55ex0ldb0y

large.EB46AA0F-F727-4744-9B5E-234E47A7DE31.jpeglarge.31666F1C-8D71-4585-A1FB-E17837FB8337.jpeglarge.D1F04983-0F2A-4CCC-BA45-D089E8792A29.jpeglarge.79B24AEB-263A-4FF3-A21C-C6408804641C.jpeglarge.669E0CCB-815F-4453-A11C-27748A20E85E.jpeglarge.400C67E8-E4D8-40F5-9FBD-ACCC097ECB23.jpegSo I’ve planted my first line of Cookies fast in the first row of the plot….

Didn’t get any pics of the germination process but soaked he beans for 24hrs before putting them in between wet kitchen towel in an old Chinese dish.

They we’re going to be left vegging for another week but due to the weather and work constraints (plus I’m going raving for the first time in about 15 years at the weekend) I decided that I’d plant 5am this morning.

All look ok fair root bed and haven’t shown signs of wilting this far.

I watered with a half mix of the grow nutrients that were supplied by @Seedstockers-Mark and put about 5 litres in each hole.

• Like 17

Good luck pal, looks like most of the country has a good may ahead of them. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

So I’ve planted my first line of Cookies fast in the first row of the plot….

Looking good there buddy.. they look happy as Larry, who ever he is :yep:

Your putting in the graft mate so hopefully your rewarded for it.

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Good luck pal, looks like most of the country has a good may ahead of them. 

Got my fingers and toes crossed mate lol 

I’m not afraid of the graft but it’s the first time I’ve gone outdoors so I’m learning on the job. Just recycling other peoples ideas on here, making sure the ingredients are used correctly and I should be ok. 
Cheers

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Revive said:

Looking good there buddy.. they look happy as Larry, who ever he is :yep:

Your putting in the graft mate so hopefully your rewarded for it.

Be lucky :yinyang:

I was a little worried that I had to put them out without giving them a few hours sun in pots a day to get the used to being out. But taking them out everyday isn’t an option for me so they’ve gone inside straight out. I’ve literally just been down there and they are all loving life atm so thinking it wasn’t such a bad idea early Sunday morning.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

I was a little worried that I had to put them out without giving them a few hours sun in pots a day to get the used to being out. But taking them out everyday isn’t an option for me so they’ve gone inside straight out. I’ve literally just been down there and they are all loving life atm so thinking it wasn’t such a bad idea early Sunday morning.

No need to worry about that dude..its not like we get cali sunshine or extreme temps they will be happy to go straight out.. lil need to ease them into it :yep:

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Good luck dude. Is that comfrey I can see in your pictures?

I’ve had a look at the plants that are in the garden and yes it’s comfrey also horsetail and a mountainous amount of stinging nettles.

All of which are are either a good fertiliser or mean there’s an abundance of nitrogen which is a good sign.

my only issue is the vast amounts of Himalayan Balsam growing literally everywhere! The only way to get shot of them is pulling them out before the seed pods explode but the fact they are mixed in with nettles it’s not such a wonderful job.

• Like 6

So it’s been 9 days since the first outdoor plants were put onto the patch and pot…. So far all have survived and are looking really healthy. Won’t be long and I’ll have to take the cage off.

Photos to follow later.

• Like 8

I know all about Himalayan Balsam dude, I did my thesis at uni on invasive species, keep hand pulling them before they flower and compost them, do this until the seed banks is exhausted, I wouldn't worry about any of the other stuff. The seeds are edible by the way, and bees love it. I think you'll have a bumper crop. 

• Like 4

Just now, e55ex0ldb0y said:

large.0663CCC3-7FFD-46B4-AC4C-306AEBF9B489.jpeglarge.2ECE58A2-618A-4C50-B654-DC6B59B523F2.jpeglarge.388FB436-F0AB-4C00-A80B-37B2A53544CA.jpeglarge.43A6835D-679E-42CB-A5D4-CB6CE57BD0B5.jpeglarge.D28EC0A9-7479-4ED9-A28F-23E183FDFF5F.jpeg9 days in…. I’ll have to get rid of the cages in a week or 2 me thinks?

Leave on whole time they will grow to about 5.5 ft plus i guess and be so much taller than the cages  u wont need to worry about them in the way .