mysticriver

@CDF20 I'd bet £100 they'd have grown a lot more if you'd left the leaves on, but anyway its done know, no point crying over spilt milk. I wish you all the best with th rest of the grow...

• Like 4

I've been doing LST for about a year, on all my grows. It normally keeps plants low, but not always. Really depends on the strain. If you have a sativa dominant auto, it's probably going to stretch a lot during flower anyway, even with LST. I have recently started topping autos in addition to LST (first time was by accident - while bending main stem it snapped), and I find the combination works well for controlling height a bit more, as well as stimulating more side branch growth. I'm also using ScrOG to spread the canopy out. I tend not to defoliate at all though, except removing dead, damaged or dying leaves lower down. 

• Like 2
Just now, MindSoup said:

@CDF20 I'd bet £100 they'd have grown a lot more if you'd left the leaves on, but anyway its done know, no point crying over spilt milk. I wish you all the best with th rest of the grow...

Thanks. 

Next time try without defoliation to compare ...

@CDF20 with photos I defoliate the bottom half then chuck the scrog on :pitchfork:  photos girls love S&M

they will bounce back - thats the beauty of photos, give them a week of growth before considering flipping:yep:

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

*STOP PRESS - this is not the best way to train

ive noticed that this technique, in its current form, allows a fair amount of underdeveloped buds and some insignificant popcorn to develop

this isn't really acceptable (edit- there is also a good amount of fat tops - its just that they are crowded with those unnecessary short stems)

the best way, I think, to counter this is to have another strip, round about id say somewhere in stretch (to be clear a 'step 4')

and remove all those stems that have not reached the full height of the canopy. they speak for themselves, im on about also the 'fill in' stems that are between those that are full height. and just leave a canopy of tops

cos they are just crowding the body of the plant and it will do a lot better with that stuff removed

this tec is fairly new to me, ive done it for 3 grows-or-so, it still needs a tweak. other training (supercropping, etc) I notice didn't produce as much rammel.

so thats what im going to do this next crop. 

and at least you can say you were there in the beginning, when this tec was being developed...

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 2

and yes guys I get the title 'basic lst tutorial' can be confusing to new growers, as lst doesn't involve stripping all the leaves away...

mystic

• Like 3

maybe get in touch with a mod and get tittle changed as this "guide" has more than just the LST method and it is for photos only not autos.

Nope LST just bend them over tie them down.

Give them abit of good old bdsm.

I must say mysticriver, you have done a fine job lst them girls.

You have got some top loking bushes.

• Like 1

Day 3 in the strip club :hippy:

Biotabs fabric pots versus Canna Coco autopot

large.IMG_20220617_194637_compress68.jpg

Thanks to Shane from migro to remind about app and cheap uni t I have but don't use 

Will keep PPFD low for next few days and then gradually start to add up to 950 

large.Screenshot_2022-06-17-19-50-00-686_com.homestudio.ppfdmeter.jpg

RH 75% for next 3 days 

Thanks for your tutorial mate.

Edited by CDF20
Pics
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, CDF20 said:

Day 3 in the strip club

they'll soon be overcrowded again

even if u leave just the growth tips, they soon get big

editorial interjection- like I said yesterday, im doing another trim around stretch/end of, to cut away all the falafel & just leave the full-height tops. shud B gud, bud...

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

it is for photos only not autos.

not sure what u mean as these are auto's

are you saying you shouldn't train auto's?

mystic

1 minute ago, mysticriver said:

im doing another trim around stretch/end of, to cut away all the falafel & just leave the full-height tops. shud B gud, bud...

I will strip them again on day 25 and will rise RH up to 70% for 5-6 days after stripping. Defo will cut pop corn and leave just 3 bud sites from top. 

Edited by CDF20
  • Like 1

@mysticriver no mate, nothing wrong with training autos with LST - aka bending.

Its the very heavy defoliation, lollypoping, schwazzing , supercropping that isnt recommended for most, if not all autos,  all of which you have included in this LST guide, so its confusing as it looks like all of these methods are LST, when in reality its only the bending thats LST. :smokin:

Unfortunately they are High stress and so  recommended for photos, not saying you cant do it to some autos (as you have shown) but doing this to every auto would be a mistake, as a lot wont cope with the chopping and would stunt through shock.

and no offence, but you havent invented any new techniques - It how photos have been grown for years your just applying it to autos :yep:

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3
22 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

and no offence, but you havent invented any new techniques

blud u rain on my parade.. just when I wuz entering copyright negotiations...

mystic

• Like 1