mysticriver

Very interesting and obviously very effective. Thanks for this :yep: I've just popped some autos myself and was planning on bending them around a bit. I can't get my brain around why you are "not supposed to top autos" because of the stress and lack of time available to recover.  Surely your method produces a bit of stress? And more than once. And you trim a fair bit more off the plant than just the tip. So surely topping an auto can't be that bad? Maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong lol What are your thoughts? 

• Like 3
On 20/05/2022 at 11:59 AM, Bebop said:

will this work safely on outdoor autos too?

I do something similar outside.

I've grown on an overlooked balcony for years so I have to keep them as low as possible.

I tie them down with twine pinned to the fabric pots with nappy pins. A bit less defoliation than Mystic.

I've topped autos too. More nipping out the growing tip than hacking it in half though.

large.609446c4ebf21_Lowprofiletraining.jpglarge.6270241dc349d_Skunk1Auto.jpg

• Like 9
Just now, Wacky Wardrobe said:

If she's growing strong and healthy she'll just shrug it off.

good to hear :yep: thanks 

18 hours ago, Gaijin said:

What are your thoughts? 

im not topping

just spreading out the branches

and defoliating the bit thats inside the pot

mystic

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

I do something similar outside.

I've grown on an overlooked balcony for years so I have to keep them as low as possible.

I tie them down with twine pinned to the fabric pots with nappy pins. A bit less defoliation than Mystic.

I've topped autos too. More nipping out the growing tip than hacking it in half though.

large.609446c4ebf21_Lowprofiletraining.jpglarge.6270241dc349d_Skunk1Auto.jpg

its all about spreading her out so the whole thing gets more light

which is exactly what your doing here

your way is prolly less stressful (less defoliation)

mystic

• Like 4

thanks mate :) Yes I know you're not topping. I'll make an attempt at your method as and when they get big enough :yep: 

• Like 1

7 weeks in

ive had a shuffle around, to move the 4 strongest under the best light

so the original 4 we've been following in this tutorial and grown to know and love, shown here at 6 weeks/6 days

large.A4CA294C-37C5-4FA5-9552-7F9A75C8B661.jpeg

have mostly been shoved-off to the lumatek

here the full 8 - which have all been lst'd the same. there all within a week of each other

large.001B3C42-7AAF-4F61-8758-9C48F27AF137.jpeg

theyve filled out all the space nicely

mystic

• Like 6
47 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

its all about spreading her out so the whole thing gets more light

On my balcony it's more about keeping them well under the radar.

Super low profile secret ninja plants :-)

Normally obscured by opium poppies :-)

Edited by Wacky Wardrobe
  • Like 4

oh yes, I forgot to mention

on Saturday, which was say, in between week 6 & 7

I tightened all the ties of the branches (not the main stems - they were tight enough) which were loose

this had the effect of pulling out the branches from the middle(s) slightly, let more light to it

and it increased the footprint a bit

just thought id mention it as I always seem to have to do it in mid-flower

mystic

• Like 3
On 13/05/2022 at 5:35 PM, MindSoup said:

Don't me wrong, its great a technique, but in what world is leaf stripping low stress? This is more like mainlining in my eyes, just without the topping.  

Oh I'm an argumentative prick lol

good point @MindSoup there are a few technique on show here, LST = low stress = bending. while HST = high stress = Cutting, topping, leaf removal, super cropping, lolloping etc.

While HST is not recommended for auto (in the past) some strains, dont mind it and even react well to it - but your always against the clock so avoiding anything to set it back is best avoided.

We (members) should start knocking up a list of auto strains that like dont mind a bit of HST. Just a thought 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

I was only really pointing out the grammatical error tbf, wouldn't want a newb reading this and thinking leaf stripping doesn't cause stress, there's already enough of that misinformation all over the place. It does seem that as autos have progressed they have started to get hardier, it's just down to finding those decent breeders who are at the leading edge, like you say a good list like the UK outdoor strain guide would be well handy. 

• Like 2

went through the girls this morning with gloves - they're starting to smell and get a little sticky

to remove a couple 'o handfuls dead leaves

I have to do that towards the end of flower

mystic

• Like 1
On 22/05/2022 at 3:07 PM, mysticriver said:

7 weeks in

ive had a shuffle around, to move the 4 strongest under the best light

so the original 4 we've been following in this tutorial and grown to know and love, shown here at 6 weeks/6 days

large.A4CA294C-37C5-4FA5-9552-7F9A75C8B661.jpeg

have mostly been shoved-off to the lumatek

here the full 8 - which have all been lst'd the same. there all within a week of each other

large.001B3C42-7AAF-4F61-8758-9C48F27AF137.jpeg

theyve filled out all the space nicely

mystic

these look fantastic mate - really consistent grow concidering the amount of plants they all look in tip-top condition - jealous me , surely not.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2