Catching the run off

Darknight420710

On 05/05/2022 at 7:25 PM, catweazle1 said:

Also, a more porous medium helps plants  be more tolerant to lower temperatures. That's my tuppence anyway.

I was worried about my root temps dropping,  the first 4-5 weeks they kept going down to around 16-17 but l did see 12 once. 

I used Coco with airpots and they didn't seem to mind whatsoever.. contrary to everything i read about the importance of keeping them up higher

Every diary I've seen with that combo has always had decent results. I'll be wacking in a tube heater and tiny fan to try and improve the temps low down and see what happens next time round. 

Just so this post isn't totally irrelevant to the op, I found the airpots a good idea because of the inset bottom, it allows the runoff to collect underneath with no risk of resoak. I use trays just big enough for the pot, and as they're 9inch it doesn't take much effort to gently lift the pot one handed and slide the tray out to empty. 

Edited by rolio
Said airport about a million times
  • Like 1