Weed it and reap: 2022 garden grow

PermanentWaves

Yep - this is the first time I’ve harvested a whole auto crop without any mould. Mind you, it’s as dry as hell here. Our lawn is now brown and our chickens have the biggest-ever dust bowl to roll about in. For garden growers it’s been a god-send; not so much for the guerilla growers.

• Like 4

@PermanentWaves looks propper tidy that mate.. great job:yep:  my fast cookies is an odd 1 ive gotta say.. started flowering very early after going out in early June then started to reveg and has now gone back to full flowering mode.. shes been going a while but has a good couple weeks in her yet.. how long was that girl in flower for bud can you remember?

Great work :yinyang:

• Like 2

Hi Revive - the Cookies started flowering at the beginning of June - about the same time as all my other autos, so around the same timescale as a normal auto. Yours is acting really weird. Let’s hope she kicks on asap!

• Like 2

On 02/08/2022 at 8:11 PM, PermanentWaves said:

Hi Revive - the Cookies started flowering at the beginning of June - about the same time as all my other autos, so around the same timescale as a normal auto. Yours is acting really weird. Let’s hope she kicks on asap!

Oh she deffo an odd 1 thats for sure.. she is still going and starting to suprise me a bit..

Was there much density to the buds on her? 

Mine are a lil airy I think from the reveg.. shes one confused bitch.. real sticky but not getting much cookies comming from her.. shes got areal funky kind of chemical smell about her

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, all - didn’t realise I’d been such a slacker and not updated for ages. Hope you’re all doing well. I’ve been seriously impressed with some of your 420L grows. Fingers’ crossed we can all get over the finishing line this autumn and get those jars filled.

I’ve just got my two Gelato FVs out in the garden now. My six autos are in the jars curing. As I mentioned in the earlier post, this is probably the first time I’ve been able to harvest plants when they are really ready - usually they are cut down a week early because of mould. And I can definitely tell the difference in strength - they all seem knock-out this year. The Cookies, especially, seem really strong. It has a great creamy flavour and completely floors me. I’ll do a proper taste test in the near future, once they’ve cured for a bit.

Back to the Gelatos. One is a week older than the other, but they have really come on in the past few weeks. Mornings and evenings here have been much cooler and damper, but thankfully it’s been pretty dry and warm still during the day so I’m keeping them outside as much as possible. I reckon both will be done in a couple of weeks - hopefully before mould starts being a problem.

So here’s a few pix of them both - the older one is 7-8ft tall. The other one is about 6ft. Both are suffering a bit with yellow leaves at the moment, which seems to be the norm for my plants in the last few weeks of their growth. They both smell amazing - very fruity and spicy and are covered in trichomes. These are my first Gelatos so looking forward to trying them soon.

I’ll do another update in a few weeks when harvest approaches. In the meantime, take care, everyone :hippy:

large.CAE4601B-C884-4BDA-A627-F74FA2AC66C9.jpeg

large.410FD9BF-082A-4EAF-A2D6-F4FCEFF357D2.jpeg

large.64A20BBF-4C9B-4F56-858B-22DA1D4DB42C.jpeg

large.6E64D24F-93FB-46C4-8887-2993525E2CFC.jpeg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone - hope you’re all doing well.

Well, that’s the 2022 season done and dusted for me. What a summer - no rain in this part of East Anglia for about three months. I grew six autos and two fast versions in the garden. I managed to harvest all of them when they were actually ready and had just a tiny bit of mould on one of them. That has never happened before. Normally I’m fighting mould, like everyone else, throughout the whole season at some point. Barring the searing heatwave, it was the perfect growing summer. Will we ever see one like that again?

I harvested my first Gelato FV a couple of weeks ago. It had just about had it as I had left it as long as I could. All the leaves were going really yellow - it wasn’t a particularly bushy plant but managed to get a big Kilner jar and a half out of her. Both Gelatos smell amazing - so fruity, zesty, bit of earthiness. Here’s the tray after a quick trim.

large.B6391E8E-6734-4DCF-8DB7-0F7D82B50B8C.jpeg

Over the weekend, I harvested the second Gelato FV. She was a much bushier plant, with a lot more really frosty bud on her. She didn’t suffer quite so badly with the yellow leaves and, again, smelt amazing. I’ve definitely got two Kilner jars out of her. Fast versions are definitely a must for me in future. It’s so nice being able to harvest them a month before before the real cold and damp sets in, and you get a decent amount off them.

So here’s the second Gelato just before she got the chop.

large.D0455E65-D324-4ABC-9FA1-2DD9ED0036BD.jpeg

large.B93D72A3-59DA-411F-A980-C04091132318.jpeg

I’ve managed to have a sneaky vape of the first Gelato and wow - what a flavour. She definitely tastes like she smells. So fruity, creamy, bit of zest, bit of vanilla, and a touch of earthiness. She hits me hard - goes straight to my eyes. If I vape her in the evening, I need a whole bottle of eye drops. Definitely get the munchies as well. She’s a good just-before-bed smoke, or zonk out on the couch. Hopefully Gelato number two will deliver a similar hit - she certainly smells the same as her sister.

So thank you to @Seedstockers-Mark for kindly donating the seeds this year. It’s a shame the Cookies ended up as an auto, but she’s a lovely smoke. I still got a Kilner jar out of her so not complaining. It’ll be interesting to see if the remaining Cookie seeds will also be autos. I’ll definitely give them a go next year to see.

I hope the cold and wet stays away for those of you still with photoperiods on the go. I’ll keep everything crossed for you all - can’t wait to see you fill your jars with some monster plants. Stay safe, all x :hippy:

• Like 14

4 hours ago, PermanentWaves said:

Well, that’s the 2022 season done and dusted for me. What a summer - no rain in this part of East Anglia for about three months. I grew six autos and two fast versions in the garden. I managed to harvest all of them when they were actually ready and had just a tiny bit of mould on one of them. That has never happened before. Normally I’m fighting mould, like everyone else, throughout the whole season at some point. Barring the searing heatwave, it was the perfect growing summer. Will we ever see one like that again?

I harvested my first Gelato FV a couple of weeks ago. It had just about had it as I had left it as long as I could. All the leaves were going really yellow - it wasn’t a particularly bushy plant but managed to get a big Kilner jar and a half out of her. Both Gelatos smell amazing - so fruity, zesty, bit of earthiness. Here’s the tray after a quick trim.

Over the weekend, I harvested the second Gelato FV. She was a much bushier plant, with a lot more really frosty bud on her. She didn’t suffer quite so badly with the yellow leaves and, again, smelt amazing. I’ve definitely got two Kilner jars out of her. Fast versions are definitely a must for me in future. It’s so nice being able to harvest them a month before before the real cold and damp sets in, and you get a decent amount off them.

I’ve managed to have a sneaky vape of the first Gelato and wow - what a flavour. She definitely tastes like she smells. So fruity, creamy, bit of zest, bit of vanilla, and a touch of earthiness. She hits me hard - goes straight to my eyes. If I vape her in the evening, I need a whole bottle of eye drops. Definitely get the munchies as well. She’s a good just-before-bed smoke, or zonk out on the couch. Hopefully Gelato number two will deliver a similar hit - she certainly smells the same as her sister.

So thank you to @Seedstockers-Mark for kindly donating the seeds this year. It’s a shame the Cookies ended up as an auto, but she’s a lovely smoke. I still got a Kilner jar out of her so not complaining. It’ll be interesting to see if the remaining Cookie seeds will also be autos. I’ll definitely give them a go next year to see.

I hope the cold and wet stays away for those of you still with photoperiods on the go. I’ll keep everything crossed for you all - can’t wait to see you fill your jars with some monster plants. Stay safe, all x :hippy:

Wow! That shows us what we could do in a greenhouse. Great stuff!

• Like 7

14 hours ago, PermanentWaves said:

Well, that’s the 2022 season done and dusted for me. What a summer - no rain in this part of East Anglia for about three months. I grew six autos and two fast versions in the garden. I managed to harvest all of them when they were actually ready and had just a tiny bit of mould on one of them.

Congrats on a successful season and harvest buddy.. enjoy the fruits of your labour :yep:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

Wow! That shows us what we could do in a greenhouse. Great stuff!

Thanks, @Lux_Interior - actually, this is the first year I haven’t had to use the greenhouse. They stayed out in the garden the whole time because we’ve had hardly any rain. I only brought them in to do the chop.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/10/2022 at 7:37 PM, PermanentWaves said:

Not a bad end to the season mate. You've managed to fill a jar or 2 which will see you through the winter months  :yep:

Was weird with the Cookies fast. We had the majority remaining photoperiod versions but we also had a few that autod  :(

Next year I'll pick a none fast variety I think :bong:

Thanks for playing along this year mate :headbang:

Kind regards  :bong:

• Like 6