E55ex0ldb0y 420lt grow diary

e55ex0ldb0y

Just now, MindSoup said:

@e55ex0ldb0y not quite, monster cropping is taking a cut from a flowering plant and then fully revegging that before then flowering it again, as apposed to whats happening here, it's also pretty pointless as it doesn't really help yield all that much and takes ages. 

Fair play…. I got told about it yesterday and haven’t looked into it tbh. I’ve just got to hope  that the buds fill out then? Hopefully it will still smoke ok albeit it’s going to take some trimming to get rid of the leaves lol 

39 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

It will be fine, if anything it might just finish a bit later is all... 

Got my fingers and toes crossed pal…. It’s such a lovely looking plant, really lush and green it would be such a waste if it goes pear shaped.

• Like 1

That's the best bit about gmit for me, even if they don't produce well you still get the joy of just being around plants and watching them grow...  

Just now, MindSoup said:

That's the best bit about gmit for me, even if they don't produce well you still get the joy of just being around plants and watching them grow...  

I do understand the sentiment and also enjoy just sitting around the plot smelling the sweet aromas whilst toking on a fat one. However it would be nice to get something from all the hard work that’s been put in…

Its my first go at outdoors so it’s not gone too bad really. I’ve just sorted a rotorvator and as soon as the plot is clear I’m going to fertilise ready for next year. I’m also going to put an ibc tank halfway between the plot and the river, that way it can be used with a submersible pump taking away the need to cart buckets from the river. More time then to relax and enjoy the  surroundings ;) 

• Like 2

The more you enjoy the process the more you appreciate the rewards, true for most things in life. I do love all that Zen stuff when I can hold onto it.

Sounds like you've got the right work ethic to be successful in this game, its not for the faint of heart thats for sure. On site water is a god send, definitely worth the investment. I've had an idea swimming around my head of having a reservoir thats automatically topped up by a pump and then running Blumats to all the plants from the reservoir.

My plot is next to a wee stream/brook, but its run dry with all this heat, so I'll be back to lugging in water for a little while. 

• Like 2