Has anyone else had unbelievable bad luck with herms? I'm getting desperate

FlooK

I'm on my 5th cycle in this tent and each time the plants have had seeds inside. I have done a ridiculous amount of research into growing cannabis and i've spent hundreds of hours optimizing my grow setup so its really frustrating that this keeps happening.

Setup:
Day 45 of flower, 4x4, Coco + Perlite, 600w HPS, Automatic watering system (once per day), Strain: In House Genetics - Platinum Gorilla

Feed:
Advanced Nutrients - A + B
Cal Mag
PH 5.8 to 6.2
EC ~1200

I've triple checked for any light leaks and there are none as far as I am aware. This run the plants got a bit too close to the light so they are slightly burnt up top but otherwise they look super healthy i think, nice green colours and no signs of stress or deficiency except the seeds I'm starting to notice in the buds. I also nuked the inside of the tent with cleaning equipment to ensure there was no residual pollen left from previous grows.

Pics of the current grow:

Pic of previous grow that also had seeds in (Barneys Farm: Wedding Cake, Kritical Kush, Pineapple OG): 

If anyone has any pointers or suggestions I could look into, I'm getting so tired of seedy weed and i really don't want to fail my mission to grow nice bud

Thanks so much

Edited by Cursed
Off site images

Are you growing different seeds/clones every time or was every grow platinum gorilla?

How far did you take your light leak checks?

You need to lock yourself in the tent and wait several minutes to let your eyes adjust to the dark before you can be sure there are no leaks.

Also check that any electrical equipment in your tent is totally unlit at all times.

Edit: a quick google for platinum gorilla hermie doesn't look good...

Edited by latigid aikon
  • Like 2

As said light leak or genetics or both. To close to lamp could do it to.

If it's genetics you see nanas,if it's light leak usually you get salad alike new growth as leak is constant. If you scorched you plant,well you can see it and could stress the plant enough to go herm IMO.

Post picture(crop it with pix resizer under 1mb) in uk420 gallery and link it here,outside links will be removed.

• Like 1

Gorilla strain is a hermie. That is the origin of it. It is genetically hardwired to throw balls sometimes. People stick with it because it has a legendary potent status. Something you have to live with if you want to grow it.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 5

Change breeders.  In-house have some seriously pretty plants, but loads of herm candidates to go with it. 

Barney's is legendary for the lack of work behind the lines. 

I've got some black cherry punch from in-house but after reading all the hermie reports with there strains I've decided against running it 

£170 down the drain 

Defo pretty plants but just not worth it imho 

Just now, Rufus Brown said:

I've got some black cherry punch from in-house but after reading all the hermie reports with there strains I've decided against running it 

I'd say that's a bad call.  I had a jelly breath pheno that was fucking outrageous, seriously amazing plant.  I've also got a sticky glue that is a fantastic smoke. 

There are some awesome plants in there.  Most of the cali hype strains throw seeds, but there is undoubtably fire in there too. 

Eta - both seed free. 

Edited by fatboy77

@fatboy77 I've got appleicios also but the hermie thing is putting me off 

I've got loads of beans to get through so will run them at some point down the line when I've seen a few grows with them and can gauge how hermie or not there likely to go 

@Rufus Brown my tip would be to run all the hermi candidates together in small pots, like 3L max.

Take cuts from each and then if you find something awesome you can fill a whole tent with that. 

People get fuct off when they grow a huge plant they know nothing about and its either shit or seeded. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions, im buying really nice weed at the moment and I would love to grow similar quality. Is there a strain or a breeder that's recommended? Something super resilient so it won't herm but also potent 

1 hour ago, latigid aikon said:

Are you growing different seeds/clones every time or was every grow platinum gorilla?

How far did you take your light leak checks?

You need to lock yourself in the tent and wait several minutes to let your eyes adjust to the dark before you can be sure there are no leaks.

Also check that any electrical equipment in your tent is totally unlit at all times.

Edit: a quick google for platinum gorilla hermie doesn't look good...

Yeah I did platinum gorilla initially and they all had seeds, then i ran barneys farm; wedding cake x2, kritical kush, pineapple punch and they seeded too. Then i ran another batch of platinum gorilla which were sent because i complained about the herms. All of these had seeds. I didn't realize barneys farm were known to herm as well but a few people are saying that

I've obsessed about light leaks, all vents blocked, zips and tent walls checked from inside, all devices LEDs covered in thick tape

Edited by FlooK

Just now, FlooK said:

Thanks for all the suggestions, im buying really nice weed at the moment and I would love to grow similar quality. Is there a strain or a breeder that's recommended? Something super resilient so it won't herm but also potent 

You're where I was 5 years ago.  The dope on sale in my area is fucking awesome and I couldn't get close to matching it. 

Cuts is the easiest/fastest route to great genetics, but is obviously a legal risk and now comes with a threat of HLVD. 

Now I know to grow and hunt properly things have changed.  You will match the decent stuff on sale, but it ain't easy or quick. 

Just now, fatboy77 said:

You're where I was 5 years ago.  The dope on sale in my area is fucking awesome and I couldn't get close to matching it. 

Cuts is the easiest/fastest route to great genetics, but is obviously a legal risk and now comes with a threat of HLVD. 

Now I know to grow and hunt properly things have changed.  You will match the decent stuff on sale, but it ain't easy or quick. 

Yeah thats pretty accurate but cuts aren't an option since i don't know other growers, ive learnt myself through forums and youtube etc. It's frustrating because i use the bud for pain relief and ive worked really hard to make it work but the stuff im growing with seeds isn't doing the trick. The strains im buying are ogs; biker, ozk etc. If you could recommend a strain that would be awesome

Edited by FlooK

Just now, FlooK said:

If you could recommend a strain that would be awesome

Holy grail kush is okay. 

Anything from karma is usually decent. 

Check out seedstockers, Mark will help out if you let him know what you like. 

The site subscriber seeds are a fuck tonne better than most expensive beans out there. 

Eta - I fucking love ozk.  Beautiful smoke that is. 

Edited by fatboy77