greenfingers1987

Just now, McHazy said:

Nice tae see ye back man aye :yep:

I always found wi 4 in the gt205 that a couple would take off an the other 2 would always struggle but I ran multi strain from seed reckon it would be easier runnin clones the same strain

Aw the best wi em

Thanks pal, good to be back tbh.

I’ve been thinking about placement myself, I need to have 4 clear streams so thinking of not a zig-zag bit more of a diagonal line, meaning there’s no other plant the nute stream will be hitting first, but this is all a learning curve, never used NFT before and I’m making it slightly harder doing a SOG, but it’s the best way financially with all these leccy bill rises.

hope your all good and nice to see you pal :hug:

• Like 1

pipe def outside, adjust the screw valve to increase decrease air, honestly it doesn't make a big difference just makes the pump noisier. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trichomehi said:

pipe def outside, adjust the screw valve to increase decrease air, honestly it doesn't make a big difference just makes the pump noisier. 

Thanks pal, I did notice the tone change when I was fcuking around

with it earlier lol 

• Like 1

Little update, or not as the case may be.

the cuts have started growing, but no roots through the cubes yet.

I tried resting them on the mat and not in the trays as I was scared they’d dry out too quickly, and a couple look slightly overwatered due to the wicking of the spreader matting. So they are sat back in the litter trays, they’ve dried all the way out since  and I’ve been turning the pump on and dipping them into the matting, which saturates the bottom couple of CM and seems to be ready again by the morn.

All a learning curve, but they’re alive and growing, greening up and hopefully by next Sunday, they’ll be roots everywhere.

Another predicament I’m in is basically I can hear my extraction fan going at night through the floor, now next door is about 8 foot lower than me so I doubt they can hear it, but you never know. I was talking to a mate about a silent box fan, to replace my 8 inch RVK A1, I was looking at a 1000m3/hr one, but he says they’re shit and won’t move air like my RVK? Is this true, he said he ran 2x 1000m3/hr in tandem. I’ve also been looking at the boxes you can buy to soundproof the RVK, does any of you know if they work? I’m probs being a bit over cautious, but you never know :oldtoker:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, greenfingers1987 said:

Little update, or not as the case may be.

the cuts have started growing, but no roots through the cubes yet.

I tried resting them on the mat and not in the trays as I was scared they’d dry out too quickly, and a couple look slightly overwatered due to the wicking of the spreader matting. So they are sat back in the litter trays, they’ve dried all the way out since  and I’ve been turning the pump on and dipping them into the matting, which saturates the bottom couple of CM and seems to be ready again by the morn.

All a learning curve, but they’re alive and growing, greening up and hopefully by next Sunday, they’ll be roots everywhere.

Another predicament I’m in is basically I can hear my extraction fan going at night through the floor, now next door is about 8 foot lower than me so I doubt they can hear it, but you never know. I was talking to a mate about a silent box fan, to replace my 8 inch RVK A1, I was looking at a 1000m3/hr one, but he says they’re shit and won’t move air like my RVK? Is this true, he said he ran 2x 1000m3/hr in tandem. I’ve also been looking at the boxes you can buy to soundproof the RVK, does any of you know if they work? I’m probs being a bit over cautious, but you never know :oldtoker:

In my experience the actual fans don't make that much noise compared to the rushing sound of air thru the ducting, so i installed ducting that is insulated, that made it less noticeable, also try to remove as many bends as possible, the straighter the ducting the quieter it is, I've always used rvk's, i suppose some sort of silencer were the air is finally vented might help if it's particularly noisy there.

• Like 1

Insulated ducting and suspend the fan/s on bungees. I used to place my 3inch cubes on tile spacers rather than straight onto the matting and only put them in once they all have a good amount of root showing from the bottom of the cubes. Another little "trick" i did was to slightly increase the gradient- of the tray to prevent any chance of the nutrient pooling.

Best of luck with it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trichomehi said:

In my experience the actual fans don't make that much noise compared to the rushing sound of air thru the ducting, so i installed ducting that is insulated, that made it less noticeable, also try to remove as many bends as possible, the straighter the ducting the quieter it is, I've always used rvk's, i suppose some sort of silencer were the air is finally vented might help if it's particularly noisy there.

To be honest it’s not the whooshing, more the hum of the fan, but I’ve got my CF SAT on my groom floor sat on a thick piece of polystyrene, with the fan mounted directly on top so the hum, vibrations coming through the floor, but can’t really hear it during the day, just when it’s dead silent at night. I’ve used silencers before, found them shite tbh, thanks for popping in pal :bong:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hombre del Monte said:

Insulated ducting and suspend the fan/s on bungees. I used to place my 3inch cubes on tile spacers rather than straight onto the matting and only put them in once they all have a good amount of root showing from the bottom of the cubes. Another little "trick" i did was to slightly increase the gradient- of the tray to prevent any chance of the nutrient pooling.

Best of luck with it

Yes, I think I’m going to go with one of the soundproof boxes or make my own and suspend out side the groom on bungees.

I’ll be putting some 2x1 baton under the rear of rack system and not go the full 20l probs 18-19 to save spillages. They’re looking happier now, just trying not to rush it and with me over saturating them, I’ve put them back maybe a week already root wise! So I’ll keep them as they are in the litter trays for the week and keep wetting the bottom 1-2 cm when they’re dry until I get plenty roots coming out the bottom. It’ll also give me a good indication as to whether my initial 0.5 ml/l is a good amount or needs upping slightly. Wondering whether to up the voodoo or not. But I’m not changing anything this week. Tank change tomorrow and tbh most has evaporated lol 

Thanks for having a look bud :bong:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

large.1195F02C-A7AF-46B7-8B91-FB88530CDAF5.jpeglarge.12D1630C-1F0B-45BB-8AA3-9EC775BB4BDA.jpeglarge.49A204C7-8FD1-44BE-9980-665596414158.jpeglarge.BBA176DA-4DE0-4106-AE27-74E47622B967.jpeglarge.F150ACA1-C5D2-47C7-ACF9-8D36AA3AB3DA.jpegHello everyone and apologies for my absence, I’ve been very busy, but also not a lot has happened :wallbash:.

so in my haste to get going I’d completely forgotten about cuttings taken from flowering plants (particularly plants 3 weeks into flower) will take longer to root, then go through the whole mutant re-veg stage and it takes weeks (over watering don’t help either).

so I persevered kept my EC low and continued to hand water them. They are currently on

1.5ml/litre grow, bloom and micro

2ml/litre voodoo juice, giving an ec of 0.67, they are happy now, I’ve done some defoliation, topping and LST, but they’re very unruly, loads of shoots, and tops have resulted in 3-5 new tops. Some had shown signs of overwatering, but I didn’t over complicate it, I’ve been patient and now they’re all healthy and as of today are in the systems :thisbig:

They will be going into flower at 8am, running lights on at night keeps temps perfect and here are some pics-

I bought 3 x 25 L (it was buy 2 get 1 free on eBay lol) clear brand new drums and filled each with 20l and jumped it up the ladders, it’s not that bad to do at all tbh and I’ll use 13ml aquarium pipe to pump out into them and pour into the garden after.

I’m happy though and think I’ve got the base for some beautiful flowering plants.

as you can see I ended up going for 3 in each and seeing how that is, corex is cheap to replace if I decide to do more or less in the future.

happy Saturday everyone :gossip:

• Like 3

Checked on them at 6am before lights off at 8am, temps 25.9 and 26.4 (readings taken from around the centre of both lights at canopy level, air movement is on point with the Y piece on the end of the intake  and the 30cm maxifan (great fans!), so environmentally everything is great, the plants were looking extremely happy, so I’m glad I waited, I picked up the covers slightly, I can see roots down to the spreader mat already, the plants themselves look a nice shade and healthy. They seem noticeably bigger to me, but tbh I was just relieved to see they weren’t all clawed down and paling up. I had in my head the whole time about well established roots, so I’d taken no chances:smokin: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

large.7CD8B64C-080E-43C7-905A-5E04049E974A.jpeglarge.BDCDDF13-D5A3-429D-A0A1-800DEF1E3215.jpeglarge.9E516966-28DB-48D5-B67C-456D55C367BF.jpeglarge.5A7579F4-7B28-4086-8A9C-35AE263B5015.jpeglarge.7273D0F6-A3AD-4D3A-B29B-BA36A60E36A2.jpeglarge.C9126D84-60E0-4CE5-AE9F-242ED28F84B3.jpeglarge.2410873D-DB34-406D-A70D-A057DB689498.jpeglarge.694360B6-4286-4674-821D-91C0B57F3C55.jpegSo day 8 of flower so week 2, day 1.

what a difference a week makes!!

I did all 4 res changes today a day late, but couldn’t yesterday and they each had-

1.5 ml/litre grow, micro and bloom

0.5 ml/litre big bud

this gives an EC of between 0.9 and 1.0 (the big bud seems to have a bigger effect on EC, so glad I started low) the plants had just started to lighten up over the past couple of days, which I don’t mind, but I didn’t want to up bases as I knew I was swapping from voodoo juice to big bud. I must also say that these advanced nutrients 3 part is a pleasure to work with so far.

I did some pretty heavy defoliation, I moved each tray out and gave them a good old trim up. It was my last chance and with the slow start they had, I’d been reluctant earlier. That are happy, roots are pearly white and have grown right into the tank. Im very impressed with NFT so far, the only problem I see with it, is having to be very patient initially, keep EC low.

temps have been between 21C lowest to 26C highest lights on 8pm-8am and daytime temps see everything staying within very favourable parameters.

I have a SCROG net on the way for support and I can see me filling a net nicely over the next two weeks and will now up feeds weekly probably by 0.5ml/litre and will feed big bud for the next few weeks, then overdrive until week 8, then 1 week base only, then flawless finish for a week unless I see signs off too much N then I’ll keep to same ml/litre

anyway some pics…..

hope you’re all having a great day :thisbig:

• Like 3

large.1E61BB35-CAF5-445C-A834-93CCBB312C44.jpeglarge.3D634803-CEA0-43B3-832F-DD0496747E2A.jpeglarge.CE183963-BB2C-44D9-BC93-BA569A07ED4C.jpeglarge.32FC3AAC-ED60-477A-B61C-1ED353AF39B6.jpeglarge.E1B598BF-5576-4C4B-9FCE-11C63784B741.jpeglarge.658AE377-CCBA-41B2-A6ED-B1B11EF2C9C6.jpegDay 14 of flower today!, some yellowing due to low EC, gone from 1.5 ml/l to 2ml/l bases and 1ml/litre from 0.5ml/l of big bud giving an EC of 1.1, so hoping for a nice response, I find there’s nothing wrong with keeping a tiny bit hungry.

I added a SCROG net and they’ve responded well and should have filled the space nicely by the end of stretch, I’ve been tucking for the last 5 days or so and most of the smaller shoots I saved are reaching for the stars and growing fast. These went 70 days for my friend, where the cuts came from so around 8 weeks left to :execute: but I am thoroughly enjoying this run, I was a little worried about res temps, but running through the night is keeping things lovely and I can’t wait to watch these ladies produce flowers. They’ll be on big bud until week 5 then will be pure bases for 2 weeks, then overdrive for weeks 7 and 8, then flush start of week 9, then pure water until ripe.

ATB everyone :oldtoker:.

• Like 5

Good morning you lovely lot!

so little update, I BURNED THEM, it’s not too bad, but I’m pissy at myself about it:wallbash:.

as I mentioned I had some lightening so upped bases by 0.5ml/litre and big bud by 0,5 ml/litre, they looked great for a day, then Tuesday, noticed the start, so topped up tanks with 5l water yesterday, brought EC down to 0.9-1.0 from 1.1-1.2. They aren’t too bad, seem to be budding up nicely and I can already see they’re going to be a Ba$tard to trim, you could remove a full 10l bucket of leaves and you wouldn’t even tell!

anyway I know the error of my ways, I’ve not been doing res top up’s, my EC has stayed pretty stable, but obvs some mobile,micro,macros are depleted by day 4-5 giving me some lightening so I upped my EC, my own fault and part of the huge learning curve with true hydro. Just goes to show you really don’t need to pack nutes in I am on week 2 day 4 flower and an EC of 1.2 burned them.

there will be a proper pic update on Monday so you can all see what I’ve done haha. If it gets worse, I’ll use some flora kleen and flush them out, I know people who use it every two weeks all the way through to keep their systems and girls free of salt build up, just cba to PH .:skin_up:

• Like 3