greenfingers1987

Hello fello uk420’ers

Now it’s been around 6 or 7 years since I posted on here. And around the same amount of time since I’ve grown divorces and starting life again.

some of you may remember the dungeon diary’s lol.

anyway I’ve got a 2x1x 1.8 loft tent.

8 inch RVK L1 940m3/he and rhino pro pulling out, 6 inch RVK L1 pulling in,

2 x 600w digi dimmable with the 660 super setting, 4 x gt205 (70x40x20 cm) as it’s the only thing that would go up the hatch, running advanced nutes PH perfect micro, grow, bloom, voodoo juice, big bud, overdrive. 
I am planning on running 4 in each system and was going to flip after a weeks veg.

cuts currently rooting in root riots, taken 5 days ago and looking good, planning to put into 3 inch cubes and propagate until plenty of roots before putting into the NFT’s.

I was going to start at 0.5 ml per litre of grow, bloom and micro and work up .5 ml/l weekly as I know EC needs to be kept lower.l unless they ask for more.

If anyone has done the same sort of SOG set up in these systems and also any tips? I did google and came up with a really good tip page on here, bud asked me to log in and lost it and can’t find it in search.

hope you’re all well, any of my old mates here feel free to say hello.

one plant , one love 

• Like 7

@greenfingers1987

Hi bud, nice to see ya back...

I use Advanced PH perfect nutes and find only the base A+B grow and bloom are needed, with a touch of Buddhas Tree PK towards the end of flower :yep:

Easy to overwater rockwool blocks and one of the reasons I gave up NFT in preference to clay pebbles and top watering, never had a problem since.

Make sure you get a really good root system before they go in, there's a few guys on here who've got the hang of it...I never could...:rofl:

If you've been out of the loop for a few years take a look at LED lighting. It's come on in leaps and bounds and with the price of leccy

going through the roof they're a sound investment in savings, yield and quality...site sponsor has good deals and the best kit.

Best way to find anything on here is Google it then add uk420...:yep:

atb  :oldtoker:

• Like 4

@stu914 you’re still here!! Glad to see you pal.

thanks for the tip, I’ve seen that a really good root system is key. I plan on putting my root roots into 3” cubes once well rooted, then I’ve got 4 x litter trays, two with loads of little holes and two as a res/catch tray. I’ll have 8 cuttings in each and once I see roots protruding, I’ll dump 1.5 l of 0.5 plus a bit of voodoo per litre like a flood and drain hand set up, I’ve tested it and it drains in time for half the rock wool cube to be saturated before it drains. This should promote a very healthy root system before putting into the NFT’s.

I’m a bit excited about this run.

Edited by greenfingers1987
  • Like 2

Good luck with the grow and nice to see old member coming back :D

Duno much about Nft so I won't drop any advice.

What's on the menu?

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

I'm growing in nft, nice to see another fellow nft grower, I'm looking at doing a diary in about a month, so I'll be looking forward to watching yours, good luck.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

What's on the menu?

Nice to be back pal, 16 x pot of gold, I’ve taken 21 cuts from a friends plants 10 days into flower. Plan on getting an advanced root system in the 3 inch cubes, before 1 week veg then 12/12. Hoping for 30 zips, should see me x2 grows Lee year haha.

2 hours ago, trichomehi said:

I'm growing in nft, nice to see another fellow nft grower, I'm looking at doing a diary in about a month, so I'll be looking forward to watching yours, good luck.. 

Never done it yet, I’ve done Wilma and clay pebbles and automated home made dripper systems. I’m looking forward to getting my teeth into a new faster way if growing. I’ll do my best to keep updates and all the best you you pal :hug:

• Like 1

I ran SOG in those little gt205's for 20 years, they're great plug and play easy.

I also ran four in a loft for the same loft hatch size reason.

Best thing I found about having four on the go is you can get the timing for a rolling harvest , one table ready every two/three weeks or so.

Saves having to trim the whole lot at once and reduced flowering smell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lister420 said:

I ran SOG in those little gt205's for 20 years, they're great plug and play easy.

I also ran four in a loft for the same loft hatch size reason.

Best thing I found about having four on the go is you can get the timing for a rolling harvest , one table ready every two/three weeks or so.

Saves having to trim the whole lot at once and reduced flowering smell.

Can I ask how many per system you did as SOG, I was originally going to do x6, but after reading about growth rate in NFT, decided on 4.

I was also planning on 4 days- 7 days veg once in the systems, but some say flip as soon as they go in. I’m sure POG is an indica dom strain so I shouldn’t struggle keeping her height down. I just hope enough root lol. Been a long long while since I’ve taken cuts, but they look healthy enough the last time I checked them (I leave them for a few days at a time, 18C inside the prop, and moist, but not waterlogged. Taking the lid off every day fcuks them imo. Just finding it hard not to be too excited and ‘fiddle’ haha.

milk take

some pics next time I’m up there:bong:

• Like 1

I used to do 10 per table, straight in 12/12 as soon as I saw roots coming through the rockwool cube. No real veg time.

With veg time they will get big.

So yeah, if you veg then fewer clones is better.

Depends on the strain also, an eight weeker straight 12/12 from clone stays managable, so I go with 10 clones a table.

If you go a 12 week flowering strain then you'd have to reduce the number as they get big, if you added veg time to a 12 weeker you'd have a jungle.

One heads up is pump noise. A single pump makes a small buzz, four in unison makes a bit of a hum at 3 a.m.

• Like 3

When going straight 12/12 with no veg time with indicas I would get half ounce per clone without trying, when dialled in you get closer to the ounce a clone (strain dependent)

On average I was getting around seven ounce a table ( give or take) that's only visiting twice a week and running sterile.

Around the year 2000 I was running the exodus cheese cut, that smashed 10 oz a table regular, that was a beast in nft. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lister420 said:

I used to do 10 per table, straight in 12/12 as soon as I saw roots coming through the rockwool cube. No real veg time.

With veg time they will get big.

So yeah, if you veg then fewer clones is better.

Depends on the strain also, an eight weeker straight 12/12 from clone stays managable, so I go with 10 clones a table.

If you go a 12 week flowering strain then you'd have to reduce the number as they get big, if you added veg time to a 12 weeker you'd have a jungle.

One heads up is pump noise. A single pump makes a small buzz, four in unison makes a bit of a hum at 3 a.m.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve read people re-routing the pipe from pump around the hole which is supposed to be good for  noise as it’s meant to be pipe on tray that causes it, and can just gear my 8 inch RVK running anyway if I concentrate lol, leave the bathroom light on and it’s all good haha. Next door is also about 8 foot lower than us so all good and semi detached. 

wow 10 per tray, I’d read someone did 5 and the top tray lifted with roots. POG is a shorter flowering strain, but you never know lol. I’ll just give them a couple of days to adjust after going in then flip them. I just want to make sure they’re established root wise before I put them in.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'd make sure you're happy with the roots first time, until you get used to the system, but believe me you'll get used to how fast they root and take into the table.

Roots do fill the reservoir, they even try and go back into the pump lol. But again with an eight weeker doesn't have time to be full on. A table full of 10 , 12weekers then yeah the roots will be bursting out. That's why I didn't veg, stops the roots getting to crazy also.

Edited by Lister420
Added info.
  • Like 2

Oh and when fully grown they can guzzle a gallon a day, with only a 20ltr res you're gonna be on your toes the final weeks, another reason I went rolling harvest.

Slogging 80ltrs up a loft, i had pumps, hoses and ladders, felt like I was training to become a fireman.....

• Like 3