greenfingers1987

35 minutes ago, Lister420 said:

Slogging 80ltrs up a loft, i had pumps, hoses and ladders, felt like I was training to become a fireman.....

Yep lol I’ll be in the same boat pal, but I’ve got a shower outlet on my bath tap, so can attach a hose to it, get the temp perfect and have the water flow on low and have 4 x 10 ltr buckets to fill and mix and put in res’ and I’ll use pumps and a big car sponge for removal of old nute solution.

yeah I’ll probs have a couple buckets made up to correct EC ready to top up daily.

I’ll be running through the night light on to keep temps down and res temps up with lights off being during the day. 
I think I’m just going to have to see how they are after the first weeks veg and see how they are as they’ll pack it on the first 3-4 weeks of bloom.

it’s all exciting stuff, I’ll be running the 3 part advanced PH perfect grow bloom and micro, plus voodoo juice for first couple of weeks, then big bud weeks 2-4 of flower and overdrive 5-7 I think. It will be weird just leaving the PH, but I’ll not have always have the luxury to be up there farting around with unstable PH levels. I’ll m just trying to make it as hassle free as poss, keep EC low until they ask for more and hopefully hit around the .75g per watt mark . Then shut down for 6 months or so :oldtoker:

• Like 3

Pot of Gold takes me back, be nice to see what yours turn out like. Have you had a sample/smoke from your friend before? I hope it's not the leafy one that used to crop up a lot, nightmare of a plant!

Best of luck with it :lucky:

• Like 1

Sounds like you've got it well thought out greenfingers. You'll smash it.:bong:

If you run a diary I'll have a nose, if you run into a snag tag us and I'll have a look if you want, I'm sure I've ran into similar along the way.

Good luck bud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC said:

Pot of Gold takes me back, be nice to see what yours turn out like. Have you had a sample/smoke from your friend before? I hope it's not the leafy one that used to crop up a lot, nightmare of a plant!

Best of luck with it :lucky:

I’ve not had any sample, no pal, he gets cuts from a friend of a friend and runs different strains every run. I was just lucky enough to be able to snag 21 cuts from his plants at 13 days flower. 
They’re quite short, very bushy huge fat fan leaves and would defo benefit from a good lower strip out. The last time I saw POG was about 14 years ago up north. But yes I’m going to need to keep her in check I’d imagine, but with a week or two’s veg, no topping (maybe some LST to bring plants out to edges of system to maximise space) and lower popcorn branch removal should see lollipop 12-24 inch tall lollipops.

1 hour ago, Lister420 said:

Sounds like you've got it well thought out greenfingers. You'll smash it.:bong:

If you run a diary I'll have a nose, if you run into a snag tag us and I'll have a look if you want, I'm sure I've ran into similar along the way.

Good luck bud.

Im trying my best bud, also trying my best to leave the cuts for a few days at a time lol. It’s like I’m a brand new grower again lol .

thanks bud, I think it’s going to turn into a new diary, I’ll try to do weekly updates with pics etc and hopefully I’ll be swimming in green for my birthday in July :bong:

• Like 1

Here’s some pics, I took the lid off the prop today, some of the cubes were drying out and cuts stout so I’m expecting to see some roots in the next week. Sorry didn’t get a pic of them. I have my intake coming down the middle between my two lights with a Y piece on the end, cooling both lights (when they’re on) I’ll be running lights on at night once they’re on 12/12 (two weeks-20 days I’m hoping) to keep temps in check :oldtoker:

large.D0A074B9-6AAD-4602-AA7A-0207DA3C2B5A.jpeglarge.A62C276A-679B-49A3-89E4-8EAC61D70679.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, greenfingers1987 said:

Here’s some pics, I took the lid off the prop today, some of the cubes were drying out and cuts stout so I’m expecting to see some roots in the next week. Sorry didn’t get a pic of them. I have my intake coming down the middle between my two lights with a Y piece on the end, cooling both lights (when they’re on) I’ll be running lights on at night once they’re on 12/12 (two weeks-20 days I’m hoping) to keep temps in check :oldtoker:

large.D0A074B9-6AAD-4602-AA7A-0207DA3C2B5A.jpeglarge.A62C276A-679B-49A3-89E4-8EAC61D70679.jpeg

Ready to go then, interested in seeing how you get on, not many nft runs on here now, your putting clones in and then straight into flowering am i correct? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, trichomehi said:

Ready to go then, interested in seeing how you get on, not many nft runs on here now, your putting clones in and then straight into flowering am i correct? 

Once the root riots, root I’ll put into 3 inch RW cubes and I’ve got 4x litter trays two with holes drilled all through the bottom as a top tray and two as bottom ‘catch’ trays, I’ll put 8 in each and bring on a healthy root system hopefully 14-20 days.

I’ve read it’s not a good idea to place cubes in NFT that haven’t the roots to take the constant barrage of water and nutes.

I may veg for a week under 18/6, then flip to 12/12 under 1200w.

cuts are currently under 250 24/7 as they were taken from plants 2 weeks into flower (so should see some crazy growth)

ATB and thanks for popping in bud :bong:

• Like 2

Welcome back @greenfingers1987, I also left here about 7 years ago and have just returned; used to be Drfill. I was into nft for many years; 2 6oow hps over 2 of the large trays but did scrogs with only 4 plants in each tray. These days i'm outside in the Spanish sunshine but have been thinking of getting a tent and doing nft again but no one here in Spain seems to do it. Best of luck with them mate, I shall but watching with interest.

The little pumps are noisy, i only had 2 but both us and our neighbours could here them, and they were cops! They smelt my grow at one time (filter problems) and he asked my wife straight out if I was growing, she said "Yes, just a little percy" and he said somethnig to the effect of "that's ok then, I thought someone had stashed weed in my attic".

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 4

@Hombre del Monte yeah I’ve heard that, I plan on getting some grommets so the tube can’t touch the plastic, and also not sticking the pump to the bottom, but suspend it is supposed to be better. Nothing in my groom is going to be louder than my 8 inch RVK though. I can slightly hear it through my bedroom ceiling at night. But next doors house is around 8 ft lower than mine and I’m semi detached so hopefully they can’t hear a thing with the insulation and their ceilings and loft being lower. 
lucky there man, bet you can grow some nice outdoor in Spain.
thanks for the tips and popping in, pull up a chair. Hopefully I’ll do it justice haha

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

I suspended mine and used rubber tube rather than the hard plastic that come with them. My RVK with hung from bungee ties. Even then if I put my ear to the walls in the house I could always here a hum.

I only grow pure sativas these days, anything else is too stinky and draws to much attention from the robbers come late September.

Pulling up a sun lounger.

• Like 2

large.168C1690-AC42-41EE-9B95-61FB2180CC90.jpeglarge.154891C6-BCB2-48B2-954B-BA1A5B04B7E2.jpeglarge.D922731C-F2DB-4DE9-B985-FEE430096701.jpeglarge.DD6B1EF0-53A0-454A-86BA-BD14B344B32B.jpeglarge.E9BD82C3-841E-4428-96E4-2294A20E7545.jpegSooooo… today the cuttings are 10 days from being taken. Some rooted quicker than others and I have 11 with roots a couple poking through and a couple that have definitely rooted but not shown yet (you can tell if they wilt with the dome and vents closed and you open or remove lid and they perk). I’ve also lost 1 so not looking like a bad success rate for a rusty bugger :bong:. Some have new growth and I’m expecting them to explode over the next week as I can see some new veg growth. 
I pre soaked my 3” RW cubes for 30-60 mins (didn’t bother with 24 hours as I’m not a PH slave lol) in a 0.6 EC solution of Advanced Nutrients 3 part PH perfect micro, grow and bloom at 0.5ml per litre, plus 0.5 ml per litre of voodoo juice for a bit of root stimulus. 

I have 2x litter trays with loads of holes drilled in and transplanted the cuts into the cubes. I’m going to leave the cuts in the trays which are around 1inch above the spreader mat and fit the green 205 perfectly and set the pump timer to come on for 5 mins at 0600 and 1800. In theory this should promote the roots to grow like FOOK, I’ll hand water the RW cubes for a couple of days using the already made nutes in the GT205 20l with the above 0.6 EC nute solution mixture levels.

The light had been turned up to 400w and will be under 24 hours until I see roots and though the cubes. They will have then be separated and transplanted into 4x gt 205 systems and fed constant (hopefully by Sunday) 

I was going to put them all into 1 205 and run the pumps 10 mins x 2, but it’d be a shame to overwater them. Slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that.

Quick question for all you NFT guys, my lumps are the aero ones with the little air pipe and screw valve on the end, now I know that one end of the pipe goes into the air outlet on the back, but is air supposed to come out?, do you leave in the tank or have it dangling out? TIA.

Happy bank holiday Monday everyone :oldtoker:

• Like 4

All looking good @greenfingers1987 , those roots look nice and strong, it's go full speed from here.

I had the air pipe dangling out the side, through the little hole provided.

Good luck.

Edited by Lister420
  • Like 1

Just now, Lister420 said:

I always thought it sucked air in. But I'm usually high.:bong:

I had it out anyway, but the instructions that come with the pump don’t mention it, also you need the pump on very low or the stream shoots about a third across the table. Time for some green fingers enhancements I think, I’ll look into making a more even flow from the top by using another piece of pipe they the delivery shoot goes into, as wide as the table with holes for a more even dispersal of nutes, the spreader mat does do the job quite well though.

thanks for the kind words, that cut is the best root wise but hopefully as you said, they’ll be smashing it ASAP. Hopefully those roots explode with the new nutes and root stim, as I never actually ph’d the formulex. Here’s hoping pal :smokin:

Thanks for looking in.

• Like 2

Nice tae see ye back man aye :yep:

I always found wi 4 in the gt205 that a couple would take off an the other 2 would always struggle but I ran multi strain from seed reckon it would be easier runnin clones the same strain

Aw the best wi em

• Like 3