Hola from The Mountains of Southern Spain.

Hombre del Monte

Would you remove as much stem as possible? Does it matter? Very interesting. S[o from what you are saying @highgrower you might end up with the weedcob version of a dark stout, or a pale ale :D I can see there being lots of experimental fun involved, in finding one's own favourite cob.

@growinggold dammit, we haven't got an airing cupboard, here :doh:lol 

• Like 3

Just now, Gaijin said:

Would you remove as much stem as possible? Does it matter? Very interesting. S[o from what you are saying @highgrower you might end up with the weedcob version of a dark stout, or a pale ale :D I can see there being lots of experimental fun involved, in finding one's own favourite cob.

@growinggold dammit, we haven't got an airing cupboard, here :doh:lol 

I dont think it matters if you remove stems or seeds - remember the old thai brick weed ?   pretty sure a similar thing happened to it during transport sometimes.

There must be other curing techniques we have lost to prohibition.

Yea i would think each cob would end up being unique - like a particular year from a vinyard with the plant and all the other variables being impossible to replicate each grow and cure.  But you would learn if you preffered a sweatted cob for 12hrs or 48hrs or somewhere in between plus ferment time you would find a rough window which works for what kind of smoke/munch you are looking for - obv its going to take some experimentation.

From my reading the cobs can be kept for years.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 8

@highgrower what your thoughts on making cob mixes? I mean as in adding things like Syrian Rue, mugwort, to the cob to add to the effect of the Cob? Its my understanding ancient shaymen used similar mixes in a hot box situation to have mystic journeys. Its stands to reason that burying herbs to make cobs is not a new idea. Maybe a full smoking blend could be cobed for long term storage and maybe as already in our past?

Edited by brock1
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, highgrower said:

Your post sent me down the rabbit hole -  have spent most of yesterday and this evening reading through a long thread on cobbing on an american site by a lady called SweetSue - only finished reading it a few hours ago.

I think i have already been bitten by the cobbing bug and ordered a vac machine plus rehydrating some sweettooth and a cheese hack which was chopped under a month ago - both aleady at over 85% and hopefully will have vac machine by tuesday so looking forward to my first cob sweat and learning the art.

Hi Highgrower, I've read Sweetsue's thread too and it is very informative, although the true master is a chap named Tangwena, both Sue and myself have learnt from him; I'm in contact with brother Tangwena most weeks; In fact I will be germinating some seeds he sent me at the next full moon. Most of last years harvest went into cobs; All of this years will!  

If your weed isn't completely dry it will work without problem. Weed that is almost dry will take a little longer to begin to ferment, that's all. That's all, isn't sticky true, as there are so many variables to play about with. 

This morning for my second breakfast I ate 1.2g of Malawi haze cob.

What do you guy use to (securely) resize your pictures so that you can upload them to a gallery? I have lots of pictures on my PC but don't know how to resize them.

• Like 2

@Hombre del Monte - yes from that thread Tangwena is the master at this and most kind of him to pass on his knowledge - a shame he isnt a member here as his insights and knowledge would be most welcome.

I see that both yourself and Tangwena are pure sativa fans and ace seeds seems to be top of the list - ever since I started growing I have been meaning on getting a haze or 100% sativa grow done - i have been eyeing up their Zamaldelica or the Killer A5 Haze Feminized but think i better get the jars nice and full before attempting one -  I did do a blueberry x manala a few years ago which produced some massive but airy buds.

There are loads of different image resizing programs out there - the standard paint program in windows will do an ok job.

gallery_40306_4554_75761.jpggallery_40306_4554_60185.jpggallery_40306_4554_21793.jpg

@brock1 i have read people add stuff like mint and other herbs to cobs to flavour them more - i was thinking you could mix different strains together and blend cobs like they do with whisky.

• Like 3

From my understanding you can other psychoactive compounds to the cob, although I've never done it: A lot of people add kiff i believe.

I've recently made a cob using some 2 day old Super Malawi Haze mixed 50:50 with some 2yr old Malawi, to see what happens ie whether the bacteria and enzymes that are alive in the 2 day dried weed are able to effect the old weed. 

Whether you clean your weed free of sticks etc. before you cob is a matter of choice. I personally clean mine.

This year both my wife and myself have taken to eating cob in a big way; Most days we eat it early in the morning and then just cruise around our business as usual. Different cobs have differing effects, as does the way the cure is done. Some cobs are very speedy whilst some are more trippy. This is only my 2nd year of working with cobs but as a weed smoker of over 45yrs I've rediscovered why I love it so much. Smoking cob is very nice but eating it is a whole new ball game and very different from eating regular edibles, much more akin to tripping. We used to micro dose acid a while back and it reminds me of the days when I slightly overdid the dose.

• Like 7

large.temporary_zpscbc95e77.jpg

16 minutes ago, highgrower said:

@Hombre del Monte - yes from that thread Tangwena is the master at this and most kind of him to pass on his knowledge - a shame he isnt a member here as his insights and knowledge would be most welcome.

I see that both yourself and Tangwena are pure sativa fans and ace seeds seems to be top of the list - ever since I started growing I have been meaning on getting a haze or 100% sativa grow done - i have been eyeing up their Zamaldelica or the Killer A5 Haze Feminized but think i better get the jars nice and full before attempting one -  I did do a blueberry x manala a few years ago which produced some massive but airy buds.

There are loads of different image resizing programs out there - the standard paint program in windows will do an ok job.

gallery_40306_4554_75761.jpggallery_40306_4554_60185.jpggallery_40306_4554_21793.jpg

@brock1 i have read people add stuff like mint and other herbs to cobs to flavour them more - i was thinking you could mix different strains together and blend cobs like they do with whisky.

I do love a sativa I have 2 versions or original haze here I need to grow but they need a special space in my grow room because their wild. Here is a sativa I used its sister on the SHD line I grow outside in the UK. 

• Like 4

large.rsz_img_1132.jpg

Super Malawi Haze Cob. I took 1.2g of this first thing this morning and I'm exceptionally high. My wife took 0.21g and is nicely high.

• Like 6

That looks lovely - sounds like you have set yourself up for a superb day.

I cannot wait to get started - vacuum bag machine should arrive tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hombre del Monte said:

I ate 1.2g

Surely that can't be normal lol I eat about 0.25g of normal decarbed weed, 0.5g destroys me.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, KC said:

Surely that can't be normal lol I eat about 0.25g of normal decarbed weed, 0.5g destroys me.

I smoke about 3g of strong Sativa a day but when I eat just 1g or so I'm high for 12 hrs. I think if i was to take just 1g of decarbed weed I'd be incapacitated rather than super high but still able to function. The effect is very different. Most of my friends use about 0.15-0.25g for a full 10 hr high. For me eating large doses of edibles gets me very stoned as opposed to very high.  Eating cob weed gets you very high.

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 5

Highgrower, If the weed your using is already fairly dry then don't expect to see any moisture collecting on the inside of your bag after the first 6-24hr sweat. You can with fairly dry weed go straight to a weeks ferment at 30-35c, air dry for several days and then seal it back up under vacuum and stash it somewhere warm to age. I generally let my outdoor grown weed hang for 2-5 days before I start the process and will do an initial sweat for anywhere between 6-24hrs. 

How do I go about tagging someone in a post

• Like 1

Whooo canna gods looking down on me - guess whats just been delivered?

Coffee spliff and time to roll a big fat cob - will do pics and start a new thread.

• Like 5

Just now, Hombre del Monte said:

Highgrower, If the weed your using is already fairly dry then don't expect to see any moisture collecting on the inside of your bag after the first 6-24hr sweat. You can with fairly dry weed go straight to a weeks ferment at 30-35c, air dry for several days and then seal it back up under vacuum and stash it somewhere warm to age. I generally let my outdoor grown weed hang for 2-5 days before I start the process and will do an initial sweat for anywhere between 6-24hrs. 

How do I go about tagging someone in a post

Great info thanks - i added some fan leaves to the dried out stuff so it has been rehydrating since saturday and at over 85% now - i plan to chuck in some drier popcorn i was planning on making some bho with but think bulking out a cob is better use of it.

To tag someone use @ then their username.

• Like 4