Hola from The Mountains of Southern Spain.

Hombre del Monte

Welcome and cheers for the cob cure info - i remember smoking turd looking weed in the past and was some of the strongest i have had - forgotten all about it until now and doing some googling on cob curing and spotted some pics which looked exactly like it - never knew you could munch it as well again something to try - smoking since a teen and still learning about getting more high.

Really curios to give this a try - can you use baking/parchment paper instead of cob husks? 

Have you ever done it with a more indica plant as most of the info out there is about curing sativas and was just wondering what the difference was?

Only just flipped to 12/12 so nothing wet to experiment with for a while but will start collecting the bits needed over the next month or two.

• Like 3

On 07/04/2022 at 2:19 PM, highgrower said:

Really curios to give this a try - can you use baking/parchment paper instead of cob husks? 

Yes you can. I Fact I don't use anything at all to wrap mine, they just go straight into the vacuum bags. Once I get my head around how to resize my pictures I'll post some of ones that I've been making over the last couple of years. I'm very tripped out on Super Malawi Haze cob today.

• Like 6

Your post sent me down the rabbit hole -  have spent most of yesterday and this evening reading through a long thread on cobbing on an american site by a lady called SweetSue - only finished reading it a few hours ago.

I think i have already been bitten by the cobbing bug and ordered a vac machine plus rehydrating some sweettooth and a cheese hack which was chopped under a month ago - both aleady at over 85% and hopefully will have vac machine by tuesday so looking forward to my first cob sweat and learning the art.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 6

Just now, growinggold said:

Wtf is this, never heard it.....

So it's way of curing weed for smoking n chewing? Is it easy?  

Yes its a way to cure - also makes it possible to munch a tiny bit like <0.5g to last all day by chewing it - I have not done it yet....

From my reading it is a fairly simple process my rough take away from it is:

All times and temps at each stage are variable and that is the art to it.

Get bud ready - dry for about 1.5-2 days - anything from 75-85% humidity - roll up into a tight log type shape made with about 1-2oz and seal in a vacuum bag.

Sweat at 40C for between 12-48 hrs - again time depends on many variables like how dry, strain etc.

After sweat - open bag - they should be touch dry but still moist and flexible on inside - if too wet then dry bag sweat more or leave to air dry.

If dry then go to fermentation stage - ie seal up again and put in 30C for a week or so.  Open and check all ok ie sweet smells and not ammonia.

Keep monitoring may be 3-4 weeks opening and checking each week open and reseal allowing it to dry a little bit each time - when you think ready then allow to dry as with normal bud - for long term storage can seal again in vac bag.

A lot of it is by personal judgement/experience with no real set recipe like making cheese or beer just loose framework to work with.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 7

@Gaijin. Exciting around these parts isn't it. Does sound good.

What I'm thinking it is so far is take your best herb stick in bit parchment/ greaseproof/ vac bag shove it in you airing cupboard till is turns brown red n is right old sticky messy n your mrs tells you to do one has you've stunk the whole gaff up. 

I ant got a fucking clue tbh.

• Like 5

@HighGrowNL@highgrower. Thanks for sharing mate that sounds like lot hard works monitoring each stage. How do you keep the temps at certain points do you have a little cupboard it summits..real art.

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 3

large.20181018_184903.jpg

23 minutes ago, Hombre del Monte said:

Yes you can. I Fact I don't use anything at all to wrap mine, they just go straight into the vacuum bags. Once I get my head around how to resize my pictures I'll post some of ones that I've been making over the last couple of years. I'm very tripped out on Super Malawi Haze cob today.

If you don't mind I will chuck this SHD cob in so people can see until you figure it out.

• Like 10

I think you could use a soux vid machine or crok pot - i plan on just wrapping up the vaccum bagged cob in a seed heat mat and towel for the sweat - just need to get it around the 40C mark for about 2 days i think - my raw material has already been dried and from what i read it may benefit from a longer sweat - just above my drobe sits at about 30C so for the fermentation thats where i plan to stick it but maybe just on a heat mat as thats about 30C as well.

• Like 4

Just now, brock1 said:

If you don't mind I will chuck this SHD cob in so people can see until you figure it out.

Drooling - that looks spectacular - do you smoke or munch it?

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 2

Just now, highgrower said:

Drooling - that looks spectacular.

Thank you it was very nice to smoke :smokin:

I used wet bud wrapped corn husk and tied it with string. Then just keeped tightening the string every 3-4 days if I remember lol. It was keeped I a large clipper bag I sucked the air out with a straw before sealing and putting near the boiler. 

Edited by brock1
  • Like 6

Just now, highgrower said:

Impressive results without a vacuum machine.

Have you tried to chew on a bit?

It was a few year back I made that. It had a nice herb taste when chowed or smoked from what I remember and give a nice racy high effect.

• Like 5