Brown bag curing?

brumbuds

Hang the plant whole for 14 days (ish) depending on environment. Destalk it and leave it for a couple of days in a tub or on a drying rack. Trim it, then jar it or I prefer vac packing myself. The brown bag would be before the jar stage. 

If humidity is high during drying it can take nearer a month. Last summer was a nightmare. 

• Like 3

Guest Micromole Hole

Hang up for 21 days , trim and cure for 6 weeks + and it will be powdered spongebob perfection buds to enjoy .

42 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

@Gaijin Cob weed is no joke, its like speedy acid, not for the faint of heart. 

Ahhhhh. Maybe my old worn heart might not be up to that anymore, then lol 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gaijin said:

I'll go have a read now :yep: 

That's really interesting! I don't know if anything like this has been documented on this forum before, but I'm sure it would interest a lot of people if you got a diary going and showed the site your process :yep:  Thanks for sharing, mate :)  

I bet I could get hold of some goat shit if I had to :D 

That's a good idea. I really need to get a few more posts up so that i can put pictures up as well, I'm guessing I'll need fifty,

• Like 2

@Gaijin It's definitely the kind of buzz that could convince you you're having a heart attack lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

@MindSoup  Ahhhh welllllllll lollol I had to give up other things for that very reason :D 

@Hombre del Monte Um, yes probably 50 posts before you can add photos. I can't remember, I'm sorry. You're almost 10% of the way there. Which doesn't help you at all and I'm not sure why I typed that. But yes, it would be good to see the process from start to finish

• Like 1

Just now, Gaijin said:

@MindSoup  Ahhhh welllllllll lollol I had to give up other things for that very reason :D 

@Hombre del Monte Um, yes probably 50 posts before you can add photos. I can't remember, I'm sorry. You're almost 10% of the way there. Which doesn't help you at all and I'm not sure why I typed that. But yes, it would be good to see the process from start to finish

The high is certainly different but everyone who's smoked or eaten mine prefers it to the regular cures.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brumbuds said:

Wow lol logged back in this morning not expecting to find this haha I’m so lost!

I have no interest in eating weed haha I just want to get a nice smoke I plucked a bud last night outside seems dry inside still wet if anyone has any advice on how to cure / finish dry using brown paper bags and when to put them in and for how long before they go into the buckets would be much appreciated 

I've used large brown bags in the past, when i used to do hydro.

After hanging my weed to be "snap" dry, rather than go straight into jars i would place it, still on sticks, into very large brown paper sacks and seal the end up; like 25 oz per sack. You could use les ad a smaller sack/bag. The paper lets it breathe whilst slowing down the drying that bit more. Leave for a week to homogenise at room temp. before jarring it and then continuing as normal with the burping and then curing.

A little extra step that helped to get a better cure with less chance of mould.

Although i highly recommend trying a Malawi cob cure on at least a small amount.

Cobbed weed smokes smother than regular dried weed and is cured far quicker than jarred. Cobbed weed will keep for many years whilst improving all the time.

I can take no credit for cobbed weed. Everything I've learnt is from my teacher, Tangwena; World renowned Cob Master.

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 10:30 PM, Hombre del Monte said:

I'm in Southern Spain...

Cool avatar  :hippy:   

• Like 2

On 04/04/2022 at 6:52 PM, Hombre del Monte said:

Malawi cob curring

I googled too. (Don't judge me.)

But, mind blown. I did not know about fermenting Cannabis as a method to cure it.

• Like 1

The imported weed in the 1990's, the compressed blocks used to be partial fermented like cobs. 

When first compressed the weed would 'sweat' and start curing.

This used to also happen for Mexican weed smuggled into usa. This is why people would say the weed was stronger/tripier back then.

I've had block weed in the 90's that was off the chart, now I know why, it was partly cobbed/fermented.

• Like 2

Mould is not a problem. As you say Lister420, some imported weed back in the 90's was fermented, although it was an accident rather than done on purpose. 

9 hours ago, mmmm...nice! said:

Cool avatar  :hippy:   

Thanks PsychoKiller, I saw them several times back in day; Although "saw them" is not strictly true, I remember one concert we were lying down and smoking a bong. Many many moons ago.

Edited by Hombre del Monte
  • Like 2