Peat free compost

Killuminati7

I reckon check out the little guy @MindSoup avoid the larger retailers they will all have the same stuff.

Start ur search close to home and work outwards mate i am lucky with a good independant garden store close.

Think the inlaw been going there over 40yrs and they have a really good rep think i been going there 15+ yrs.

12 hours ago, murphyblue said:

I reckon check out the little guy @MindSoup avoid the larger retailers they will all have the same stuff.

Start ur search close to home and work outwards mate i am lucky with a good independant garden store close.

Think the inlaw been going there over 40yrs and they have a really good rep think i been going there 15+ yrs.

I tried this as well, and got local made compost, and it was not good eiter lol, i think they let it get too hot, and did not trun it over much 

There's a good local peat free compost producer here in Yorkshire

It's really good stuff and highly regarded locally

Tommy topsoil

B&Q have compost called Hardys that's made from Loam or composted leaf mold. End of the Outdoor growing season I go around the local neighborhood collecting the leaf bags and make my own. Ot1 was the one that turned me on to making my own leaf mold. Peat free just meanz crap compost so you're better off making your own. 

• Like 4

MY homemade Leaf mold/ worm castings

large.FB_IMG_1714818461525.jpg.b5fa9051f

large.FB_IMG_1714818466835.jpg.78bdfa6cb

large.FB_IMG_1714818476119.jpg.def3c91fb

Mix with some old compost coco coir jobs done. Best and cheapest is homemade. 

large.FB_IMG_1714818515214.jpg.f18be1c4d

large.FB_IMG_1714818486685.jpg.73f72aaef

• Like 6

Home made is always the way forward, but it's not always possible unfortunately. Funnily enough I used a load of leaf mould to amend some soil at a GG plot yesterday, like you say it's brilliant stuff. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 30/04/2024 at 11:50, MindSoup said:

Thought I'd bump this in case anyone has found a banging pest free? 

Possibly!!

So far all signs are positive but it's not touched any weed plants yet ....

Rocket Grow multi purpose peat free!!

Dare I say it?  Its quite nice..

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 6

Nice geez, keep us posted if you use it for some ganja plants :hippy:.

• Like 1

@MindSoup I'll grab a bag when im back in work, got some cuttings that I can stick in it :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Just clocked that's it's made of anaerobic digestate, my BIL works on a farm that has an AD plant, I can literally have as much of that as I want, mumma soup uses it for mulch in her garden. BIL grows tomatoes in straight AD and it works great.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MindSoup said:

anaerobic digestate

Is that the waste product from the plants where they take the gas out for the grid?

• Like 1

Yes mate. I wouldn't say it's anything revolutionary as a fertiliser/soil improver, but it's does the job pretty well and it's a good thing to make use of. 

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Yes mate. I wouldn't say it's anything revolutionary as a fertiliser/soil improver, but it's does the job pretty well and it's a good thing to make use of. 

I saw a local pub/brewery giving away spent hops. They’re good mulch. It’s just having the space for it all, I’m a dreadful hoarder as it is 😜