Peat free compost

Killuminati7

@murphyblue as much as it pains me to admit it the best so far is miracle gro peat free mtp , seems to behave more like a traditional peat based media than most.

Still haven't got round to putting any plants in the Brontë heritage peat free but I'll get onto that over the coming weekend and update the thread I started ages ago :bag:

:yinyang:

• Like 3

@speedwell68 not yet but I've sold two pallets of these bags over the last month or so and have requested feedback from a few of our more competent customers.

Just waiting for our forklifter to snag a bag and I'll get in it and trial it :yep:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BilgePump said:

@speedwell68 not yet but I've sold two pallets of these bags over the last month or so and have requested feedback from a few of our more competent customers.

Just waiting for our forklifter to snag a bag and I'll get in it and trial it :yep:

I am hoping it is going to be decent stuff.  TBH I have been using the peat based one and Tomorite feed for a while now and it has been so easy.  I was tempted to try the new organic Tormorite feed too.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2022 at 3:41 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

Tbf, the chemical analysis often comes back pretty good tbh. Or at least it does at my place. Ph is always high but other than that I'd be more worried about the concentrations in the tap water of cloprylid. 

It's clean enough to be certified for organic use by the soil association and on organic farms(quite how I'm not sure given removing all plastic is impossible)  Dowding uses it on his allotment. 

I won't use it on mine but since making huge quantities of my own I've not had to use any anywhere even for big projects.

Thats not to say I wouldn't use it again if I didn't have access to tens of tons of homemade.

E2a. For ten quid a ton for jobs like this.....spot on large.20210608_131916_compress72.jpg

WHATS the name of that plant?Im sure theres one in our garden

I am not at all experienced at growing cannabis, but as a gardener I only use peat free. Peat bogs are a precious and threatened environment and the sooner we stop ripping them up the better, it's not sustainable. 

So fingers crossed for my grow... 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd bump this in case anyone has found a banging pest free? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/04/2024 at 11:50, MindSoup said:

pest free? 

and peat free too? lol

• Haha 3

Seems anything that you can buy a retail level is just trash, even litteraly sometimes, with what i have pulled out of some bags

• Like 3

Dam I would have thought someone would have cracked this peat free compost thing by now.

Looks like I will have to order another bag of BioBizz for the future, that will piss my mum off as it will be more space taken up in the living room lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah it's mad. It really isn't even that difficult or expensive. 

To be fair Dalefoot is banging, but if it's not been stored correctly it'll be full of fungus gnats and IME most garden centers don't store their compost properly. It's also one of the most expensive to order online at something like 17 quid for 30L 

If I had space I would be buying up as many 100L bales of peat as I could get my hands on. If I had even more space I'd be making my own compost. 

• Like 5

@Military Grade stack a few up stick a board on top and tell ur mam u made her a coffee table. lol

@MindSoup Vitax Q4 is a pretty decent compo if u got a half decent garden centre near you NOT peat free though.

I went to my local garden centre last weekend needed compo for the beds i made in the greenhouse.

I usually get it there got a loyalty card so cheaper lol anyways on offer at 2 for £10 so had 4 bags.

Think though will go back tomorrow and see what they got left and store it in me shed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, murphyblue said:

NOT peat free though

I would much rather use peat compost it's just a case of getting hold of it. I can still get it online, but I don't see it anywhere in my local area unless I go to a grown shop. 

• Like 1