The Big C

MindSoup

Good shout mate, kill 2 birds with one stone. Ingestion really opens up a new level of the medicinal attributes amd I really enjoy the buzz,. I think I'm going to start eating more of my extracts as apposed to smoking/dabbing them. 

• Like 2

On 22/06/2022 at 11:01 AM, MindSoup said:

@Cajafiesta Funnily enough I recently sent out a wee bit of RSO I made to a friend who has been diagnosed with throat cancer, from the sounds of things he would wholeheartedly agree with you on the power of the psychoactivity lol, luckily he's starting to build up a tolerance now.  Rick's a standout guy and he's done a lot for the medical community, I have a huge amount of admiration for him, especially as he does his best not to make any profit. I know a few people now who have cured their cancer with RSO, if I ever get diagnosed I won't hesitate to follow their footsteps. 

The dribbling , sweating , white knuckle death grip ....pensioner holding on for all hes worth on a rather uncomfortable ride ... would be me :yep:

Going from a few neat smokes a month to full on pushing yourself WAY WAY out your comfort zone is not pleasant in any way but its a means to an end and i need to do it as got no other options on the table.     

I recall my distant youth with buckets, bongs , hot knives ..... going all out to get smashed but i dont recall ever being do fucked up & ruined as i have been in the last few weeks ,  it is getting easier at times but still uncomfortable ,  they say practice makes perfect .... i hope so :)         

• Like 5

You're doing a grand job mate, especially as you are an occasional user. Keep it up and I'm sure it will be worth it. I think @Budelaires comment about a new batch resetting the tolerance quite dramatically is worth noting, it might be an idea to try and phase each new batch in gradually rather than finishing one entirely and and then starting the next, it might help ease the transition. 

• Like 3

I like how it’s totally uncoupled smoking with using cannabis.  Smoke once or twice a week, usually a tiny bong rip with the last of the bubble hash if I need immediate help lol

I’m fine eating it as my daily dose, in general its boring vs smoking it in a recreational sense, but it feels a bit barbaric setting it on fire now.  I’m glad life made me make RSO now as the health benefits and slowing down smoking, even if it is neat cannabis, is a win:win. 

Going to be weird once the jars are full out here, not sure how it will effect my long term consumption.

Think I will have to have RSO on hand at all times now.

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 5

@Budelaire   Smoking our fine product or rather not smoking it would not bother me as i smoke so little anyway and i fully appreciate any form of smoking cant be good for ones health :yep:

I would say the .... ritual of getting the tin out , selecting your flavour and constructing the perfect joint is ... more of a ritual,  its something i look forward to  , the whole process is enjoyable as sad as it sounds :)      Same as the growing,  i consume so little yet grow way more than i could ever use , hence the collection of jars.   

I love the challenge of trying to get the palnts from seed to weed & get them home safely in the best condition i can manage.

The consumption of the oils has certainly been a challenge , often uncomfortable but its need not greed.   

@MindSoup   Some days it feels like its overwhelming and others is not as bad but i got to keep pushing on :yep:     With some of the states i have been in im very cautious !   A friend dropped some RSO off and that seemed to be less .... mind melting ,   yours destroyed me lol   quite poss as i combined it with canna butter in other products but i do seem to be getting to grips with it.    I will be commencing an attempt at cooking a batch tomorrow ,  see how we go.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, OldFord said:

yours destroyed me

I wonder if that might he down to the fact it has about 10 different strains in it? Tbf the last crop of Old School Genetics stuff which was the main chunk of it was also particularly potent, its taken a good week or 2 to build my tolerance up enough to smoke a whole joint in one go. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 3:30 PM, OldFord said:

The dribbling , sweating , white knuckle death grip ....pensioner holding on for all hes worth on a rather uncomfortable ride ... would be me :yep:

I laughed out loud, friend.  

The tolerance will build pretty quickly, in my experience.  I spent a week eating dope when I had covid.  At the beginning of the week, 1G of semi-weak decarb'd flower, eaten, was ruining me.  By the end of the week, it was sort of manageable.  

You'll get there.  Just keep smashing as much of that shit into your body as you can possibly tolerate.  Maybe just be conscious of the potential for vomiting, as that wouldn't be ideal with your situation.  But as long as you're not puking, keep at it man. 

No comedy intended-  read up on sticking it up your ass, too.  They say anal doses are more viable for specific ailments, but I can't comment on that.  I do understand that, when taken anally, it has no psychoactive impact.  

Reading material for you, and all that, you know?

• Like 1

@ oldford    lol

and I was told to eat a 1/4 of a grain of white rice..:flex:

and I THOUGHT that two joints worth on a paper wouldn't be an issue.

I THOUGHT WRONG lol:wallbash:

Still got back on track after a few embarrassing conversations ...as I was warned...:idea: about "greening out"!

It took me 8 weeks to get up to a gram a day, taking it every four hours.

The entire way, each upping of the dose would make me FEEL IT at the two hour mark. No biggy though.... Id just sit down for a minute until the head rush passed. Upping my dosage to much was all..

Going up from 1gram a day to 4 grams a day. taking 1 gram  every 4 hours wasn't as hard as it was at the beginning.

I still eat 1000 to 3000 mg a day.... and change strains continually..

You can't know which one works unless you are being tested while taking this treatment, or can visually see whats going on..

Taking ones life into their own hands is the issue most people can't fathom.

Take a look at what's been done to the world over the last three years!

Not an easy choice.....

Edited by gb1
  • Like 3

I got up to eating a teaspoon in a bowl of porridge in full flow but Im a recreational user as well.

My mum can eat a surprising amount for an 80yr old with metastatic....she was not happy with it at first....but wouldn't be without it now.

I used to sub in CBD paste as well but I dont bother doing that even anymore.

Tolerance goes up really quickly ime  :yep:

Good luck to fellow warriors :yinyang:

• Like 4

Just now, zen-ken said:

I got up to eating a teaspoon in a bowl of porridge in full flow but Im a recreational user as well.

My mum can eat a surprising amount for an 80yr old with metastatic....she was not happy with it at first....but wouldn't be without it now.

I used to sub in CBD paste as well but I dont bother doing that even anymore.

Tolerance goes up really quickly ime  :yep:

Good luck to fellow warriors :yinyang:

Smart mum

it's different 

and you don't have many people to ask..and it can play on your mind

• Like 2