The Big C

MindSoup

Hello Chums 

My mum has a friend who recently had a cancer removed from her pancreas. After talking with the doctor she's decided against chemo as its not very effective against her form of cancer and she doesn't want to ruin what could be a large part of the time she has left. 

She used to smoke (and possibly even grow) weed back in the day, and me and mum where discussing the possibility of cannabis being helpful to her as a way of keeping the cancer at bay or at least slowing it down. She's going to bring it up next time they hang out and I'm pretty sure she'll be receptive to the idea.

So I'm looking for some rock solid information on the best way to go about making her some medicine and helping her dose it correctly, and maybe some peer reviewed studies that she can read for reassurance its actually going to work. I'm thinking rso or an infused oil perhaps 

It might not be an option, but she would much prefer to not get high. Is there a way to either slowly ramp up the dose so she hardly notices it or maybe even use non decarbed oil if thats even effective/possible. 

I imagine there's already a few threads about this so if people can post up links etc that would be handy.

@Graywolf I figured you'd be worth tagging in this, you have good knowledge on the medical extraction side of things. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

pretty foolproof to make and dosing wise Rick simpson suggests working up to a gram a day.  consuming 30 or 60 g total as a course cant remember which regards the total amount lol 

1ml syringes are used.   The 1st week would be a gram or two, the next 3 or 4 then, 7 g per week for instance as a rough guide depending on the persons experience with previous consumption.  thats the only thing that would dictate the on ramp speed.

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 7

Just now, MindSoup said:

but she would much prefer to not get high.

good luck with that. :george:

Im waking up stoned till sundown from yesterdays dose.  definitely a do not operate machinery scenery. lol

its borderline psychedelic with outdoor imputs from last year.  So if you drink to get drunk, then my my pepple you have been misisng out burning the stuff.  Im gutted its taken so long to find it.  

• Like 7

@Budelaire RSO was the first thing that came to mind, it's obviously the most common/tried and tested method. I wasn't sure if the dosing would be different for someone post op looking to keep the cancer away rather than using it as a full treatment? 

Also the whole not getting high thing, I guess if she really eased into it slowly she might be alright, she definitely used to love getting blazed, but that was a good 30 years ago now lol. Does the THC have to be decarbed to work? I was thinking some sort of fresh/raw/cold extraction method might have the same medical power with a lot less of the psychoactive effect. I gather CBD alone wont be enough. 

Just now, Budelaire said:

good luck with that. :george:

Im waking up stoned till sundown from yesterdays dose.  definitely a do not operate machinery scenery. lol

its borderline psychedelic with outdoor imputs from last year.  So if you drink to get drunk, then my my pepple you have been misisng out burning the stuff.  Im gutted its taken so long to find it.  

Was writing the reply before I saw this lol

• Like 1

my heads tingling now.  i have ened up just stirring it into my brew.  its in a old pickle jar and another batch in a ceramic dish.  its been a ride :yinyang: 

• Like 4

you can use raw juiced cannabis for plenty of health benefits but you need high thc amounts too..

I would be making an infused oil rub, a pure oil to swallow or stick up your arse, along with eating hemp/cannabis and smoking pure’s.. every cavity would be filled with canna and I would be laying there concentrating/visualising on the canna strangling the cancer.. listening to some dub :bong:

increasing the dose accordingly.. 

all the best dude 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Budelaire said:

my heads tingling now.  i have ened up just stirring it into my brew.  its in a old pickle jar and another batch in a ceramic dish.  its been a ride :yinyang: 

I can imagine mate, I hope its doing the job for you. 

@twigs I'm with you on that, if I was in the same boat i would be absolutely saturated with cannabinoids, even more so than I already am. 

I'll look into the raw smoothie idea, see how effective it is. I think she would probably be open to that one. 

• Like 1

So a bit of googling came up with this 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7337241/  (not sure if links are aloud in this instance, sorry if not)

So it appears they have tested thca and found it to be mostly ineffective against cancer, so as you have both suggested there's no avoiding her getting high. So I guess a very gradual ramping of the dose is best option. Even if she never gets all the way up to a gram a day, it should still go towards slowing it down I hope. 

• Like 1

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to make it all, with just a 2x2 and needing to supply my own medical needs that might be a bit ambitious. I think I need to reach out to a few mates that might have spare material. 

I remember watching a documentary about a group of people that collected surplus trim, produced RSO from it and gave it all away for free to those that needed it. Maybe I can track them down if they're still at it. 

• Like 1

Taking it as a suppository is supposed to avoid most of the high. I have not tried this myself nor do i know of anyone personally who has, but from what I read a couple of years back that was the general way around getting too high.

• Like 5

@MindSoup will the patient grow too? or give you space to help her?

the cannabis oil will help, you just need to keep it up, don’t stop

get a water distiller, chose your extraction liquid and crack on dude. 10% return i think it is (been a while) might be wrong :stoned:  

• Like 4

@Diddy thanks for the tip, I'll look into that. I remember Tommy Chong talking about using them when he had cancer. It seems odd it would make it less psychoactive, dunno if you've ever "boofed" a pill, the come up is HARD lol

• Like 2

Just now, twigs said:

@MindSoup will the patient grow too? or give you space to help her?

the cannabis oil will help, you just need to keep it up, don’t stop

get a water distiller, chose your extraction liquid and crack on dude. 10% return i think it is (been a while) might be wrong :stoned:  

We haven't gotten that far into the discussion yet, we're still deciding if she wants to try it, so I'm not sure if she'll be up for that or not, theres also the 3 month wait involved. I have a few mates that grow, and a mate who runs a grow shop, and another who's quite a big distributor, so might be able to get enough donated/bought to do the job. 

• Like 2