Ts 2000w marshydro

Grow lady

Can anyone help please I been offered a ts 2000w marshydro light is this good to flower with I need to say electric cost but don't want to waste money on rubbish again already got 4 leds that's not good enough help me

I think your issue is not your lights, it's you not understanding what you  need to do to get the best out of them. Get your room temp up to 25c to 30c at the canopy. LED lights don't warm the canopy up, which raises the leaf temperature to allow better photosynthesis. If you want to spend money get an infra red thermometer that you can point at the leaves and see what surface temperature they are, 28c would be good.... let that be your reference point. About 20-30 pounds UK. Your Lumatek is a good light, so I know it's not down to that.

Focus on root and leaf temps and get them right.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 4

Guest anarchycamp

It's a 300w light, so you want to light a smaller space with it, say an 80cm2 tent. Not your 2.4 tent!

35 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

I think your issue is not your lights, it's you not understanding what you  need to do to get the best out of them. Get your room temp up to 25c to 30c at the canopy. LED lights don't warm the canopy up, which raises the leaf temperature to allow better photosynthesis. If you want to spend money get an infra red thermometer that you can point at the leaves and see what surface temperature they are, 28c would be good.... let that be your reference point. About 20-30 pounds UK. Your Lumatek is a good light, so I know it's not down to that.

35 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

@Catweasel I use my maxibright to veg your right I don't know what leds to use to flower cos I have lots different led lights but all rubbish I do 4 plants then 5 week later do 4 more to production line them so will the marshydro be good enough to flower till I can afford the maxibright or similar I need to cut costs but dont want rubbish again 

I have all proper stuff fans filters temperature control heater all setup and working just the lights I need help to understand im using a 400w hps on 4 now 

Edited by Grow lady
Additional information

@Grow lady you can get good buds off pretty much any light if you know what you're doing. I've seen some incredible grows using household LED fixtures. As an a example this wee auto was grown under 40 watts of cheap ebay "LED tube lights" that cost me about 20 quid or so. I am by no means an expert grower or even what I would call a good one and I barely put any effort in as it was just a side project, I'm sure someone else more skilled/committed could have gotten twice as much off her as I did. 

large.PXL_20220321_144705027_compress34.jpglarge.PXL_20220321_144721290_compress95.jpglarge.PXL_20220321_144826121_1_compress26.jpglarge.PXL_20220326_130412790_compress96.jpg

So yes the mars will be suitable for flowering, but you have to manage your expectations, you should at least get around 1g of dried cured bud per watt if you're not a complete fuck up, closer to 2-2.5 if you're a real wizard, so you can use that as a sort of guide as to what the light can produce. 

As others have said I doubt your lights are the only cause of your issues, I've never grown with HIDs, but I gather the transition over to LED can be really tricky, maybe you need to adjust your technique.

One thing worth mentioning on the money saving thing, even now a lot of the lower-mid range LEDs aren't actually much more energy efficient than a 600watt HPS, pair that with the added cost of heating that comes with LED and you might actually save money using HIDs. If you where happy with them in the past maybe switch back

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

It's a 300w light, so you want to light a smaller space with it, say an 80cm2 tent. Not your 2.4 tent!

@ dont understand leds I have 5 lots already but none seam good even to veg rubbish 

Just now, MindSoup said:

@Grow lady you can get good buds off pretty much any light if you know what you're doing. I've seen some incredible grows using household LED fixtures. As an a example this wee auto was grown under 40 watts of cheap ebay "LED tube lights" that cost me about 20 quid or so. I am by no means an expert grower or even what I would call a good one and I barely out any effort in as it was just a side project, I'm sure someone else more skilled/committed could have gotten twice as much off her as I did. 

large.PXL_20220321_144705027_compress34.jpglarge.PXL_20220321_144721290_compress95.jpglarge.PXL_20220321_144826121_1_compress26.jpglarge.PXL_20220326_130412790_compress96.jpg

So yes the mars will be suitable for flowering, but you have to manage your expectations, you should at least get around 1g of dried cured bud per watt if you're not a complete fuck up, closer to 2-2.5 if you're a real wizard, so you can use that as a sort of guide as to what the light can produce. 

As others have said I doubt your lights are the only cause of your issues, I've never grown with HIDs, but I gather the transition over to LED can be really tricky, maybe you need to adjust tour technique.

One thing worth mentioning on the money saving thing, even now a lot of the lowerhmid range LEDs aren't actually much more energy efficient than a 600watt HPS, pair that with the added cost of heating that comes with LED and you might actually save money using HIDs

I know I have maxibright daylight 200w but didn't think that be good to flower 

Guest anarchycamp

@Grow lady Your Maxibright is the best light by a country mile. That will flower a decent 60cm tent(but dont quote me on that!)

The main problem I'd have with Mars is trying to get in touch and get replacement parts/repairs.. 

Save up the dosh and ask the ledgrowlights guys to sort you out. The price includes UK customer service generally a private message away or a thread here. Made in Britain!

Or like me stick with hps:naughty:

Edited by anarchycamp
Spelling

@Grow lady 

What problems have you been experiencing since you swapped to LED? 

Have you thought about doing a diary with pictures so people can see whats happening and offer you real time advice? Plenty of people smashing their first grow out of the park by doing exactly that on here, so someone experienced like yourself should only need a few well placed pointers to get back on track. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

The daylight maxi I agree is the best one you have so far. You would need many Mars lights to cover your area. I’d look a lumatek or HLG or even Par plus if available.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grow lady said:

I know I have maxibright daylight 200w but didn't think that be good to flower 

My seedlings was really slow when I tried to use the wakyme 600w led and the other are to big to veg but seamed to cost same has hps so I gone bk to hps for.now till xan afford a decent light don't want to waste anymore money got lights everywhere lol

I think your biggest problem is that you don't really understand the naming with regards to LED's, Mars Hydro don't make a 2000W fixture, no one does a light that powerful to my knowledge, the same with your wakyme 600W, if your reading peoples comments about getting a gram per watt and then thinking you should be getting the same with your lights I have a feeling your going to be mightily disappointed

I just checked your Wakyme light which took me a whole of 30 secs and its a 110w blurple light that's $50 on Amazon, its no wonder your having problems.  The cheapest you will find a 600W+ LED is around the £500 mark, as others have said your maxibright light is by far the best from the lights you have if your others are as bad as the Wakyme lights

I am sorry if I come across as an arsehole for saying this but someone needs to, I like others, spent 3+ months reading diaries, other people's post on grow room design and that was before it got a lot more complicated with the introduction of LED's before I even stuck a seed in soil, there is a wealth of information on this site if you take the time to read it, you have been told by others on another post about your lights and the fact your maxibright is by far the best and yet you create another post saying you don't think its good enough, if as someone else has said in this post, your using a 2.4m tent your using way way to little light, if its a 2.4 by 1.2 and your trying to flower 8 plants at a time you need at least 2 x 450W LED's ideally you want 2 x 600+W LED's, if your looking to save money you need to look at lowering your expectations.  I have no problem helping and offering advice to people but all of the information on say the MARS light is readily available on multiple sources, its says on the official website that its suitable for flowering a 3x3 area

• Like 3