Does not compute - pc grow

v12xjs

Thanks for checking in @Military Grade

Grow seems to be ticking along ok.
This plant is a bit leggier that I'd like but it's here now, so let's see if I can get a bit of sugar off it.

There's some burning of the tops but other than that she's in really good shape, no signs of stress at all. I might just tone down the power and see if she can touch the light without getting injured though.

Food is stable at 4ml each of Canna coco A & B with a couple of pellets of lime at every feed. 
That's double what I used under ceramic lights though.
I think she could take more but she's growing more than enough already!

Temps are 70f low and 80f high over 24 hours, measured just below the canopy so should be fine.
RH is low for what I believe is needed to get the best out of the LED's, but mold is a risk with so much foliage in such a small space so it's staying at 40 - 45% for now.

I love how the plant helps with that though.
Just look through all the pics and see how much I bend her, yet none of the leaves are touching each other no matter how much I compress her.
There's no way I could arrange that myself.

large.R1110560.jpg

large.R1110549.jpg

large.R1110561.jpg

large.R1110566.jpg

• Like 6

Looking  good mate. If the light burn gets worse you could also try running 11/13, from what I understand canna can take quite a lot of intensity as long as the DLI doesn't get too crazy. 

• Like 1

Amazing what can be achieved in a small space. As a pc gamer and builder I’m keen to give one of these a go in future. 

bravo buddy great to see it all coming along nicely 

• Like 3

Welcome @Cakeyb and thanks for the kind words.
I've been building pc's for decades and they always seemed like a natural choice for a grow cab to me. There's a whole world of cooling products for them with thermostats and everything, and now of course there's even a LED panel built for the job :)
Be rude not to have a crack if you have a spare case! Stick to indica's though ;)

Hey @MindSoup I love that idea! Sounds like a really cunning plan ;)
Your girls have no chance with you in charge.

I think at the moment it's all contact burns I'm seeing though, so maybe I just need to be a little more vigilant with the LST. 
It's time I redid that anyway. There's not much going on right under the light, it's all happening around the periphery so I'd like to optimise that a bit more.
I think she finally stopped growing today as well thank goodness, so now is a good time to get in and do some tweaking ready for the finish.

I do also want to try and find the boundaries of the new light while I'm here.

I'm planning on a 3 plant perpetual as soon as this one's done, so with 3 plants on the go, the more I know the better.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome @Ccs141, many thanks for your kind feedback.

Greets again @Cakeyb

The case is 18 x 20 x 8 inches and the LED I'm using is a HortiONE 368 with associated dimmer unit.

Should you be considering something similar, I do have another diary I posted a few years back that will provide additional info. That one is geared towards a perpetual grow that produces an oz every 3 weeks, and I did cover a few things off in that thread that I've kind of skipped in this thread. Pots and clones are discussed in detail amongst other things.

It's all here ready for a binge read:

• Like 4

I reme that diary, I was trying to find/remember it a while back. Definitely giving that another read. 

• Like 1

@v12xjs I don't think I was actually active on the boards at the time, but I found it when look for micro grow inspiration in 2020. Mind you I've been a member here on and off as far back as the late 00s (mid-late teens) under various accounts.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Quick update then.

Think it's 4 weeks from the switch, so about 4 - 5 weeks left.
Looks like the plant has finally come round to my way of thinking and she's just getting on with fattening up now.
The signs are good and when I take her out of the case she smells divine. A real fruitiness to her that I can't wait to taste.
She's still a picture of health too.

I did have one issue early in the week with one bud growing overnight. It was way close when the lights went on and I only picked it up when I watered a couple of hours after that, so it's become bleached.
I have had this once before and the buds formed perectly, just with no green in them.
I've got the cola back in the potected zone so hopefully it will still do what I need.

I'm really happy with the light.
You can see odd red spots on leaves that probably show I'm using it too close. It seems to be tuned for a canopy 40cm below but the penetration is supreme and even stuff well below the canopy is very healthy indeed.

large.R1110594.jpg

large.R1110595.jpg

large.R1110599.jpg

large.R1110592.jpg

• Like 4

So the Seriosa strain is indeed pretty smelly, with a really fruity note. She smells divine.
Breeder blurb also says that about 50% show colouring at the end of flower, but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt simply because they don't have any pictures of the coloured buds in any of the promo material.
They also suggest a max of 8 weeks for flowering and I'm starting week 6 now, so 3 weeks left which should be manageable.

I probably need to get into the top and do some defoliation too. I don't generally remove healthy foliage but I do want to get a bit more light penetration below that canopy now to max those buds.

Surprisingly the pollen filter has done a great job for me so far but I do need to swap it out for a can filter for the final stretch. Have some family staying over for a few days next week and can't take any risks.
I'd think it would cover a full grow with something less pungent.

One thing that's surprised me this week is the growth of the bleached bud. It's probably twice as wide as every other cola. You can see it best in the canopy shot below, over to the right.
Not sure what's happening there but I might just try to nip the very top off one of the other buds to see if I can reproduce the effect that way. 
Might be a bit late to see any difference at this stage but we'll see.

Here's some pics from yesterday.

large.R1110611.jpg

large.R1110613.jpg

large.R1110618.jpg

large.R1110619.jpg

• Like 3