Dr Forest Dry Amendments

indicaxsativa

I use coco coir and rice hulls as the base for My organic soil mix.

Used Their CalMag to buffer the coco coir.

To this I added the following into the mix at the rate of 50% of the maximum per liter of soil.

Frass 3-1-1

Veg 4-4-4

2 kg of Barley Malt

Every 2 weeks I top dressed with a similar amount bar the Barley Malt.

Then a fortnight before flipping to 12/12 I mixed the following

Frass 3-1-1

Veg 4-4-4

Bloom 2-4-8

Rock Phosphate to get a slight boost.

Cal Mag powder.

Done as a 33% of each mix but 50% of the recommended maximum.

Edited by indicaxsativa
omitted malt

I've not tried them out but they do seem to make some good products, I dare say heavily influenced by Coot and possibly OT1. Of course you could probably source your own raw ingredients and save a bit of money but for convenience sake they look pretty handy.  Good to know you're getting on well with them. 

• Like 1

@MindSoup

I will probably try Greenhand once I've used up what I have.

Will do a price comparison based on weight/postage and decide which way to go.

Yeah there's a few companies out there all with very similar sorts of products, I've still got a bit of life cycle left, but when its used up I'll try something different, possible elixir complete soil improver as recommended by @blackpoolbouncer

• Like 2

Guest Micromole Hole
Just now, MindSoup said:

Yeah there's a few companies out there all with very similar sorts of products, I've still got a bit of life cycle left, but when its used up I'll try something different, possible elixir complete soil improver as recommended by @blackpoolbouncer

Is there a top dress dry powdered product for coco on the market? Just add water type of thing? 

@Micromole Hole OP is apparently using coco and I've seen mr cannuck on YT use dry ferts with coco and get some brilliant results so it definitely works, I have to say it's a little bit unconventional though. Coco doesn't bring a lot to the table nutrients wise and doesn't buffer PH like compost/potting mix so most people wanting to do just add water grows don't tend to use it. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Yeah I rate Mr Cannuck tbf, I know YT growers get a lot of hate which I understand, there's a fair bit of shameless product placement etc, but he seems to be a pretty straight shooter, no nonsense kind of guy and his results speak for themselves. 

• Like 1

@Micromole Hole Yes. There are few. 

1. BioTabs only water (used with Ecothrive Coco/Perlite 79/30) - amazing growth with tropf Blumat dripping watering system.

2. dr organics living soil ( just google it) got 4-3-4 all purpose for grow and 2-8-10 for bloom. Mr Canuck's feeding schedule can be used as guide.

3. Living Soil fertiliser  ( just Google it) has similar products with full schedule for Coco autos an photos

4. Green House Bio feeding 

5. Gaia Green BUT only to buy in bulk. 

Edited by Canna Denfour20

@indicaxsativa a lot of it you can make your own & their not to complicated to make but that's if you want to make them though... Some of their stuff is however a little harder to make or source.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

I've not tried them out but they do seem to make some good products, I dare say heavily influenced by Coot and possibly OT1. Of course you could probably source your own raw ingredients and save a bit of money but for convenience sake they look pretty handy.  Good to know you're getting on well with them. 

The owner seems to be sound. We messaged a couple of times. I got some fulvic acid powder off him and he sent me all he had left because he can't stand the smell, and I said I liked it! :D It's strong stuff. That's one of the chemicals humic products breaks down into.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

@Funk P  

Its the quantities I'd have to buy the individual ingredients in that I suspect could make it a big outlay at first.

I suspect I will try Greenhand next.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canna Denfour20 said:

@Micromole Hole Yes. There are few. 

1. BioTabs only water (used with Ecothrive Coco/Perlite 79/30) - amazing growth with tropf Blumat dripping watering system.

2. dr organics living soil ( just google it) got 4-3-4 all purpose for grow and 2-8-10 for bloom. Mr Canuck's feeding schedule can be used as guide.

3. Living Soil fertiliser  ( just Google it) has similar products with full schedule for Coco autos an photos

4. Green House Bio feeding 

5. Gaia Green BUT only to buy in bulk. 

Ok mate you in uk or usa wondering were you get gia green really fancy a go with that cant seem to find in uk cheers