"electronic" music in the UK- Dubstep etc Why?

Cajafiesta

2 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

I’m so annoyed at the youth of today covid lockdowns all just rolled over and complied what an opportunity to stick two fingers up to the establishment.

That wasn't how things happened round my way lol. There was quite a lot of local parties during the lockdowns, I didn't go to any of them myself but I was getting the lines. A few did get shut down before they started, but that was happening long before COVID. I think the biggest problem now is social media, people putting up videos while the parties still going etc, but I guess that issue spans across society as as a whole. 

I cut my teeth on British hard house around the mid 90's up until 2000. Fuelled by ecstacy of course.

I love to listen to a wide variety of music, from classical to metal, but my #1 soft spot is for German/Belgium/Spanish New Beat from 88'ish till '94'ish.

German acid is a close second.

That said, Tony De Vit will always be my favourite DJ of all time, I can't get enough of his mixes. He had no style....it was Tony De Vit style.

Music will alwas be highly subjective. Right now I'm gonna stick on a bit of Joni Mitchell.....:v:

ETA.....I hate the music from the American Detroit et al techno scene. Each to their own.....

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

That wasn't how things happened round my way lol. There was quite a lot of local parties during the lockdowns, I didn't go to any of them myself but I was getting the lines. A few did get shut down before they started, but that was happening long before COVID. I think the biggest problem now is social media, people putting up videos while the parties still going etc, but I guess that issue spans across society as as a whole. 

I was thinking big! Castlemorton type party wanted to give them a kick in the nuts and a slap round the back of the head and tell them to wake up and get it done! I’m dreaming I know but they did disappoint lol 

There was one big one down SW/wales way, think it got on the telly, some old dear was making tea for everyone in the morning lol. Not 100% if that was during lockdown though TBF. 

1 hour ago, Hole in the clouds said:

I was thinking big! Castlemorton type party 

That made me laugh mate...

I went to a couple of days of the Castlemorton do,by total accident!!!

I was living in Pershore at the time(about maybe 10 miles away) and we used to go swimming at 'the blue lagoon' in malvern.

We never got to the swimming lol

• Like 1