Help me choose please

Chongmabong

On 08/03/2022 at 1:03 AM, zen-ken said:

Do you run closed loop

tried closing the lung loop but had issues with damp in the room

On 08/03/2022 at 1:03 AM, zen-ken said:

Ecotechnics Unis and a fuck off great bottle of CO2

I have one of these set-ups. I found that the co2 levels would rise and fall too quick, I prolly wasn't doing it right, and I had the damp issue after, I found that I had high build-up of co2 in the flat anyway, so I just made sure that I had a good flow of air (passive) input, measuring the canopy levels, mines at 900ppm+

at the moment ive been having issues with calcium, but im nearly on top of that, and when that is sorted, everything will be on point, where I imagine the higher co2 levels may well make a difference...

mystic

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

the higher co2 levels may well make a difference...

The higher CO2 will make a difference....believe me  :yep:

• Like 1

On 08/03/2022 at 7:41 AM, sweettooth said:

my tent is sealed up tighter than a nuns vag. I use a ram co2 controller and a large bottle of co2.

i also bought a ram co2 controller, did you notice the part you put in the tent to read co2 level lights up in the dark! its a green light but i was shocked to see how bright it was. took mine down for time being gonna put it on timer when i set it back up, thought it was worth a mention.

1 hour ago, qualitynotquantity said:

i also bought a ram co2 controller, did you notice the part you put in the tent to read co2 level lights up in the dark! its a green light but i was shocked to see how bright it was. took mine down for time being gonna put it on timer when i set it back up, thought it was worth a mention.

You don't want the CO2 on at lights out.....Photosynthesis requires 'light energy'   

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

Just now, zen-ken said:

You don't want the CO2 on at lights out 

yup, but the ram senses when theres no light so its advised you dont need a timer, but i dont want a feking bright beaming light either lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, qualitynotquantity said:

yeah, wasn't bothered and hasn't made any affect. also have the red led of my inkbird... again... doesnt have an effect, its dark enough. How do plants sleep under a full moon? as long as there isn't a bulb shining somewhere you'll be fine, it needs that sensor.

• Like 1

Just now, sweettooth said:

How do plants sleep under a full moon?

my poly tunnel is directly under an led street lamp, has no effect on anything in there

• Like 1

Guest anarchycamp

It's a green light,pretty sure you can have them in tents fine. You don't really want any other lights in there but it is what it is. 

My tent leaks like the stars, never had an issue but others do. I'd say there it's another problem..

23 hours ago, zen-ken said:

higher CO2 will make a difference

21 hours ago, qualitynotquantity said:

bought a ram co2 controller

On 07/04/2022 at 10:41 AM, mysticriver said:

I have one of these setups

Hey folks :) 

Just added an air-con unit to keep temps down and lower the speed of the extractor fan.

I do not have any immediate intention of adding CO2 - but one day would be nice to see 1st hand the difference in growth.

In a closed loop room an air con unit / dehumidifier are essential - the air con unit outputs lots of hot air when running, which would also pump out all that CO2.

Question is -

Without using a water cooled AC unit how do you keep the temps down and all the CO2 in the room?

:yinyang:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, QQ710 said:

Just added an air-con unit to keep temps down

hi mate

what sort of air con have you gone for?

ive been thinking about getting some sort of air con for the lung, as its where I dry, its hotter than id like for drying, not much is required just a couple °, if that

10 minutes ago, QQ710 said:

the air con unit outputs lots of hot air when running,

this would of course be counter-productive. I guess we're talking mucho £ for the top tech...?

(unless I have it outside the room)

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
out

41 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

what sort of air con have you gone for?

Hi mate :)

It's a a FRAL SC14 freestanding unit, got free from work.

Thought it'd be a cheap way to get temps down but since having to add an inline filter @£145 and an inline EC fan @another£145! it's worked out damn expensive!

(Needed to add the fan to help push the hot exhaust air through the filter and out the ducting!)

It's working out great now its set up - temps/RH have been steady, (just checked 24.8'C - 62%RH :thumsup:) - and extractor fan has only been running at no more than 50%, no noise at all.

BUT - the air con unit removes lots of hot exhaust air which would be no good at all in a sealed room.

I guess you're right Mystic - mucho£ for the top tech stuff - those pricey water cooled AC units are ideal but are very wasteful indeed!

:yinyang:

• Like 1