Help me choose please

Chongmabong

Hi everyone hope you all good,I'm new to this led malarkey not new to growing. I would like some advice on some led lights that I have been looking at. Its a total mind field for someone like myself im old skool & use 400w &600w mh & 600 hps. My setup is hydrolab 1.2x1.2x2.4 high, 6inch extraction 8inch carbon filter with passive intake. Temps usually 65_70 lights out 75-80 lights on. Medium is coco with PM nutrients & hand water.

Hlg blackbird 

Hlg 600v2 Rspec

Lumatek zeus 600w pro 

Skysaber 720w PRO MK2 

Adjust-A- wings 700W HELLION VS3 LED

Mars hydro FC6500

Spider Farmer SE5000

Any other suggestions very welcome as like I said I don't really have a scooby doo about them whether I need IR n the lights or not I don't know my head kind of busted looking at them tbh lol so any help would be appreciated greatly as this is a long term investment thanks.

Edited by Chongmabong
Links removed
  • Like 1

Just now, Owderb said:

We have our own sponsors for LED's mate at the top of the page

Owd

Ah ok sorry I will just put the light up then thanks.

Your extraction is likely to be oversized now due to the lack of IR in the LED's 

I would check your HVAC requirements first before lashing out nearly a grand on a fixture (ie minimum run speed on the CF)

:yep:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

Your extraction is likely to be oversized now due to the lack of IR in the LED's 

I would check your HVAC requirements first before lashing out nearly a grand on a fixture (ie minimum run speed on the CF)

:yep:

I will do that at some point i have 4inch ram twin speed & 4inch rvk somewhere as well that should do the job I really want to know what light would be best for my space the tent in a warm room so temps should be OK once I play about a bit with it. Thanks for input.

• Like 1

It's a 4'x4' tent right? If so, then 500w is more than enough. I have a 4x4 too and I run a 450w QB style LED and I find it's actually too powerful sometimes.

Edited by OneMorePuff
  • Like 3

I don't think anywhere stocks the Blackbird, I can't see the point of it anyway, by the time you pay import you could have got a scorpion diablo which is much better (or a 650r). The 600r is nice but a bit dated now in terms of diode efficiency. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KC said:

I don't think anywhere stocks the Blackbird, I can't see the point of it anyway, by the time you pay import you could have got a scorpion diablo which is much better (or a 650r). The 600r is nice but a bit dated now in terms of diode efficiency. 

I can get it in uk just can't put it up  ah this is why I'm her you say diode efficency this is what I don't know about thanks appreciated 

Edited by Chongmabong
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, OneMorePuff said:

It's a 4'x4' tent right? If so, then 500w is more than enough. I have a 4x4 too and I run a 450w QB style LED and I find it's actually too powerful sometimes.

Thanks appreciated 

I just got a lumatex 460 and a lumatex 600 seem quality lights just theres not a lot of light spread past the edge of the light i would get a light that nearly fills your space i new to leds but the diffrence so far is night and day with temps and growth hope this helps seems top diodes are samsung and osram but they be people than know more than me plus i think leds wiĺll work better with manifolding and open canopys thats just my observation so far with penetration

• Like 1

Just now, Baron von greenback said:

I just got a lumatex 460 and a lumatex 600 seem quality lights just theres not a lot of light spread past the edge of the light i would get a light that nearly fills your space i new to leds but the diffrence so far is night and day with temps and growth hope this helps seems top diodes are samsung and osram but they be people than know more than me plus i think leds wiĺll work better with manifolding and open canopys thats just my observation so far with penetration

I like the lumatek im just torn between 450w or 600w im in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.4 the 600w would just fit but from what I have read one person uses the 600w in same space at 75% and gets great results and i was advised yesterday to get 600w on here  it makes sense thanks for input appreciated 

There's quite a difference in spec and price between those lights, it's a unfair comparison. Plus there's loads more options out there. Best bet is to pick a budget and go from there.

Took me weeks to pick one, I then changed my mind and spent 300 quid more than I'd planned :ermm:

• Like 2

Just now, Chongmabong said:

I like the lumatek im just torn between 450w or 600w im in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.4 the 600w would just fit but from what I have read one person uses the 600w in same space at 75% and gets great results and i was advised yesterday to get 600w on here  it makes sense thanks for input appreciated 

There does seem much diffrence between them i got them at same height 100% seems its just size but its only been up a couple of days 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baron von greenback said:

There does seem much diffrence between them i got them at same height 100% seems its just size but its only been up a couple of days 

I hope your happy with them.

3 hours ago, KC said:

There's quite a difference in spec and price between those lights, it's a unfair comparison. Plus there's loads more options out there. Best bet is to pick a budget and go from there.

Took me weeks to pick one, I then changed my mind and spent 300 quid more than I'd planned :ermm:

lol which light did you get?  Thats why I'm asking about the different lights tbh I don't know anything about them but I am buying for long term so a good quality light is essential.

• Like 1