Help me choose please

Chongmabong

I’m in the same sort of boat where it comes to size of LEDs, i have a space of 2.8m x 3m so was going to fit 4 fixtures in there but what 4? I’m now swaying to the 600w lumatek pros. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sweettooth said:

unless your using co2

do you know the natural co2 build-up in the house? do what I did and get that to your canopy.

mines at ~900PPM

mystic

On 05/03/2022 at 0:29 PM, fatboy77 said:

You can definitely use the full 600w.

once everything else is on point, I too would love to rock 600's in my 1.2 x 2.4...

mystic

54 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

do you know the natural co2 build-up in the house? do what I did and get that to your canopy.

mines at ~900PPM

What with bodies, pets and household appliances I've got no worries on co2 levels. 

I can happily keep all the windows shut for days at a time and the plants couldn't give a fuck. 

On the flip side, it'd be interesting to know what the O2 levels are in our houses.  When you've got a few areas going it must be higher than average, unless it all cancels out somewhat with the leccy use. 

@mysticriver I bought a co2 meter and left in various rooms, sat at 400ppm most days, only went upto 1200 when I was cooking. 

fyi. the only reason I use it and said many times before is its cheaper to supplement co2 rather than always use a heater and constantly extracting as I'm a loft and it's cold. come the warmer months I'll be ditching the co2 as I'll be able to temps up while extracting

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

@mysticriver I bought a co2 meter and left in various rooms, sat at 400ppm most days, only went upto 1200 when I was cooking. 

fyi. the only reason I use it and said many times before is its cheaper to supplement co2 rather than always use a heater and constantly extracting as I'm a loft and it's cold. come the warmer months I'll be ditching the co2 as I'll be able to temps up while extracting

Ok sweettooth can explain over co2 controling heat i dont understand it at all  thanks mate well co2 in general 

2 hours ago, sweettooth said:

Do you run closed loop for winter or just really lower the extraction and pump the CO2 in ?

Im thinking of doing the later myself tbh with an Ecotechnics Unis and a fuck off great bottle of CO2 :yep:

especially if your saying it cheaper than running the heater - its a no brainer as long as the CF minimum run speed is hit 

@BaronVonGreenBack

Co2 doesn't control heat. my loft is about 2 degrees atm. if I turn my extraction down to keep the heat in, my co2 levels drop and growth sloes or even stops. I could keep my temps up by constantly running a heater but I'd have to have at least a 2.5kw heater on 25 hours a day, that's expensive.

@zen-ken yes, my tent is sealed up tighter than a nuns vag. I use a ram co2 controller and a large bottle of co2. bottle refills cost £30 a time and last generally 2 weeks, need a krge dehumidifier to keep vpd levels correct as RH goes sky high in a sealed area. leds keep the taps down I couldn't do it with HPS, would defo need aircon but that's another expense.

my temps sit between 28 and 29 and RH between 62 and 66. my co2 ppm is currently set at 900 but I will start ramping it up as flower continues upto 1500ppm, also helps me get the most out of the 1000w led although I'll only go 700. This is the 3rd grow using this method and I think I've found the sweet spot, mainly from changing my cal:mag ratio with Epson salts, they've never looked better  once I setup my auto feed system amd run multiple fertigations a day, they is gonna go mental.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

@zen-ken yes, my tent is sealed up tighter than a nuns vag. I use a ram co2 controller and a large bottle of co2. bottle refills cost £30 a time and last generally 2 weeks, need a krge dehumidifier to keep vpd levels correct as RH goes sky high in a sealed area. leds keep the taps down I couldn't do it with HPS, would defo need aircon but that's another expense.

my temps sit between 28 and 29 and RH between 62 and 66. my co2 ppm is currently set at 900 but I will start ramping it up as flower continues upto 1500ppm, also helps me get the most out of the 1000w led although I'll only go 700. This is the 3rd grow using this method and I think I've found the sweet spot, mainly from changing my cal:mag ratio with Epson salts, they've never looked better  once I setup my auto feed system amd run multiple fertigations a day, they is gonna go mental.

I can imagine you need a serious dehumidifier..... but your growth will be explosive.

Got the old grey matter thinking about this again :yep:

@zen-ken 50L unit now. old 12L would cut the mustard (although depens on number of plants, better to over spec than have it over worked) have the 50L hanging with car straps to keep her quiet. It is an extra 800w of power but isn't used all the time. inkbird ihc-200 runs it

• Like 2

On 06/03/2022 at 7:46 PM, mubo said:

I’m in the same sort of boat where it comes to size of LEDs, i have a space of 2.8m x 3m so was going to fit 4 fixtures in there but what 4? I’m now swaying to the 600w lumatek pros. 

How you been getting on in your search bud?

• Like 1

I think I’m going to start with 2 600w pros first to see how I get on with them. I had a look at the Gavitas the other day and they look good, but the price 

• Like 1

@mubo thats good at least you made the choice im still undecided so I just got new lamps for next grow I probably wait till end of this year now to see what new or improved ones come out. Yes the Gavita is ment to be the bollox bud i only need one light so although pricey probably a good investment especially if you use it just to flower. All the best with your new lights when you get them.

• Like 1

@Chongmabong I wish I had made my mind up, I’ve got a 3m x 2.8 meter area, so it’s 2 x lights and it comes down to either the lumatek 600w pro 2.9 or the big wide 1000w pro. Then I’ve seen some good things with the Gavita but the cost just to dim it is just stupid 

• Like 1