Apollo Black Cherry(Apollo 13 x Black Cherry Cheesecake X Cherry Ak47)

Shumroom

Photos

large_ABC1.JPG

large_ABC2.JPG

large_ABC3.JPG

large_ABC4.JPG

large_ABC5.JPG

So I've got 5 females from 5 Regular seeds :lucky:

Hopefully they'll stop trying to bloom once I get them potted up,

which should be today or tomorrow.

I'm still in the process of clearing out the mess in the tent from the previous run :D 

None of my other seedlings that were germinated at roughly the same time are showing yet.

I'm hoping the seeds haven't become muddled up with some autos :v:

Thanks for looking.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

I'm hoping the seeds haven't become muddled up with some autos

fucking stoners lol

plants look great shum :yep:

sam

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opposite @Shumroom lol

What were abc, mac and pp autos are still going strong 3 months in lol didnt help the blackberry gum in the background tho lol fucking stoners indeed lol

large.Screenshot_20220623-181116.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

These girls are still blooming under 18/6 :fart:

I'm gonna keep them going as they should be ready to harvest in about 4 weeks lol

It's a pity they are in such small pots. 

Anyway Mark has kindly arranged for some replacement seeds. 

I'm expecting them to arrive on Tuesday, 

they'll go into the fridge until it's time to get them wet :)

Atb 

• Like 7

Photos

large.3autos.JPG

large.ApBlCh.JPG

large.ApBlCh2.JPG

large.P7070093.JPG

I'll see your Pot Noodle Challenge and raise you a 3" pot grow lollollol 

Atb

• Like 6

your working your way into a  very sticky situation lol

early flower trich production is in full swing, :yep:  

sam

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Photos from 17/7/22

large_ABC.JPG

large_ABC2.JPG

large_ABC3.JPG

large_ABC4.JPG

large_ABC5.JPG

large_ABC6.JPG

large_ABC7.JPG

large_ABC8.JPG

large_ABC9.JPG

large.ABC10.JPG

large.ABC11.JPG

large.ABC12.JPG

They've been flowering for about 7 weeks and are roughly 12 weeks old.

I've been reducing the feed strength gradually,

i don't want to put them on just plain water since they're such small pots :) 

Thanks for looking.

Atb

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Some photos from yesterday ;) 

3 plants in 3" pots

large_ABC1.JPG

large_ABC3.JPG

large_ABC4.JPG

large_ABC7.JPG

large_ABC9.JPG

large.ABCb2.JPG

The ones I potted up into 4 or 5"(can't remember lol) pots will probably need a couple more weeks to get near these 3.

Thanks for looking.

Atb

• Like 8

I try not to touch them too much and interfere with the trychome production,

but when I've been removing some of the spent leaves I'm getting like notes of boiled sweets,

can't quite put my finger on it yet.

I would just say sweet and fruity for now :) 

Atb

• Like 2

Ok mate I got the Apollo black cherry feminised there about 10 days after flip to 12 12 I also got the cookies fast there supposed to be feminised and ended up autos just cut down they were kept in small pots because I thought they were feminised so only ended up about 12 inch yours are looking good though mate

• Like 1

@Shumroom Hi mate, they look delicious :yep:

Lovely pics there too, when I zoomed in, man there nice, and frosty :)

It's a pity they are in such small pots. 

Nice to come across this tread, as I'm think'n for my next auto run, to use seeds up, and get onto growing photos, my thoughts are kinda fixed with having 17 different varieties, was to run maybe 9, 12, or even 16 of them in small pots, maybe 750ml or 1L, all so as a bit of an experiment, and see if I could keep on top of the nutes, and feeding, think I'd learn a lot :yep:

If you have a bit of spare time, what would be the key advantages be going this route, if any, and what's the disadvantages from your experience thanks :thumsup:

• Like 2

Thanks very much @Oldman2.0 :thumsup:

The camera I have (Olympus TG6) was designed to be good at macro photography,

in particular underwater macro.

But it was it's ordinary close up functionality that made me purchase it,

with posting on here in mind :) 

For really close up shots(like those above) it can take multiple shots at different focal lengths and then layers those images together,

somehow keeping the parts that are in focus and getting rid of the rest(focus stacking).

This is a technique often used by professional photographers(on powerful computers) to get really crisp photos that have a large depth of field.

Sorry for the garble lol

As far as growing autos in small pots,

you won't want to go too small (indoors) as we're normally look to use up the 3 dimensions of space we have.

The 3 smallest pots I've used have only produced 6" high plants,

which would be ideal for micro growers with very little headroom.

i was feeding these girls every day which was great for keeping on top of things,

i was feeding/watering in my veg drobe every day anyway.

The 2 plants in slightly larger pots(~1-1.5l) are still only around 10-12" tall and only need feeding every 2 or 3 days,

they would probably have drank more and developed better if they hadn't been competing for space with so many veging plants which had to be cut back a couple of times during the time the ABC's were flowering.

The main problem with using too small a final pot is not making good use of indoor growing space,

plus the small amount of buds from each plant means if something is fantastic you don't have much of it,

but the same goes for any you might not be too keen on.

One of the things I'm picking up about autos is that some of them react quite differently from each other,

some are affected by the number of light hours,

some by time and others that flower as soon as their roots touch the edge of the pot lol

I'm not convinced that growing autos in my veg space isn't creating a false sense of economic gain,

bonus buds from my veg space that I'm illuminating anyway sounds great,

I'd only be using around 95W for veggin,

but I've got the light up at 120W to make sure the autos produced as well as they could given the circumstances :D 

for just a few extra grams.

That's over 25% more wattage than usual in the veg drobe :( 

I think with current energy prices that it's more important than ever to maximise the amount of cannabinoids/weed we can grow,

for the level of electric being used.

If you've got say a 2m tall space,

by the time you allow for the lights and cables plus safe distance from the light,

you kinda want the plants to grow up to about 1.2-1.4m tall(roughly)

Sorry what was the question lol :skin_up:

Yeah as a learning experience it might be fun but it could also do your head in with a range of plants with all seemingly different requirements for feeding.

Multi strain grow to the MAX :D 

It's taken me ages to write this reply as I've been sat here smoking pure PupsXXX spliffs,

dog lying snoring at my feet :) 

so if you want me to clarify anything I've said or if I haven't answered part of your question just let me know.

You seem eager to learn so I'm more than happy to explain stuff.

Just wait until you're self sufficient in canna medication and you'll become a seed buying addict like a lot of us around here have become lol

Atb

• Like 8

@Shumroom Firstly, i thank you for taking the time to post a detailed reply like that, that camera sounds savage, appreciated mate :yep:

Secondly regards smoke'n the pups, well i envy you at present, as i had my last smoke last night,

and that's it now, till i produce my own, but also note, i'm happy for ya, and i'm a bit weird in the sense that i thrive on others happiness :)

aah if only every body was happy, my world would be perfect ;)

Thirdly i feel ya regards writing, all be it for yourself with the added task after having a spliff,

but in general with posts here, as all things more or less,  all is completely new to me, i'm a 1 finger typist, and have do my big posts

somewhere else first, which takes forever, and then copy and paste here, so in a month or so, i'm defo learning how to at least use 2 fingers :yep:

A lot more think'n to be done then, even with your input, my think'n was lets say i went for the 16 small pots for instance,

take into account, i may lose a few for different reasons, some produce feck all, and some others did really well, if you 

took an average of lets say 14/15 oz per plant, that's still 8 oz at the end of the day, and i'd be happy with that, any more would be a bonus.

And then if you do the maths with 12 pots, or 9 (slightly bigger pots again) i would maybe have a better shot, with a bit less feeding,

and prob higher yields.

35 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

The 2 plants in slightly larger pots(~1-1.5l) are still only around 10-12" tall and only need feeding every 2 or 3 days,

they would probably have drank more and developed better if they hadn't been competing for space with so many veging plants

I hope you don't get offended, as i said that's a fair bit of info above, but me been me lol and i could be wrong,

i bee lined this part, and this seems promising to me, 1-1.5L, about a foot tall, 2-3 days feeding, and my head is telling me,

that if each of those yielded an ounce, well i'd happily give that a shot, but anything towards this kind of growing on my next run,

would be entirely dependent on producing the goods on my current run, so food for thought then :realcool: 

And again, as always i appreciate anyone's time :thumsup:

Just checked there now on another open page here, i was straight onto this when you posted, and 1 hour later for the above,

i know what i want to say, wish i could type it as fast :yep:

• Like 5