Seedstockers Purple Punch - Old Dog/New Toys

Goodbloke

5 minutes ago, Goodbloke said:

DP white widow

always nice to have some variety, not tried the dp ww but the ss ww auto was fabulous. 

it would be my luck to get two green phenos of the pp lol

sam

Edited by samhigh
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sam, thanks for dropping in. How goes it buddy? 

All pretty well here cheers, they're through 8 weeks 12/12 and have been on plain PH adjusted water for a while. 

The PP continued to show signs of what looks like heat stress, the leaf canoeing I previously mentioned has spread/increased. I followed what seems to be the 'general' advice here under LED (still pretty new to me) & kept the lights on air temp up at 29/30. 

The light coloured pistols have stopped & trichs are now cloudy, I'm letting them go a bit further, but don't think there is long left. 

The bud structure is much lighter/smaller on the PP than the DP WW that they share the space with. The WW are not showing any signs of heat stress either. 

The room I use is small and with a dehumidifier working 24/7 the RH in the room is well under 50%, this is giving me 55/58 lights on and 60/65 lights off with the extract not going too mental. No sign of rot so fingers crossed. 

I did have variations between the 5 seeds I popped, mostly just plant size & structure, all displayed the gorgeous leaf/bud colours through flower. 

Have got my drying/curing space & setup sorted, so looking forward to getting these down. It's been a long time gazing forlornly at empty jars. 

Right, I'm going to get off my arse, try to figure out what the clock change means for my timers and get the loupe out. 

• Like 6

Man I felt a fair whack of tension reading through this diary! Glad to see you've got the issues sorted, such a pain when it all goes wrong but just got to get back up and try again, nicely done buddy :cheers:

• Like 3

Looking forward to the next set of photos..

Wow those growers ark notes have really done you proud eh!

A bit of canoeing is to be expected when your at 50% humidity or less imo

They're a credit to you mate.

Now...for a nice slow dry!

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 3

Thanks for the nudge in the ribs @stu sleeper 20vt , much needed.

Indeed, it's looking like a water analysis & custom nuits order is going to pay for itself.

Ahhh, cheers for that re the RH in late flower, that hadn't crossed my mind as a contributing factor, it is lower than previously. Budrot inspired terror has me fully in its grip.

It'll be 10 weeks 12/12 this Thursday and as I hopefully have that day free and subject to comments on their maturity that could be chop day. That will also be 2 weeks PH adjusted water only.

large.7C78B299B3F8_1667803002434.jpg

large.PB070993.JPG

Starting to get some amber trichs on the sugar leaves, but from what I can see (roll on cataract op), the bud trichs are all clear/cloudy. The PP's pistols are all dark, ripeness indicator, or just this highly coloured strain? What's the consensus from people with eyes?

large.PXL_20221107_072650721_MP.jpglarge.PXL_20221107_072646363_MP.jpglarge.PXL_20221107_072342641.jpglarge.PXL_20221107_072258834.jpglarge.PB071006.JPGlarge.PB071005.JPGlarge.PB071007.JPGlarge.PB071003.JPGlarge.PB071004.JPGlarge.PXL_20221107_072400155.jpglarge.PXL_20221107_072356342.jpg

Sorry about the focus, best I can manage this time of the morning.

As usual thanks for dropping in and stay safe.

Is it in a Golf?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Goodbloke said:

chop day

i knew you would make it brother bloke, they look fabulous, ww too lol

chop day :execute:           happy harvesting :punk:

dont forget the bud shots lol

sam

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They all came down with no rot or other nasties present.

All the prime nugs went straight into the newly converted wine cooler as per 

This adds a whole new level of nervousness first time using. Bud is out of sight, relying solely on remote instrumentation to let you know what is going on inside and the comments of others who have gone before.. Everything in there is now stable after 2 weeks.

The remainder was conventionally hung in the tent room utilising the extract/filtration system with a small fan providing some non-direct air movement. No problems managing temps/humidity at this time of the year coupled with the room not being used for a further grow,

large.PB171066.JPGlarge.PB171065.JPGlarge.PB161063.JPG

Had some fun making cobs, started with a 2 day hang/dry for the first few, progressing up to a 5 day hang/dry .

large.PB201068.JPGlarge.PB221083.JPGlarge.PB211082.JPGlarge.PB211077.JPG

They're all aging currently and should be interesting experimenting with over the coming weeks.

Will add a smoke (will be vape actually) report following curing.

Thanks for dropping in, thanks also for the many kind words of encouragement and advice along the way. Thanks also to @Seedstockers-Markfor the opportunity.

Stay safe.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Think the cure is far enough along for a valid assessment. 

The vape is pleasant, at lower temps it's deeper & more complex than I'm used too, it's quite nice. 

I pushed longer in flower than others might or the blurb suggests and it's a reasonably heavy/locky feeling. Gives me the munchies though. 

I'd not run these again, I'm sure growers with better plant reading skills (not hard) / more experience would get better results than I've managed. My buds are fairly airy & light and whilst I never bother with scales I'd judge my return as disappointing. This is important to me, the costs for a run are considerable and I'd not put in the time/work/education to improve on what I've managed, knowing I can easily get better results elsewhere. 

If you vape it's also harder to read the state of the AVB due to the colour this bud naturally has. 

Made cobs with this, nothing sampled so far, will be interesting to see how they go over the coming months. 

Most of the remaining will be decarbed & capped. 

Will be very interested in the results of others taking PP to harvest & comparing notes. 

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2022 at 4:24 AM, Goodbloke said:

Will add a smoke (will be vape actually) report following curing.

how did the cobs turn out brother bloke?

sam

• Like 2