think more people will try outdoor growing

the ferret

10 hours ago, Crow River said:

Yeah builder's buckets in B&M Home Stores £1 each. 

I'm in a flat too, no car, no garden. 

flat balconny grow....1 big pot scrog 1 outdoor plant.  heribei  finnish abt 4 okt..

Edited by lildaveham
Removed offsite hosted pics. Please upload to your gallery here.
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Yeah builder's buckets in B&M Home Stores £1 each. 

I'm in a flat too, no car, no garden. I have an allotment plot, will be putting up a poly tunnel soon to grow fruit and veg that won't survive in the open air. Will have to judge whether I can risk a mystery plant in the mix or not. If it's looking too edgy, plant'll go on the windowsill instead... :yinyang:

yes i help out in a small allotment to but to small a place to grow ganga there. and a public foot path though the middle of it so people like to come and have a look whats being grown there. so i got no chance of that. theres a small woodland near me also but its full of squirrels they be eaten in no time. but i wont give up im keeping on looking

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DutchFox said:

flat balconny grow....1 big pot scrog 1 outdoor plant.  heribei  finnish abt 4 okt..

thats a cracker

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 2

Just now, the ferret said:

yes i help out in a small allotment to but to small a place to grow ganga there. and a public foot path though the middle of it so people like to come and have a look whats being grown there. so i got no chance of that. theres a small woodland near me also but its full of squirrels they be eaten in no time. but i wont give up im keeping on looking

Yeah, sounds too risky. I'll have to watch out too. Neighbouring plotholders will be curious about the new polytunnel. So it might have to wait until next year and they've all got used to the idea... :mellow:

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DutchFox said:

What strain was this ? Pretty cool man. I was contemplating trying an outdoor scrog sometime for covert guerrilla application. I.e keeping the height down. It would also keep plant numbers down which technically could get you in less trouble if you were caught on site red handed. Looks fun to do. Last year I grew x1 Mighty Gold & x1 DFG each in a 20L pot of soil. I would bend and snap the branches to manipulate and train them to not go above the window line, I also used plant bends. It was not scrog though. Maybe I should make a frame to try a mini version in my window this year. A much smaller scrog than yours. When I look at that pic I imagine trimming it being a bitch. But trimming always is a bitch! Can you remember the yield you got off it? Your balcony was south facing ?

Edited by lildaveham
Quote of offsite hosted pic removed
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, the ferret said:

Cant u get a day rider ticket on the bus even if it means a hour + to get out to a green/rural/place which can accommodate your needs mate just set up a site with minimum effort no lugging tons of soil .

I have grown the auto duck in garde a few times going back to when it was first released

I had a nice lemony one and then a unusual smelling one a few seasons later, back garden grown in 15L and 20L gave back 3zips with no mould

Though I put down to both been better seasons for weather, friends liked it but it didn't do much for me.

• Like 1

I’m going to try my hand at outdoor growing this year.

I’ve got a plot in mind and will be growing some seedstocker autos. 
wish me luck

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Girlrilla said:

I have grown the auto duck in garde a few times going back to when it was first released

I had a nice lemony one and then a unusual smelling one a few seasons later, back garden grown in 15L and 20L gave back 3zips with no mould

Though I put down to both been better seasons for weather, friends liked it but it didn't do much for me.

Good to know. Just received my Auto Duck seeds, pondering what to do this spring. 

What was the smell like when your plants flowered? Nothing much? Or dank skunk reek?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Good to know. Just received my Auto Duck seeds, pondering what to do this spring. 

What was the smell like when your plants flowered? Nothing much? Or dank skunk reek?

The first one was the smellier of the two. Not highly noticeable no, the second had a more savoury smell to it and more of a bud here and there rather than colas come the end

Friends said it was feel good weed. Day time smoke and I thought the same but look for a more heavier stone these days

Edited by Girlrilla
  • Like 2

Just now, Girlrilla said:

The first one was the smellier of the two. Not highly noticeable no, the second had a more savoury smell to it and more of a bud here and there rather than colas come the end

Friends said it was feel good weed. Day time smoke and I thought the same but look for a more heavier stone these days

i read up on it and its Frisian duck x white widow a medium height plant.

• Like 2

My garden supplies have arrived eeek

large.20220210_171628.jpg

I managed to grow a couple of short autos (grape gusher and black valium) in the garden  last summer. Despite the shit weather we had early doors and the fact I'd never even tried outdoors before, I managed to get them over the line just about. I was shocked how little smell they gave off until I moved them into an outbuilding for the night. My garden is a bit of a wind tunnel so the smell was wafted away. I even had people sat in the garden  who hate weed and they didn't even notice...

If I could give one bit of advice to anyone wanting to have a go it would be this though...... put at least as much thought and effort into how you're gonna dry and cure it, as you do researching strains and digging for victory. I know this seems blindingly obvious to most folk but I for one left it late and there's not many things more terrifying than sitting there honking of fresh cut weed..... waiting for the coppers knock. Really looking forward to some kick ass grows to browse this year 

Bless up

Edited by Idicanna jones
  • Like 7

• 3 months later...
On 09/02/2022 at 3:50 PM, Crow River said:

TBH I'm struggling to find a spot for a guerrilla grow. Just too many people around the ones I located so far.

So it might be a polytunnel test run this year. I can scout for outdoor sites over the spring and summer, will give me a better idea of secluded spots that get sun but are hidden from view.

Well one spot I had earmarked on an industrial estate is now being built upon. :( Went to check the planning application online, submitted in March, so just weeks after I scouted there. Oh well. :rolleyes:

I have other possible spots in mind, but they're much further away... Sigh. :yinyang:

• Like 3