think more people will try outdoor growing

the ferret

Me and the bro have started looking at some plots for this year, left it a bit late but hey ho better late then never.

The plan is to have 3 sites with about 20 plants on each, though it's all going to be ran for fresh frozen bubble.

I'm actually excited to see how it goes. 

We are at 54° north also.

Edited by ukbudz
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, ukbudz said:

left it a bit late but hey ho better late then never.

The season is still 2 and a bit months away dude.. far from too late but soon time to get those digging boots on :yep:

Be lucky :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 6

@Revive I just meant that I would of preferred to do some scouting of plots last summer/autumn mate to see what surrounding coverage was like and to start sticking some organic matter and amendments down to be worked in and broken down over the winter.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ukbudz said:

@Revive I just meant that I would of preferred to do some scouting of plots last summer/autumn mate to see what surrounding coverage was like and to start sticking some organic matter and amendments down to be worked in and broken down over the winter.

Your deffo right in that sense dude.. when I went to 1 of my plots about 3 weeks ago it was so bare and open id have never grown there if I found that late winter.. had a few seasons there now.. end of season for scouting is best really so you at least know your still covered come harvest time. And of course as you say always good to start getting some ammendments and organic goodness down way before plant out ..still some good results can still be had getting out later in the season :yep:

• Like 5

I'm thinking of trying out one stealth guerrilla grow in the real outdoors, and also a stealth poly tunnel grow.

I'll start with just one plant in the poly tunnel, see how it turns out for size, aroma, etc. That will most likely be an Auto Duck, so it looks as little like cannabis as possible (hopefully low odour too). The plant will be screened by tomatoes, peppers etc. to be less visible. 

As for the guerrilla grow, will start with auto too, I've a few strains to choose from but possibly Auto Mazar. Might try and hide it in a nettle patch, and maybe plant some peppermint to mask the smell, assuming flowering stage is reached before slugs, snails or other creatures eat everything. I have a spot in mind but will scout for other possibilities just in case.

This year will just be dipping a toe in the water so to speak. Not switching from indoor growing yet, possibly never. Idea is just to supplement my small indoor space with whatever I can manage outside without too much hassle.

• Like 1

Found someone else’s plot today while out looking for potential places. I’ve found quite a few of them throughout the winter. This one didn’t look or feel like it was a successful grow to me. Not very well hidden plus they’d left it a right mess.

Looked a bit half hearted like one of those ones where they thought it would be this great amazing idea and they were going to strike gold with it but in reality their plan didn’t work out cause they didn’t put in the right amount of effort.. I guesstimated it was from last season or maybe the season before. 

Was a bit gutted to find it to be honest as the area woulda been good for it. Isn’t too much wasteland round these parts. So peeps are naturally gonna look in the similar viable places.

Fair few peeps are already at it round these parts as I’ve found...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Found someone else’s plot today while out looking for potential places. I’ve found quite a few of them throughout the winter. This one didn’t look or feel like it was a successful grow to me. Not very well hidden plus they’d left it a right mess.

Looked a bit half hearted like one of those ones where they thought it would be this great amazing idea and they were going to strike gold with it but in reality their plan didn’t work out cause they didn’t put in the right amount of effort.. I guesstimated it was from last season or maybe the season before. 

Was a bit gutted to find it to be honest as the area woulda been good for it. Isn’t too much wasteland round these parts. So peeps are naturally gonna look in the similar viable places.

Fair few peeps are already at it round these parts as I’ve found...

dont worry about it....here any decent place...there was a grow or grow attempt....look for dates on bottles and cans..

daring urban plots are sometimes surprisingly often succesfull :) 

total mess places i find here too.....in winter i call myself a garbage man... :) ...i clean up nature ( dont want to leave it for forresters to find and cleanup...after all we are guerillas...we strike and disapear with as lil traces...as possible.. :) ...and some deserted plots i will use also....

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 4

Yeah the first one I found this winter there were a few cider cans nearby which I examined to try and get an idea of how long.. although they looked older than the look of the plot itself. 

I was brought up to never litter especially in the countryside. So thats in built with me, I was v tempted to tidy up at one site. 

but came to the conclusion it was better for me to leave everything exactly as I found it. So they or anyone else who might frequent that area don’t figure someone else has been there in recent times, neither that I’ve messed with any of their stuff, even though the grow spots I’ve found look abandoned it might not prove to be the case come Spring/Summer, also trail cams could be set up. I doubt it but they could be. 

The plots I’ve found I’ve had a quick gander, made a quick assessment, then got the hell out of there quick sharpish, with no plans of hanging around. The way of the Ninja style.

I’m not completely ruling out the possibility of doing a sneaky one in the vicinity of the one I found today but it would be way more covert than theirs. I will stick it on the list of possible back up spots. 

The reality is the more people who get into guerrilla or decide to give it a whirl, the higher the possibility of multiple growers ending up operating in closer areas.. 

Still I do feel most ‘normal’ people aren’t ‘crazy’ enough neither prepared enough to risk the inevitable being torn to shreds trying to access the deeper bush. 

For that it takes a certain kind. 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 3

On 2/7/2022 at 6:50 PM, Crow River said:

That will most likely be an Auto Duck

Let us know how you get on with this strain will you mate?  Thinking about trying the same thing myself this year and there's not much info or feedback on the Autoduck. :yep:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clubs said:

Let us know how you get on with this strain will you mate?  Thinking about trying the same thing myself this year and there's not much info or feedback on the Autoduck. :yep:

Will do. It's reputed to be a fairly mild stone, only moderate THC levels. Don't know how hardy it will be in northern climes: suppose I'll find out...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Will do. It's reputed to be a fairly mild stone, only moderate THC levels. Don't know how hardy it will be in northern climes: suppose I'll find out...

i talked on line to the breeder of the duck strain live. a few years back wally duck he was known as hes from Australia. he was a very honest guy and advised me not to buy any of his strains as he didn't think they finish in time before the bad weather set in here in the UK. but its nice to know hes brought auto flowering seeds out now and it be interesting to see how you get on with them. i also see dutch passion have done a cross with his called Frisian duck. thats suited for outdoors

Edited by the ferret
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, the ferret said:

i talked on line to the breeder of the duck strain live. a few years back wally duck he was known as hes from Australia. he was a very honest guy and advised me not to buy any of his strains as he didn't think they finish in time before the bad weather set in here in the UK. but its nice to know hes brought auto flowering seeds out now and it be interesting to see how you get on with them. i also see dutch passion have done a cross with his called Frisian duck. thats suited for outdoors

TBH I'm struggling to find a spot for a guerrilla grow. Just too many people around the ones I located so far.

So it might be a polytunnel test run this year. I can scout for outdoor sites over the spring and summer, will give me a better idea of secluded spots that get sun but are hidden from view.

• Like 1

On 8-2-2022 at 4:49 AM, Erbman T said:

Yeah the first one I found this winter there were a few cider cans nearby which I examined to try and get an idea of how long.. although they looked older than the look of the plot itself. 

I was brought up to never litter especially in the countryside. So thats in built with me, I was v tempted to tidy up at one site. 

but came to the conclusion it was better for me to leave everything exactly as I found it. So they or anyone else who might frequent that area don’t figure someone else has been there in recent times, neither that I’ve messed with any of their stuff, even though the grow spots I’ve found look abandoned it might not prove to be the case come Spring/Summer, also trail cams could be set up. I doubt it but they could be. 

well...if you clean up a plot....and some one notices it....it means its not safe for them anymore...normally the forresters clean up when they find stuff...or let their volunteers do it..

and yes..trail cams are good for your peach of mind....

1 cam was stolen from me...so i knew its discoverd by someone...who...i dont know...it could be a poacher...who saw his picture taken...it could be anybody...

taking a new plot in use...is always a calculated risk... :)  

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Crow River said:

TBH I'm struggling to find a spot for a guerrilla grow. Just too many people around the ones I located so far.

So it might be a polytunnel test run this year. I can scout for outdoor sites over the spring and summer, will give me a better idea of secluded spots that get sun but are hidden from view.

same with me i live in a city and ive not had transport for over a year. a poly tunnel be a great start. im in a flat so i haven't even got a garden. ive never grown auto flowering plants but was talking to a seed breeder that does autos and he said use buckets which i think are 15 litres just drill holes in the bottoms which you can pick up for a £1 each in places like b+q so i guess with they very short life cycle the roots must fly though the compost. but a poly tunnels a good start. you can also use google earth to look for places. good luck with this years grow. ferret

• Like 1

Just now, the ferret said:

same with me i live in a city and ive not had transport for over a year. a poly tunnel be a great start. im in a flat so i haven't even got a garden. ive never grown auto flowering plants but was talking to a seed breeder that does autos and he said use buckets which i think are 15 litres just drill holes in the bottoms which you can pick up for a £1 each in places like b+q so i guess with they very short life cycle the roots must fly though the compost. but a poly tunnels a good start. you can also use google earth to look for places. good luck with this years grow. ferret

Yeah builder's buckets in B&M Home Stores £1 each. 

I'm in a flat too, no car, no garden. I have an allotment plot, will be putting up a poly tunnel soon to grow fruit and veg that won't survive in the open air. Will have to judge whether I can risk a mystery plant in the mix or not. If it's looking too edgy, plant'll go on the windowsill instead... :yinyang:

• Like 1