420l Pot Challenge 2022.

Seedstockers-Mark

Hello everyone  ;)

I've got a crazy competition for UK420 this season ;)

We would like to do a 420l Pot Challenge on UK420 but we can only sponsor 5-7 growers for this competition  :)

We would provide 

The seeds 

The 420l pot

Nutrients through bio-tabs. 

We would also be running this competition on other platforms so will be a multi forum competition. 

This is a Huge pot and I expect a few members would like to participate. 

If you would like to enter get your names down in this thread and I'll select the lucky few in a weeks time  :yep:

You can also enter the general outdoor competition here  :)

Prizes for the huge pot challenge have not been finalised but will be comparable to the general outdoor competition  ;)

At least €1000 split between 3 winners + some cool products we are having made for the winner's. 

Get your names down if interested  :headbang:

Kind regards  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 14

Cool idea ,and generous thought ,only I think the pot size is too big and I don't know if even a monster will root it out ,and will it ever dry evenly ? It'd be a better job in hotter climates . I've grown in 200 litre round pots but a few plants in them and sometimes had trouble with the compost at the end holding too much water . I know it might be easier with a fabric pot but 420 litres ,I needed to read it twice ! 

Massive ,established shrubs and fair size trees come on trucks in pots that are 400-500 litres ,or a cage root wrap ,maybe 200 litres and 1/4 ton . 

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 7

@Seedstockers-Mark   I'm trying to visualise a 420 l pot and am struggling. What size watering can would one need?  I reckon at least 8 bags of compost to fill at least.  Sounds like a lot of fun for those with a big enough garden!

• Like 2

I just googled 420L pot...it's the size of a large rain barrel :woot:

I think this one's not for me, but i'm def going to watch a few of the shows, I bet some of our guys will do this nice

• Like 2

I would like to put my name down for this please mark i love a challenge and after last year am used to lugging compo about the place got 6 bags in the shed ready to go. lol

If i is one of the chosen ones the plan is start it very early and smuggle a small tree to plot. lol

• Like 4

Just for the visual of 420l- a 60x60x120 tent led on its back lol
Looking forward to watching this one but wont be taking part; can't imagine this poking over the fence for the neighbor 

• Like 3

On 31/01/2022 at 7:16 PM, murphyblue said:

I would like to put my name down for this please mark i love a challenge and after last year am used to lugging compo about the place got 6 bags in the shed ready to go. lol

If i is one of the chosen ones the plan is start it very early and smuggle a small tree to plot. lol

My idea to lol

• Like 2

42 point nought, surely?

420 litres is like 8.4 big 50L bags of compost. so normally you might grow one plant in ten litres, so 42 plants?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

My idea to lol

Don't think the ziptop lidls bag i use to get plants to plots will cut it this year though. lol

I was thinking of transporting it all brazen like middle of day black sack over the top to cover the obvious and just walk it to plot. lol

Welshy gov giving away free trees soon if stopped could just say its one of them i picked up. lol

• Like 3

Just now, murphyblue said:

Don't think the ziptop lidls bag i use to get plants to plots will cut it this year though. lol

I was thinking of transporting it all brazen like middle of day black sack over the top to cover the obvious and just walk it to plot. lol

Welshy gov giving away free trees soon if stopped could just say its one of them i picked up. lol

Night time jobs big box in the van, drop materials over winter should be sweet then.

Using live camera this year. 

Stick on a pull along trolley lollol

• Like 2