Should I tell my Dr?

mystic_roots

I think you have to tell your Doctor and District nurses, how can they make sensible decisions if you deny them all of the facts plus if also gives a good record for  cannabis if have sensible Doctors and Nurses.  All of my doctors  and nurses know, I make a point of it!  They are bound by a code of confidentiality.

Edited by Hir
  • Like 1

Just now, Hir said:

They are bound by a code of confidentiality.

No they are not.

If a doctor thinks your drug use can vause harm/death/injury to others he is obliged to act on the information.

• Like 1

I dunno about mentioning cannabis use to your Dr. It doesn't contraindicate with most if any prescription medications so no need to mention it on that score. I only really see my doctor about mental health issues and I'm not really been honest about smoking pot to GPs, psychiatrists etc nowadays cos the few times I've made the mistake of mentioning it I've had treatment witheld until I 'got my drug use under control' and shit (admittedly that was like 20 years ago, but perhaps that because I've not mentioned my cannabis use since).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kush Lover said:

Is this legit? Can you point me in the direction of where I can read this please? 

@mystic_roots not to derail your thread lol but I understand your concerns about EVs I have them too and I work in the industry lol

It will all work out, Christ we had electric vehicles mainstream before we had ICE but it will take time. Right now it’s still a market for those who like to jump in with first editions of things and will make do with niggles just to be one of the first. There is a name for it but I’m way to baked to remember :wallbash:

Anyway the chap is right don’t buy a Tesla, the powertrain is bad ass no doubt the Plaid + is out of this world like fucking mental mate your talking almost F1 driver reactions needed. Elon Musk for all people hate him for is a genius, just look at current sales figures no other OEM comes close however the cars are shit!

They are unreliable and things like seals, door handles etc are whack.

No of you put the Tesla powertrain in any other car, mk2 golf, any 3 series then you future proof it and upgrade tell he shit out of it.

Anyway back to the thread , personally I’m going to investigate the capsules!!!

Used to love my Mk2 golf but days of tinkering are past me, i've got the body of an 80 year old lol Interestingly enough i've seen a video of an R32 skyline with a tesla engine, it's donuts are insane.

7 minutes ago, Boojum said:

I dunno about mentioning cannabis use to your Dr. It doesn't contraindicate with most if any prescription medications so no need to mention it on that score. I only really see my doctor about mental health issues and I'm not really been honest about smoking pot to GPs, psychiatrists etc nowadays cos the few times I've made the mistake of mentioning it I've had treatment witheld until I 'got my drug use under control' and shit (admittedly that was like 20 years ago, but perhaps that because I've not mentioned my cannabis use since).

Yeah most of my treatment is for mental health and from the stories i've read here, I won't be mentioning it anytime soon, i need my license for work. Funnily enough though, cannabis helps no end. In an evening I feel like a different person, how i was when i was a teenager, not a care in the world.

The problem with mental health stuff is that they still think cannabis use causes mental health problems, when the reality is that mental health problems cause cannabis use. It's self-medication.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 5

I think everyone loved the mk2, I would have mine back in a heartbeat!

re telling the doctor I have done quite a few times but with the recent state of the world and the fact a little oversharing has landed people on trouble I’m reverting back to my usual stance...tell people as little about yourself as possible, keep it on a need to know basis type thing!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mystic_roots said:

What process do youo follow for taking in pill form? I'm guessing you have to be careful you don't put too much in otherwise i'd be fast asleep lol

There are no clinics in the UK as it's a class B drug, otherwise I would be straight down to a clinic

Decarb your buds, then grind it up and place into empty capsules. I use size 0 capsules which hold roughly 0.5g.

10 hours ago, Kush Lover said:

Is this legit? Can you point me in the direction of where I can read this please? 

Yes mate, it's because the capsules by-pass the mouth, so no THC is left there. With edibles you usually have to chew something, so small amounts of THC will remain in your mouth, with capsules, there's no chewing, just make sure your capsules are clean on the outside. If there's no THC in your mouth, you won't fail a swab test. Plus the high is much nicer than smoking it.

• Like 3

Do any of the people saying you should tell your doctor that you use cannabis have a driving licence

and drive a vehicle on a regular basis ?

That's the issue here . They will inform the DVLA and it's no more driving licence for you .

• Like 5

so, has anybody been shopped by their doctor?

i have told several in the past and none shopped me, that said i was in need of more help than worrying about what they were likely to do so i'm not endorsing it, but has anybody?

• Like 1

On 16/01/2022 at 5:35 PM, Diddy said:

My niece told her GP that she had reduced her intake of strong pain killer and anti depressants and substituted these with cannabis instead. GP was fantastic, within a week he had written to the DVLA who in turn acted very quickly in suspending her driving licence.....Took her a year and a clear urine test to get it back. Be careful.

18 minutes ago, ratdog said:

so, has anybody been shopped by their doctor?

i have told several in the past and none shopped me, that said i was in need of more help than worrying about what they were likely to do so i'm not endorsing it, but has anybody?

• Like 2

bad luck @Diddy that sucks, but that's the first time i've heard that, on here or the real world, so hopefully it's pretty rare

i know lots of heavy drug users in my area who know the docs/services well, me included in the past and no one was ever shopped, most couldn't afford a car mind you lol

i was on heavy doses, illegal levels of benzos for driving one time, the doc from the drug/alcohol place was keen to drop the levels rather than shop me to the dvla, she said if i dropped the dose within a couple of weeks it would all be good. she never said owt about my weed either, that was the least of the issues att

Edited by ratdog
sp

@Diddy Regular driver and sufferer of chronic lol pain here. 

I smoke like a proverbial chimney,

If you've ever followed my diaries you'll get a rough idea. 

I also have to take controlled drugs on a daily basis on prescription(I'm fucked in a crash situation due to these anyway). 

I can't speak for all the other Dr's out there though. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

On 22/01/2022 at 8:00 AM, soto said:

Just don't buy a Tesla. Elon Musk (the vapourware king) is a fraud that will probably go the way of Elizabeth Holmes. There are a lot of similarities between those two.

Fellow thunderf00t fan?

• Like 1