Should I tell my Dr?

mystic_roots

The problem is that cannabis is detectable in your bloodstream / urine etc at levels well below where it would affect you.

such levels are clearly established for driving, so if its above - you are nicked and the penalties are sufficiently harsh.

There are no base levels for cannabis.

as a medical prescription holder, you are allowed to have thc in your system provided your driving is not impaired.

On 17/01/2022 at 6:24 AM, twigs said:

@mystic_roots get a (normal price) push bike and ride that to the drs? :stoned:  were you anxious before you bought the car? 

On 17/01/2022 at 10:18 AM, Kush Lover said:

I hate to sound like a dick but is the ‘expensive car’ also causing you some form of anxiety? Got to ask out of being nosey but what car is it?

Im not sure the doctors give two hoots about what car you roll up in or even if you own a car. They see so many people a day and try and have their normal lives, they aren’t peeking out the window to see if Mr Jones from number 42 is rolling in a slammed high performance car he obviously can’t afford! To be honest mate if you sit somewhere like a doctors car park for long enough you will see all sorts of people in all sorts of cars. 

The main problem with telling the doctor is how you tell them. If you tell them in a calm, professional and sensible manner that you do find some relief using cannabis on occasion and discuss it with them then I have found you can have an adult conversation with them. Like others have mentioned I have been told by a doc to give it a whirl and if it helps it’s fine.

As an aside if you are ever in a medical emergency and you have narcotics in your system just tell them as they don’t care just need to know how you react to what they are giving you!

Anyway if you roll into the surgery stinking of weed and telling them how you smoke it all the day etc you will be ringing alarm bells!! 

Just be human and judge the situation, a lot of doctors and nurses like to get off their tits too.

Personally of your concerned about the docs telling the DVLA because you’re in a nice car and like to chuff the herb I would look wider at my day to day. 

Expensive cars don’t draw attention to Police if your look like you fit it and your not in a dodge area. If it’s all legit being taxed, registered and insured and you can prove the funds for buying it you have not much to worry about unless you drive like a dick or get involved in an accident. 

Driving with weed in my system I would be far more worried about the police than my GP especially if you have any form of previous history with them.

I think I may have misrepresented what I meant by the car part. What i generally meant was my car can attract police (and a lot of people's) attention and when they see a young person in a flashy car, they'll sometimes pull you for some bullshit excuse just to check you're not a drug dealer but i only smoke in an evening and it's only 8 small hits lol

The car is question is a fairly new (age wise) and very special RS3. I'd love to tell you more or post pictures but that would make it easy to track as it's known amongst the car culture, however i will say that i never drive after smoking and I will not drive if i feel any type of effect from it. I do not wish to destroy a £46k car or put other people in danger

• Like 2

@mystic_roots I'm not trying to be a killjoy mate but I just hope you know if you ever get tested you'll most likely fail, even if you haven't had it for days. I'll never have a nice car again I can tell ya. 

I won't drive stoned anymore, but I admit I did it for most of my life. I know I believe it makes me a better driver but I do wonder about my bias lol 

• Like 4

@mystic_roots They look and sound like nice cars, I've never had the opportunity to drive one but have driven an RS4 and that was one of the best road cars I have ever been in! Compliant and beyond capable but you need so much restraint on the UK roads. 

I think to your original question of telling the doctor there seem to be more people advising against it than for it which probably speaks volumes form their experience. Is it a reaction to medication you are worried about? If that is the case why not crack on with researching it yourself, you will probably find out more about the medication than your GP can tell you. You will then be quite confidently be able to see if there will be a bad reaction, you may even get a bit more bang for your buck :unsure: 

Does anyone know of medication that cannabis reacts badly with?

Regarding the driving I think like KC said, if you're having 8 hits each night you will probably get picked up on a test anyway. I once owned a car that drew a lot of attention, it won places in shows and even made a magazine feature back in the day but it wasn't chavy so it only was really noticed by the police when it had a bulb out or something similar. The police would always stop to talk to me about the car at petrol stations etc but never pulled because I was young and blatantly shouldn't be able to afford the car which I did look at the time.

I was speaking to a neighbour years ago who was on the drug squad so I would always ask him about the 'fun' parts of his job and from what he was telling me it really does just come down to if your taxed, tested and insured, anything outstanding like fines or if your car has been marked and you're not driving like a twat or drunk then you're pretty much good to go. Modded cars do of course draw some attention but only if it looks like you might be breaking the law with dark tints or some other minor thing. What I am trying to say if your motor looks lie it should of featured in Max Power magazine then I see your point but if its a stock looking RS3 but tuned to fuck then you are probably good if you keep within the speed limits. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kush Lover said:

@mystic_roots They look and sound like nice cars, I've never had the opportunity to drive one but have driven an RS4 and that was one of the best road cars I have ever been in! Compliant and beyond capable but you need so much restraint on the UK roads. 

I think to your original question of telling the doctor there seem to be more people advising against it than for it which probably speaks volumes form their experience. Is it a reaction to medication you are worried about? If that is the case why not crack on with researching it yourself, you will probably find out more about the medication than your GP can tell you. You will then be quite confidently be able to see if there will be a bad reaction, you may even get a bit more bang for your buck :unsure: 

Does anyone know of medication that cannabis reacts badly with?

Regarding the driving I think like KC said, if you're having 8 hits each night you will probably get picked up on a test anyway. I once owned a car that drew a lot of attention, it won places in shows and even made a magazine feature back in the day but it wasn't chavy so it only was really noticed by the police when it had a bulb out or something similar. The police would always stop to talk to me about the car at petrol stations etc but never pulled because I was young and blatantly shouldn't be able to afford the car which I did look at the time.

I was speaking to a neighbour years ago who was on the drug squad so I would always ask him about the 'fun' parts of his job and from what he was telling me it really does just come down to if your taxed, tested and insured, anything outstanding like fines or if your car has been marked and you're not driving like a twat or drunk then you're pretty much good to go. Modded cars do of course draw some attention but only if it looks like you might be breaking the law with dark tints or some other minor thing. What I am trying to say if your motor looks lie it should of featured in Max Power magazine then I see your point but if its a stock looking RS3 but tuned to fuck then you are probably good if you keep within the speed limits. 

Ah a fellow car enthusiast. Yeah I don't bother driving like a twat, there's a time and place but not constantly. If anything i drive slower to conserve my fuel lol There's no horrible chav mods and i'm very meticulous when it comes to cars and bikes.

As for the Dr thing, it's not so much i'm worried and I haven't had a bad reaction to my current meds, she's just changing one's i have for IBS, but if anything the cannabis does help in an evening, no stomach pains etc. Going from all the advice I don't think i'll bother telling them and just do my own research on medication and cannabis.

Sounds like a plan @mystic_roots and I'm sure there's years of experience on here that people can help with most of your questions. 

Absolutely love cars mate but not the price of fuel these days but then they are pushing us all to electric sooner or later.

On 19/01/2022 at 4:58 PM, Kush Lover said:

Sounds like a plan @mystic_roots and I'm sure there's years of experience on here that people can help with most of your questions. 

Absolutely love cars mate but not the price of fuel these days but then they are pushing us all to electric sooner or later.

Don't open that can of worms lol

I refuse to have an electric car let alone an electric motorbike. I'd say a good 50% of collisions are prevented because they can hear the bike coming.

Plus i've almost been run over by 2 electric cars, they're just unatural to me.

• Like 3

@mystic_roots I love combustion engines too, I'm one of those sad people who even likes the smell of petrol and I would of agreed with you but don't dismiss EV's just yet. I have been lucky enough to take a few around places like Millbrook proving grounds and shit me can they fly!

The Porsche Taycan is already outselling the 911 and I can see why its a beast!

3 hours ago, Kush Lover said:

@mystic_roots I love combustion engines too, I'm one of those sad people who even likes the smell of petrol and I would of agreed with you but don't dismiss EV's just yet. I have been lucky enough to take a few around places like Millbrook proving grounds and shit me can they fly!

The Porsche Taycan is already outselling the 911 and I can see why its a beast!

I know the electrics are very fast at accelrating but I don't agree with the concept, I don't see how it can be viable. Electric vehicles are expensive, we still burn fossil fuels to generate the electricity and there isn't a big enough infrastructure for them to be charged. How do people charge their vehicle if they live in a Terrace house, no drive, no garage and you'd be lucky to park in front of the house, so what do we use, extension cables?

The other point is batteries degrade, some are having to replace the batteries after 5 years and the fire hazard. Yeah they can put the fires out but they can reignite due to thermal runaway. In america they've had to have special fire engines built so they can pick up the burning EV and dunk it into the tank. Other thing being what do we do about lorries?

Personally I think hydrogen is the best way, which they're working on. I just don't see everyone driving EV's in 2030. I don't see Greta going to China and Russia, two of the biggest in terms of pollution and vehicles from the UK only generate 2% of carbon waste. Just targeting the motorist as we're easy cash cows.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mystic_roots said:

I know the electrics are very fast at accelrating but I don't agree with the concept, I don't see how it can be viable. Electric vehicles are expensive, we still burn fossil fuels to generate the electricity and there isn't a big enough infrastructure for them to be charged. How do people charge their vehicle if they live in a Terrace house, no drive, no garage and you'd be lucky to park in front of the house, so what do we use, extension cables?

The other point is batteries degrade, some are having to replace the batteries after 5 years and the fire hazard. Yeah they can put the fires out but they can reignite due to thermal runaway. In america they've had to have special fire engines built so they can pick up the burning EV and dunk it into the tank. Other thing being what do we do about lorries?

Personally I think hydrogen is the best way, which they're working on. I just don't see everyone driving EV's in 2030. I don't see Greta going to China and Russia, two of the biggest in terms of pollution and vehicles from the UK only generate 2% of carbon waste. Just targeting the motorist as we're easy cash cows.

Just don't buy a Tesla. Elon Musk (the vapourware king) is a fraud that will probably go the way of Elizabeth Holmes. There are a lot of similarities between those two.

• Like 3

Have you considered using capsules instead of smoking your cannabis? Obviously this doesn't eliminate the doctor issue but if you did get stopped and swab tested, at least you'd pass. The police swab tests don't pick up the thc if you've taken a capsule, as it by-passes the mouth, and thus leaves no traces of thc in the mouth, if the outside of the capsule is clean obviously. I've recently started doing this and the high is also far superior to smoking it, I have less anxiety and my sense of taste and smell have returned, it's definitely the future, smoking is so old fashioned...:hippy:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Maesteg Cannabis Club said:

Have you considered using capsules instead of smoking your cannabis? Obviously this doesn't eliminate the doctor issue but if you did get stopped and swab tested, at least you'd pass. The police swab tests don't pick up the thc if you've taken a capsule, as it by-passes the mouth, and thus leaves no traces of thc in the mouth, if the outside of the capsule is clean obviously. I've recently started doing this and the high is also far superior to smoking it, I have less anxiety and my sense of taste and smell have returned, it's definitely the future, smoking is so old fashioned...:hippy:

What process do youo follow for taking in pill form? I'm guessing you have to be careful you don't put too much in otherwise i'd be fast asleep lol

9 hours ago, Newcouch said:

why not go to a clinic and get legal?

There are no clinics in the UK as it's a class B drug, otherwise I would be straight down to a clinic

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maesteg Cannabis Club said:

The police swab tests don't pick up the thc if you've taken a capsule, as it by-passes the mouth

Is this legit? Can you point me in the direction of where I can read this please? 

@mystic_roots not to derail your thread lol but I understand your concerns about EVs I have them too and I work in the industry lol

It will all work out, Christ we had electric vehicles mainstream before we had ICE but it will take time. Right now it’s still a market for those who like to jump in with first editions of things and will make do with niggles just to be one of the first. There is a name for it but I’m way to baked to remember :wallbash:

Anyway the chap is right don’t buy a Tesla, the powertrain is bad ass no doubt the Plaid + is out of this world like fucking mental mate your talking almost F1 driver reactions needed. Elon Musk for all people hate him for is a genius, just look at current sales figures no other OEM comes close however the cars are shit!

They are unreliable and things like seals, door handles etc are whack.

No of you put the Tesla powertrain in any other car, mk2 golf, any 3 series then you future proof it and upgrade tell he shit out of it.

Anyway back to the thread , personally I’m going to investigate the capsules!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mystic_roots said:

There are no clinics in the UK as it's a class B drug, otherwise I would be straight down to a clinic

Legal Cannabis is a thing in the UK, now. 

Edited by Keye
  • Like 1