Trim Bag

lennyboy

@Bricky

You'll know if it's not dry enough as it does a shit trim. I find I have to destalk for a couple of days after the hanging period. Do you hang whole? I'd do 14 days, destalk then trim bag. 

• Like 2

Them bags seem good but i havent got the room to dry my plants whole so i bought a lazy boy trimmer machine the pro cut twister trimmer to do wet trimming  its noisey but not bad you lose more plant matter than trimming by hand i just going to throw it in bubble hash just ordered some bags 

@KC yeah mate I hang some whole with fan leaves off then some others i brake them down smaller with the fan leaves off and hang to try, am I better off de stalking them and letting them dry out for a few more days or just taking a couple and put them through the bag 

• Like 1

@Bricky I do find they need destalking for a couple of days, I forgot last time and just ran it once I'd destalked, it does a terrible job. Couple of days off the plant (after its dried and it's spot on). I got to do one in a bit, i'll see if my camera battery is charged and do a before and after. Just got to go and take some cuts first.

edit-well that didn't really come out well, the more firm nugs came out ok but the airier ones didn't really do anything. Trust it to be when I did my before and after :doh:

large.roses3bt.jpglarge_trim.jpglarge.roses3at.jpg

Edited by KC
epic failure trim example lol
  • Like 4

@KC doesn’t look too bad mate still I can’t wait to try mine out and see how it comes out I’ll upload a photo once done, my mate said to take them off the stalk put them in an airtight bucket and burp them for a few days to fetch them all to same moisture level then put them in so I’ll see mate

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@stu sleeper 20vt

Yeah still using the bag,  4 times today in fact. I'm having to finish a good few with the scissors though.  I suppose it depends how fussy you are.  I do think it's worth it for a preliminary trim,  saves me quite a bit of time. 

The odd batch will come out spot on,  it's got to be dry as f and dense though. 

I wouldn't go for the official one though,  I can't see how it's any better than the rip off one.  

• Like 2

So I started this thread and I ended up purchasing an official one, knock off version is probably just as good, and what a great buy it has been. Imo the buds still look great. I'm using it again tomorrow so I may upload a few pics. Well worth the money as the time saved is unreal. Beats the spin pro, which I've owned two of, hands down. I used to also own the trim pro original which though does a good job, is 5x the money and not as quick. For me it's about how much you value your time.

Edited by lennyboy
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, lennyboy said:

So I started this thread and I ended up purchasing an official one, knock off version is probably just as good, and what a great buy it has been. Imo the buds still look great. I'm using it again tomorrow so I may upload a few pics. Well worth the money as the time saved is unreal. Beats the spin pro, which I've owned two of, hands down. I used to also own the trim pro original which though does a good job, is 5x the money and not as quick. For me it's about how much you value your time.

Some before and after shots would be really helpful for me and everyone.

I just bought one (trim Bag) having moved from a Spin pro purely because I wanted to try a full plant dry for a change. 

I will add to this thread in about 2 weeks once I have tried it out. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 16/04/2022 at 10:01 AM, KC said:

@Bricky I do find they need destalking for a couple of days, I forgot last time and just ran it once I'd destalked, it does a terrible job. Couple of days off the plant (after its dried and it's spot on).

This was me last harvest season, dried for 2 weeks, destalked and spend another 2hrs finishing the trimming by hand. The TrimBag took a lot of crap off the flowers but not as much as they show on YT. 

So you reckon another 2 days in brown bags after destalking? I was thinking it wasn't dry enough if the buds still look untrimmed after 60 rotations! lol

• Like 1

@Slippy One  I'm not having much luck at the mo, my humidity is really high in my house so it'll take me a fair bit longer than 2 days at the moment. Your place might be totally different though. I had an epic failure with the trim bag today, I know it's just the drying conditions at the moment as I've done the same strain in there a good few times and she usually comes out 90% done.

I haven't ran my latest grow through the bag  it would obliterate it. the last zkittlez I did was super dense and all my mates thought it was proper cali import,  haha no my friend, its my own grown :v:

the bag is good though but yeah  super dense and dry and remove those big leaves prior

I got one that isn't the "trim bag" and it's the same

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

@KCI can destalk, brown paper bags and set the dehumidifier to 40% for 2 days. Hopefully that’ll fix it and I won’t need further hand trimming. I’ll keep ya posted 

• Like 1