Trim Bag

lennyboy

@KC @cannaboy_420 so the spin trimmers are a big no then, how do they bags work do you chop the plant hand it up to dry and then remove all the big fan leaves and pop off the buds in to the bag and shake away haha

@Bricky 

I tend to hang my plants whole if possible, if I have too many at once I have to use my racking but either way once it's dry just destalk it and take any skanky leaves off. Some people aren't fussed but I don't want any nasty yellow leaves in my trim. Inside the trimbag is a plastic mesh,  it looks like a scrog screen pretty much. The buds just rub against it and that's how it trims. I couldn't believe how effective it was for such a simple design. Check out the video on youtube.

I'm so happy with mine I'd happily recommend it to anyone.

I can't comment on the spin pro as I have never used one but it's the wet thing for me that puts me off.

Growing weed is so much easier nowadays :yes:

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

I'm in the trimbag club. Just ordered the Nassboards trim bag from the river for 130, arriving my tomo. my neck and back is gonna thank me. Will still do top buds by hand but everything else is going in.

So I left few plants to dry and wanted to throw them in bag to try it out,I removed fan leaves. Plants smell like wet dog ,I just trimmed them by hand hoping smell will go away

How in hell do you guys dry trim and get normal flavour?

1 hour ago, Herbal Kint said:

So I left few plants to dry and wanted to throw them in bag to try it out,I removed fan leaves. Plants smell like wet dog ,I just trimmed them by hand hoping smell will go away

How in hell do you guys dry trim and get normal flavour?

not used the bag yet but I normally deleaf over the final week of flower, makes it easier. then I remove all large leafs and hang the entire plant for 2 to 3 weeks, then take a branch at a time and trim off all other waste matter. buds smell sweet as cherry pie

• Like 1

Sounds like you're not drying for long enough @Herbal Kint.

Or you've got a strain that smells like wet dog :puke:

Edit- @sweettooth@sweettooth let everyone know how you get on with it, might save some people some money over the trimbag. I can't see how they'd be that different.

Edited by KC
Trim bag
  • Like 5

Soooo. Thought I would try out the trim bag by nassboards. looks the same as the trimbag apart from it uses magnets instead of clips for some parts. here's the pics

You can see the state of the plants before the trim. The inside of the bag looks like the normal trimbag from what I can tell, can someone with the real one compare?

large.1644606793812.jpg

This is after, the pic in the bottom right is all the loose trim that came off. There are certainly leafs on the buds in the upper right but still some work required to clean up. Maybe it needs a bit more drying or maybe my technique is wrong?? Anyway  certainly easier than crippling over a bowl with a pair of scissors for hours on end, I processed about 2 hours worth in 20 minutes.

large.1644606851742.jpg

Does it work better with more in it?

@KC @cannaboy_420

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 6

@sweettooth it's the exact same bag I use. I take all big fans come off, give it a spin for 20 rotations then check if it's still not done I work in 5 rotation increments from there. 

I'm on my phone at the moment I'll stick a trimmed bud pic up later. 

• Like 3

Is there much difference between the dry trim and the trimbag apart from the fact it’s half the price ? 

would love to find something which saves hours hand trimming, was talked out of buying a spin trimmer 

• Like 2

large.PXL_20220109_145522462.jpg

Premiere sweet that was run through the trim bag. I wait till the big leafs snap off cleanly when drying then run it through for 20 rotations. there was only about 2-3 ounces ran through with this but ive ran 18 oz through at once and it came out exactly the same.

• Like 5

Well I'd certainly say they look the same inside lol  Ah well it's bought now.

Just needs a bit more drying i'd say @sweettooth  Packing it in won't help, all those buds need to rub on the green mesh so maybe 8 ounces tops per run.

Edited by KC
oh just read the above ...18!!!!!
  • Like 1

Watched a few vids online, exactly the same, its not the green mesh that does the trim but the friction against the entire side of the bag. It's all down to technique and keeping the buds rotating. my 2nd and 3rd runs were better. Processed around a kilo today in less than 2 hours.... I was removing a lot more leaf before I used it this time and the results were better.

cheaper than the triminator (that's what I really want) 

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 2