Electricity used for a whole cycle?

Mission Sunset

I'm more concerned with the cost of living in other areas more than the price of my leccy, at the moment..

I went into spar yesterday and  a 1.75l bottle of cola was £3.15.... 

Im not paying that!

lol

• Like 5

@ratdog

Standard customer service levels then. Fucking mad, isn't it - where we are.....I don't know much about it, just reading this to try and get a baring on the situation.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/check-if-energy-price-cap-affects-you

I've been reading things that state a standard non fixed is better at the moment, due to this cap - but don't know if that's just a temporary thing or not, and come the incoming raises it still stands. Mainly confused, tbh.

• Like 2

Great I love growing but when things go wrong its costly cos no decent weed and you have still spent the money on electricity so it's hard but I'm keeping going for now plan autos and hps lights this time cos led don't generate enough heat and heating on 24 hours but thermostat controlled set at 25 degrees I also have twin fan controller and fans on 24 hours a day but a full grow start to finish is about £850 in electric cost alone then if plants hermied like mine you have to start all over inless you grow alot plants at same time electricity cost not worth it for 2 or 3 plants and without all correct equipment etc then I wouldn't even try cos so many things go wrong spider mite foxtailing and hermied seeds and then there's loads more things can happen light breaking fans failing just do the sums correct im on a smart meter and can watch the cost go from £1.50 a day normally for my house goes upto between £8 & £10 a day when really cold and heating on constantly good luck and happy to help if I can in any way at all 

lollol are you still here @Mission Sunset bud? Your small set up will be around 50p-60p a day, nothing to get yourself worried about there, that light you have will probably have a fan in it making it less efficient than the led's with drivers and passive heat sinks, changing that eventually will reduce your costs too.

The costs in general, @HazyDaze & @j.o.i.n.t price increases are what would be considered the norm, round about the 15p mark up to around about the 20p mark, 33% aye!

My mate tops his leccy meter key up at the shop, after the price increase news he was kicking off about how much his meter was taking compared to usual, after a bit of investigation it turned out they had sent the new rates during the top up but the standing charge, that you pay weekly, had been changed from £2.20 to £22.00 lol 1000% increase, phat fingered human error it seems lol check all you rates folks they are robbing bastards :) and only put enough water in the kettle that your going to use :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

lollol are you still here @Mission Sunset bud? Your small set up will be around 50p-60p a day, nothing to get yourself worried about there, that light you have will probably have a fan in it making it less efficient than the led's with drivers and passive heat sinks, changing that eventually will reduce your costs too.

The costs in general, @HazyDaze & @j.o.i.n.t price increases are what would be considered the norm, round about the 15p mark up to around about the 20p mark, 33% aye!

My mate tops his leccy meter key up at the shop, after the price increase news he was kicking off about how much his meter was taking compared to usual, after a bit of investigation it turned out they had sent the new rates during the top up but the standing charge, that you pay weekly, had been changed from £2.20 to £22.00 lol 1000% increase, phat fingered human error it seems lol check all you rates folks they are robbing bastards :) and only put enough water in the kettle that your going to use :)

Electric cost is really high at present and I pay between £6 & £8 a day in electric 

Edited by Grow lady

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

@Grow lady thanks, i'm considering a smart meter, i have to have the gas one changed any way as it's old and unreliable so might get them both done together

this hike is insane, and i don't have a roof i can put panels on either! grrr..

I wouldn't bother they show you how much you really spending lol

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

I'm more concerned with the cost of living in other areas more than the price of my leccy, at the moment..

I went into spar yesterday and  a 1.75l bottle of cola was £3.15.... 

Im not paying that!

lol

Everything is expensive these days hate it hard work with a teenage lad who won't have anything except designer 

It's insane, innit. Thank fuck he never had 28 hermies though, would be hearing that getting repeated till next new year ffs, small mercy's that :)

• Like 1

Literally today received my "monthly update" from my supplier and was really surprised by the increase. Definitely doesn't help when you're only growing a single plant, think I'll double up on the next run

On 02/01/2022 at 10:11 AM, Saddam said:

You pay for your electricity by Kw/h (1000 watts per hour), push the button on your electric meter until it tells you how much you're paying, iirc mine charges 14p per Kw/h.

Add up the power draw of your lights, fans, heaters etc and work it out. 

1000 watts = 14p per hour. So if you have 2000 watts of shit running it will cost 28p to run per hour. Multiply the hourly rate by the number of hours your lights and kit are switched on. 

2000 watts at 28p per hour, running 18 hours = 28p x 18 = £5.04 per day

£5.04 x 7 (days) = £35.28 per week. 

This is only an approximation but will give you a rough idea of what power consumption to expect. If you have a smart meter :fear: you could plug everything in, switch it all on and look at the daily power consumption on the digital display.  

Nice one mate. I think i have applied for a smart meter with the last three suppliers i have had. They all said they would getr back to me be never did

2 hours ago, Personunknown said:

£140ish pcm Cold old gaf in winter too:yinyang:

I like this number better. I'm deciding mine will be like this :yep:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

It's insane, innit. Thank fuck he never had 28 hermies though, would be hearing that getting repeated till next new year ffs, small mercy's that :)

They where all cuttings from the hermie so cut them all everything bleached and clean and popped 10 auto seeds till warmer 

2 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

But, I'd rather turn everything else off in the house than the groom..

Brrr, Shudders  and leaves  lol

Pretty much what im dooing

• Like 1