Electricity used for a whole cycle?

Mission Sunset

Assuming you are only growing a few plants, in a small to medium sized tent. Under L.E.D conditions, how much can you expect your electricity bill to increase monthly? Using economy 7 to its fullest

I seem to remember seeing a calculator that works it out for you, on uk420 somewhere.

Cant remember where though. Have a scan around.

• Like 1

How many Watts are you going to run and whats the tarrif on your e7 Both day and night, and i'll try and help you work it out , Pm me if you prefer:yinyang: Ps the chart in the link  is too old for Led

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Personunknown said:

How many Watts are you going to run and whats the tarrif on your e7 Both day and night, and i'll try and help you work it out , Pm me if you prefer:yinyang: Ps the chart in the link  is too old for Led

I dunno man, i just know i run the majority of the light cycle in the cheaper hours and it will be the same for the 12/12 also. I live alone, don't watch tv much, i charge devices once a day. Got fridge, cooker etc. I understand this was probably a dumb question as all households are different. I was just tyring to figure out if im going to get a monster bill next month and if its going to be the same until harvest. With this being my first time im pretty worried about it. I will know for sure by the end of next week

• Like 1

I have a 600w hps and fans/extraction/heatmats and was surprised how little it actually added compared to my fears. Last year was less than £1 a day doing 18/6 cycle

You pay for your electricity by Kw/h (1000 watts per hour), push the button on your electric meter until it tells you how much you're paying, iirc mine charges 14p per Kw/h.

Add up the power draw of your lights, fans, heaters etc and work it out. 

1000 watts = 14p per hour. So if you have 2000 watts of shit running it will cost 28p to run per hour. Multiply the hourly rate by the number of hours your lights and kit are switched on. 

2000 watts at 28p per hour, running 18 hours = 28p x 18 = £5.04 per day

£5.04 x 7 (days) = £35.28 per week. 

This is only an approximation but will give you a rough idea of what power consumption to expect. If you have a smart meter :fear: you could plug everything in, switch it all on and look at the daily power consumption on the digital display.  

• Like 7

My electric has gone from max £2 a day to £8 or £10 a day its not a cheap hobby with all heaters and equipment needed so £6 x £42 a week and £840 for the 20 week needed full grow 

Edited by Grow lady
  • Like 2

@Grow lady

Crap, isn't it. Been doing numbers of our own on utility prices, and it's not pretty.

Forecasts are another 50% raise in spring, I read not so long ago, too.. :(

• Like 1

Definitely is I have had to start again with mine has lost 28 plants hermied good luck bit the money you save buying it goes into electricity cost so it's really not cheap just better quality than street stuff 

Mine is in the loft and hard to heat up with led so I'm going back to 600w hps when seeds pop now till spring good luck but not cheap hobby and so much can go wrong like with me losing 28 plants and starting again hard work nearly gave up a few times now 

• Like 2

My whole elec with no e7 and 600+ watt lights and then extraction etc is only £140ish pcm Cold old gaf in winter too:yinyang:

• Like 3