Best way to save on electricity cost

Grow lady

@fatboy77 Balls of steel!! We’ve got a boiler inspection, been putting them off now. Our grow is ready to harvest around Xmas, maybe new year! I would let them in to do it, but the tent is in the room where the boiler is! And then there’s you… Mr no fucks given!! lol 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Potprincess said:

Wouldn’t be a problem if this country wasn’t so backwards!!

I'm sure I heard that people in Canada or somewhere that legalised it still stopped people from growing in rental properties by putting it in rental agreements or something.

9 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

I'm sure I heard that people in Canada or somewhere that legalised it still stopped people from growing in rental properties by putting it in rental agreements or something.

That’s not surprising! But at least it don’t become a police matter. Yea the landlords, estate agents could terminate your contract, might become a problem when trying to rent another property! It’s all madness, you’re allowed to have the seeds and the equipment. Soon as you germinate them seeds, that’s when it becomes illegal! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Potprincess said:

Soon as you germinate them seeds, that’s when it becomes illegal! 

What if a pipe bursts when you're out and the subsequent flooding inadvertently germinates your rare and collectible souvenir seeds? Does that make your landlord liable? lollol

• Like 2

Get a electrician and engineer to rig a exercise bike to a battery bank maybe need a alternator and other stuff.Then if you ride the power making bike it would charge the battery bank then pull the electric from them.Note I don’t know if this would work but if it did wow you would be Running less electricity and getting exercise.I think this is a really good idea.You would need to talk with a engineer and sparky but it would save a lot of messing about.peace goohfy.

@Goohfy I used to run a gym 20yrs ago and had the idea of harnessing the energy produced by people doing cardio to power the gym.  If only I had the necessaries. 

Low and behold its finally happening. 

Just now, fatboy77 said:

@Goohfy I used to run a gym 20yrs ago and had the idea of harnessing the energy produced by people doing cardio to power the gym.  If only I had the necessaries. 

Low and behold its finally happening. 

Should of saved the juice filled sweat then think how potent it would be after brewing for 20 years forget any boost nutrients.I can see it now full spectrum gear to put mass on mass.picture the tub a ripped hulk arm.bloody good idea.peace goohfy.

• Like 1

On 30/11/2021 at 4:43 PM, DutchFox said:

grow guerilla.......nothing beats the sun !!!!  :)  in cost and taste :) 

+1 you could grow 100 ounces for 100 quid with a bit of ingenuity and elbow grease. 

1 hour ago, Potprincess said:

It’s all madness, you’re allowed to have the seeds and the equipment. Soon as you germinate them seeds, that’s when it becomes illegal! 

I'm pretty sure in Austria right now you can can buy clones and veg plants, but not flower them :rofl:.

Just now, MindSoup said:

I'm pretty sure in Austria right now you can can buy clones and veg plants, but not flower them :rofl:.

Seriously? lol And there’s me thinking you can’t get more backward than the uk!! 

Even in Amsterdam you can't grow, or sell more than 5g of weed in one go, and yet every day ounces of it appear magically in coffee shop jars lol it's a joke. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, fatboy77 said:

I'd love to do this, but unfortunately myself and I'm sure quite a few others rent.  Inspections ruin that party. 

I run perpetual harvests with separate veg and flower tents, and I'm in a rented gaff. If the inspection date isn't convenient for me, then I'll tell the letting agent that I'm working away so need to change the date (usually to when the previous crop has been dried and jarred, and the current plants are still in early veg and flower), and then I stick all plants and equipment in the garage with a big tarp over them (they don't check in the garage anyway), and then rebuild the grow immediately after the inspection is done to minimise disruption to the plants.

It ain't easy, but it's certainly doable if ya determined enough to keep growing :yep:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I rent and have to make the most of small areas last year I even had the yearly electrical check but I just never let him go in the bedroom I am struggling to reach my targets in smaller areas aswell 

Having my lights on at night time hours has saved me having to buy a heat tube yet. I only have a 60x60 in the warmest room of the house so might aswell harness it lol

• Like 1