Best way to save on electricity cost

Grow lady

Growing autos means you have to have lights on for longer, a photo in flower only needs 12 hours a day light. If heat is a problem then running lights on 20/4 ( a normal auto set up) helps keep heating costs down but if not going all photos would be a huge saving for you.

Something else that might help but I've not seen discussed here much lately is called the Gas Lantern Routine which according to the post Linked below can save 35% to 50% on costs.

As a relative new comer with a set up that could easily grow higher numbers,I'd urge you to be wary of doing so .The guidelines to magistrates posted here some years back suggested upto 9 plants was a slapped wrist,9-23  would land you a smacked botty and over 23 they start treating you as if you are a branch of the Meddelin Cartel . Stay at 5 per tent would be my advice and good luck with your grow.

:smokin:

Gumbo.

Edited by lildaveham
Remove offsite link
  • Like 6

On 11/30/2021 at 3:31 PM, Green Gremlin said:

£10 a day to run that set up dont seem to expensive to me, especially since all the energy price hikes.

I get through nearly that amount daily without a grow on, that is thanks to storage heaters, hot water heating, washing machine etc

The weed you crop will soon make up for the £10 a day, look at it as that £10 would only be a gram of street weed.

I would rather pay £10 a day leccy and have a monster haul of weed, compared to buying £10 grams of shite.

True that is exactly why I decided to grow myself I spend loads a week at present but when first lot comes down I won't mind the 50 extra a week just hard paying both for now if you get me 

• Like 2

The question, I think, you're better off asking, is 'how can I grow more efficiently?'. Environment first, get it right, then lights at the right place, then dial in the nutes. Run a clone/mother area and get plants up and rooted so you can use higher energy lights for somewhat more productive growth. That would be my advice.

• Like 1

Harvest every 6 weeks?

Either you are picking your bud way too early or have found yourself an awesome early finishing pheno.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

Harvest every 6 weeks?

Either you are picking your bud way too early or have found yourself an awesome early finishing pheno.

Ni I have 2 areas I have long flowering photos g13 haze and I turn 4/6 plants every 6 weeks so 2 or 3 different size in same area if you get me 

• 2 weeks later...

@Grow lady Would you not consider down grading your equipment! Smaller tents, smaller lights, fans etc. Me and my o/h have a 80x80x180 tent with a 200w lumatek attis, with a 6 inch rvk fan wired to a variac controller, a small oil filled radiator and two fans. Our electric is about £3 a day, give or take! We have a smaller tent for clones and seedlings, it’s about a metre tall and a metre squared. The idea we have is to put the 200w led light dimmed down in that and use that to start plants off. The big tent will be getting a 350w scopeX and will be growing sea of green! Up to 25 plants, with that set up you could easily achieve 8+ ounces every  6-8 weeks! While cutting the electric down a little bit! 
The way me and the o/h have worked it out could be wrong. And of course it goes with experience too, but it’s definitely achievable! 
ETA  

That second tent won’t always be in use either! 

Edited by Potprincess
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Potprincess said:

@Grow lady Would you not consider down grading your equipment! Smaller tents, smaller lights, fans etc. Me and my o/h have a 80x80x180 tent with a 200w lumatek attis, with a 6 inch rvk fan wired to a variac controller, a small oil filled radiator and two fans. Our electric is about £3 a day, give or take! We have a smaller tent for clones and seedlings, it’s about a metre tall and a metre squared. The idea we have is to put the 200w led light dimmed down in that and use that to start plants off. The big tent will be getting a 350w scopeX and will be growing sea of green! Up to 25 plants, with that set up you could easily achieve 8+ ounces every  6-8 weeks! While cutting the electric down a little bit! 
The way me and the o/h have worked it out could be wrong. And of course it goes with experience too, but it’s definitely achievable! 
ETA  

That second tent won’t always be in use either! 

Hi there thanks for your comments I have 2 areas and both areas have around 5/10 plants at a time the flower area has 2 different size plants and so does the veg area I try to turn 4/6 plants every 6 weeks and love G13 haze but she's a long flowering plant so 12 weeks waiting for her but hopefully I be bringing 4/6 decent plants down every 6 weeks and have plenty to smoke good luck with your grow and I need to get a new light cos both mine old and marshydro is 1600w and pulling 725w and the king plus is in veg area it's got fans and filters and heating but I will manage for now see how it goes and change things has I need to thanks again 

@Grow lady If I was worried about electric, I’d stay away from the long flowering strains, until you have some jars filled! And autos, autos are great from what I’ve seen, big yields etc. but the environment and everything else has to be perfect from day one! Smaller set ups, done properly will make you self sufficient, without the cost that comes with it! All the best with your grow! 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Potprincess said:

@Grow lady If I was worried about electric, I’d stay away from the long flowering strains, until you have some jars filled!

Create a perpetual harvest and then you will never worry about flowing times again. 

You will need a seperate veg area but worth it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Thai Stick said:

Create a perpetual harvest and then you will never worry about flowing times again. 

I'd love to do this, but unfortunately myself and I'm sure quite a few others rent.  Inspections ruin that party. 

Just now, Thai Stick said:

Yea definitely worth it. The way we are going, is another tent. When the main tent is a week away from harvest, start another lot then they’ll have the weeks growth from the main tent plus the drying time. In theory they’ll have about three weeks veg before going in to the main tent! If you’ve got short flowering strains then the turn around is even better!! 

Just now, fatboy77 said:

I'd love to do this, but unfortunately myself and I'm sure quite a few others rent.  Inspections ruin that party. 

Wouldn’t be a problem if this country wasn’t so backwards!! So how do you grow? As much as you can in a six month period? Or a grow then wait for inspection dates? 

• Like 2

Just now, Potprincess said:

So how do you grow? As much as you can in a six month period? Or a grow then wait for inspection dates? 

I take the piss these days but it's not for everyone.  Last inspection I still had two ops running.  I used to have a thread about optimising the 6 month grow cycle.  Now I'm just balls out.  I'm still prepared to clear house if absolutely necessary though, so perpetual is too much of a gamble.