Best way to save on electricity cost

Grow lady

Its cost money to grow weed, its just one of them things. You need to work out how much you're producing, vs how much its costing, vs how much you're saving on not buying street weed and then decide whether its worth your time.

If you've already done that, then you need to look at stuff like insulation, LEDS, EC fans, efficient heating options etc anything you can to shave the watts off where you can. You can go down a rabbit hole with it if you let yourself, but ultimately if you need X amount of bud, and that requires Y amount of space and Z amount of light then you're paying for it.

• Like 12

Just now, Grow lady said:

Hi can anyone help me out my electric is costing me around £10 a day and it's a killer is there anyway to save electric 

If anyone can answer that question then we would all be paying less.

You will be best telling all why it's costing you £10 a day and maybe you will get some tips?

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

If anyone can answer that question then we would all be paying less.

You will be best telling all why it's costing you £10 a day and maybe you will get some tips?

I'm running 2 areas and 2 1500w led lights with heating and fans filters sms fan controller its a big setup 

Just now, Grow lady said:

I'm running 2 areas and 2 1500w led lights with heating and fans filters sms fan controller its a big setup 

Just now, GSZZ said:

Its cost money to grow weed, its just one of them things.

Yeah 3kw of lighting, and then everything else, electricity costs money if you arent prepared to drop a tenner a day on powering all that I'd considering sacking it lol

• Like 21

@Grow lady

Wow I can see why? 3Kw +

If this is a personal grow then I assume you smoke a lot or are you making edibles? Maybe do one grow a year if it satisfies your needs or do you continually grow?

• Like 2

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

@Grow lady

Wow I can see why? 3Kw +

If this is a personal grow then I assume you smoke a lot or are you making edibles? Maybe do one grow a year if it satisfies your needs or do you continually grow?

No I love growing im ok paying I do continually grow turn 5 plants every 6 weeks

£10 a day to run that set up dont seem to expensive to me, especially since all the energy price hikes.

I get through nearly that amount daily without a grow on, that is thanks to storage heaters, hot water heating, washing machine etc

The weed you crop will soon make up for the £10 a day, look at it as that £10 would only be a gram of street weed.

I would rather pay £10 a day leccy and have a monster haul of weed, compared to buying £10 grams of shite.

• Like 9

Just now, GSZZ said:

Yeah 3kw of lighting,

The draw on these lights is much lower...(not up to dialaduck standards mate...)

The op says she needs about 1oz a week so why such a huge space I can't figure out, she has another thread running with the same questions.

I've asked all the relevant questions re her set up and as yet have had no answer...and now this thread...

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, stu914 said:

The draw on these lights is much lower...(not up to dialaduck standards mate...)

The op says she needs about 1oz a week so why such a huge space I can't figure out, she has another thread running with the same questions.

I've asked all the relevant questions re her set up and as yet have had no answer...and now this thread...

sorry if you think I'm silly I'm new and learning I have a big set up 2 area 1 veg 1 flowers and I have between 5 and 10 plants in each and I'm not complaining about the cost just asking what other think to the amount it's just expensive these days and I know I will get my rewards once some plants come down and at present I have 5 autos in the veg area with my cuttings I try to turn 5 plants every 6 weeks and production line them if you get me I smoke about a oz a week and at present buying it so cant wait to get my rewards soon also my lights are decent mars hydro 1600w I have 3 hps 600w but find them rubbish compared the the led one and mine draws around 725w the pull is 

Edited by Grow lady

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

Never good to say you get money back when plants come down , mainly as it’s a self sufficient site .

That's what I ment I be saving lots I don't sell it I smoke over a oz a week and my daughter smoke it also so save that way I ment 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, stu914 said:

sorry if you think I'm silly I'm new and learning I have a big set up 2 area 1 veg 1 flowers and I have between 5 and 10 plants in each and I'm not complaining about the cost just asking what other think to the amount it's just expensive these days and I know I will get my money back once some plants come down and at present I have 5 autos in the veg area with my cuttings I try to turn 5 plants every 6 weeks and production line them if you get me I smoke about a oz a week and at present buying it so cant wait to get my rewards soon 

1 hour ago, Grow lady said:

Hi can anyone help me out my electric is costing me around £10 a day and it's a killer is there anyway to save electric 

grow guerilla.......nothing beats the sun !!!!  :)  in cost and taste :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 8