Jeff Ditchfield

MS?MJ!

Oh ffs i only met Jeff once at a undisclosed smoking establishment. 

He was full of passion for cannabis and helping people with cannabis. 

He came across as genuine to me .

Even though I only had the pleasure meet him once that memory will stay with me .

Rip Jeff.  

• Like 7

Having followed Jeff's work on facebook for years I can say that it was truly humbling to see his selfless devotion in helping the sick, especially children, to cure their ills, relieve their pain, or just to give them a glimmer of hope. I've always admired his no nonsense approach to naysayers and his transparency in what he did. May he rest in peace :yinyang:

• Like 8

Likewise. I never knew him , but his posts on these boards were really so useful at the time. And his books and of course films.  For sure made a difference in his life. 

I hope he receives the recognition he deserves. Just a thought but has anyone reached out to the broadsheets. He certainly deserves an obituary. 

rip. 

• Like 4

His politics were in my opinion admirable ,well ,on the same hymn sheet generally except he'd more time for people he didn't even know . He didn't like it when the site changed format ,updated , and it took a bit of getting used to . I actually assumed over ten years ago that Jeff was in the legal trade ,a clerk or solicitor . The sign over the shop in Rhyl , quoted from a councillor ,as it ''Beggars belief '' .

That's a great picture of him next to Lee Scratch Perry ,who also had great time for people and pictures . I witnessed that outside a venue but only stayed for a few tunes ,niche audience and he rarely filled a small venue . 

• Like 6

Just popped by to add that Jeff was very generous with his time and money. He made a four figure donation to a charity I am connected with, which has nothing to do with canna, didn't ask for an acknowledgement or anything.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, pezzie said:

This is sad news to read. My condolences to his family and friends.
I could be mistaken but I'm sure there was a thread years ago here about what songs will you have played at your funeral and Danzig said 3 x The Birdie Song. I hope that happens for him 

You weren't mistaken!:

I hope whoever arranges the funeral sees this!

• Like 12

I was just about to post a message here but something about this isn't sitting right. 

@MS?MJ! are you a close friend of his? The only information I have about his death is taken from this site which was posted on social media. 

Jeff's Facebook profile is empty, the last post he made was on the 21st November about an alleged scam associated with Chris Bovey and there's posts on there from Jeff about people impersonating him on Facebook.

Again apologies to make a post like this, it just seems a bit odd how no-one has posted anything to his social media. 

Edited by lildaveham
Removed malware link
  • Like 2

@soto that link is a malware linked page , i get what your saying though.  Budbuddies made a post not sure if he was still affiliated?

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 1

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

@soto that link is a malware linked page , i get what your saying though.  Budbuddies made a post not sure if was still affiliated?

Ah okay, I see it. Apologies. 

I mistakenly thought it was called Project Storm now. Turns out it's this. Jeff's last post was promoting Project Storm page on Facebook.

Edited by soto
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, soto said:

I was just about to post a message here but something about this isn't sitting right. 

it's 100% correct

23 minutes ago, soto said:

@MS?MJ! are you a close friend of his?

yes she was

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, soto said:

Soto you also need to bare in mind that a genetic heart condition ran in Jeffs family so it has quite possibly been that it has got him as well. Nothing amiss with MS?MJ! posting this news either.

Just very very sad. Had a lot of love for Jeff. Gave me no end of advice at one point when I was coping with a loss and dealing with it in all the wrong ways.

Pretty shocking; for someone I never met. I read a lot about him via here. I wouldn't have known who he was or what was going on in that part of the world without being here. He was from a different world to me and I always found it quite astonishing what he was up to.

Best wishes to family and friends.

• Like 9

Not much I can add that no one else has already, other than he'd the coolest fucking avatar I'd ever seen. 

Rest easy, bud.

• Like 6