Tegridy Farms

The beginning.

Firstly, thank you to @Seedstockers-Mark and the rest of the seedstockers team for putting this comp together, and to @Joolz and everyone that plays a part in running this place. Massively appreciated. :notworthy:

large.BD40C835-C283-4CF0-AEFD-5DDDD894CAC0.jpeg

The set-up.

• DR60 grow tent (60x60x180)

• Lumatek Attis 200 (240w on full power)
• AC infinity cloud line s4 (4”)
• Mountain air (4”)
• x3 air circulation fans (multiple brands)

The plan.

Il be growing in clover multi purpose compost, and feeding with canna terra nutrients.

At the moment I’m undecided whether to use my blumats or not…:g:…I probably will.

Im going to grow x5 wedding glue and x4 Bruce banner, all in pot noodle pots. So the plan is to have 9 (3x3) in total.

Il keep the pots simple.

large.868BA0F0-54AB-41D2-9D74-C705C0CEB576.jpeg

Germination (13-11-21).

large.A8667F2A-9252-4076-A55B-E58C83D78CAD.jpeglarge.9EAD04B1-A5D1-4879-ADB7-E22C02FB1054.jpeglarge.234CB0C4-8E17-48A2-A4FB-215011E9A11C.jpeg

Seeds were placed into two separate shot cups of lukewarm tap water, and left for several hours.

large.30120567-2298-47E3-8D19-E80EF61DD4FE.jpeg

They were then transferred to a seedling tray filled with clover, as sprayed with tap water and rhizotonic (4ml/l).

large.041FAC5A-4867-44E7-8A5C-E4CAF39EC7CB.jpeg

I put the lid on, and placed them in the airing cupboard until they broke surface.

The lid was then removed and they were put under a household cfl in a makeshift growbox (large cardboard box), as my main tent was full of my last crop, taking longer to dry than expected.

Somehow, I’ve managed to lose the pics of them breaking ground.

They had about 5-6 days under the cfl, before I was able to put them in the main tent. And in that time they grew a little leggy. Nothing that can’t be managed.

Here’s the seedlings now, 2 weeks after germination.

large.1DE9CAFE-7E6E-4E53-9187-062CD0B53911.jpeglarge.ECC4E5F9-4907-4E7C-810B-246FADF815A2.jpeglarge.79D7C853-1A5C-412D-8C67-118BE9D68717.jpeg

Today, 27-11-21, we’ll call this end of week 1 (veg). I’ll update at least once per week.

I’ll give them a few more days to root out, and then transfer to the noodle pots.

Until then, good luck to everyone competing, and thanks for checking out the diary.

Thanks again mark, I’ve been looking forwards to this for a long time. It’s good to have you back buddy.

Atb,

Tegs.

Edited by Tegridy Farms
  • Like 18

That Bruce banner sounds nice.

cant help but feel 9 noodles is cheating a bit tegs, but considering you actually had to eat 9 pot noodles in order to do it I feel it’s all ok.

true dedication To the challenge so to speak (especially since you are going to go through an all together different pot noodle challenge when they decide to come back out. it may be a solo challenge but it’ll be equally as tough).

• Like 9

@Whatwentwrong

large.F18CA2C9-61E2-4049-87BB-1E4973F7C06B.jpeg

All within the rules my friend. Your just jealous cos you didn’t think of it lol 

@growinggold

Thank you bud. There’s a jar of glue and a jar of limelock, roll one of each and get comfy.

@Newcouch

Thanks mate. Easier to do 9 noodles than do 2 big ones, 2 noodles. That way I haven’t got to faff about lifting plants etc.

@KC

I must admit, after payin 70p per pot noodle, which is a bargain for a king size, normally on offer for a £1, I felt the need to eat as many as humanly possible. I made the mrs eat one, and the little one had one, the remaining curry got binned. Even though this was spread out over a month, I doubt I will ever eat another pot noodle.

• Like 6

I'll just retreat and watch the big lads rock some kick ass bizness.... Hoping to learn some lessons following this badger.... :skin_up:

• Like 3

@Whatwentwrong
I tried to colour coordinate them. 5 chicken & mushroom (the only flavour I actually like…or liked) for the wedding glue, and everything else for the banners. My local shop didn’t have any bad boys in, so I went with 2 curry (it doesn’t taste like it smells and the mango sauce got thrown in the bin, along with the contents of the second curry one) and beef and tomato (was alright until I added the tomato sauce, then it got binned).

@Idicanna jones
crack on buddy, we all have good grows and bad ones. Always learning, even after years of growing, there’s loads of stuff I don’t know about. If I were to try full hydro, it would be like learning to grow again.

• Like 4

Hey tegridy, 

Love the detail and quality you've gone to on the diary so far. All the best brother. 

Oh and one more thing... 

Oh, no. Sorry. I don't want my Tegridy Bud put in those pussy sticks

• Like 3