Silica products

DastardlyDick

Just now, zen-ken said:

Then surely all soil growers would coughing their lungs up on shite weed ?

I mean if we're talking about growing in the actual earth, and not a potting mix, then I genuinely don't know. An educated guess would be that hydroponic silicon products, the amount we apply, and the frequency in which we apply it, probably ends up in higher tissue concentration amounts in the final product than those of plants grown in actual earth (kinda like the whole phospherous thing)

I was gonna say that there is probably some limiting uptake function too when growing in the earth, bacteria or something. Not self limiting from the plants perspective otherwise there would be a certain PPM concentration to adhere to otherwise it'd be a waste of money when applying silicon in nutrient solutions, but thats not the case so who knows?

• Like 2

"this is huge for cannabis silica S-I-L-I-C-A....all those little trichomes in cannabis, are full of silica on the leafs and more than other crops cannabis benefits from silica."

Dr Bruce Bugby - maximising cannabis yields

https://manicbotanix.com/silicon-in-hydroponics/

In my very very limited understanding the amount of time the plant needs to process the silicon is the problem ?

hence cutting it early to not leave residual in the plant and that shitty taste :puke: ?

• Like 4

Just now, catweazle1 said:

@zen-ken In that list of benefits, most of them don't concern us as indoor growers where we have more control over the environment.

True....but to me in a recycling system with plants packed in, that are not selected for disease resistance, the benefits that do help are worth the hassle :yep:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the input, I think I’m going to avoid for now being that it’s only my second grow. Keep things simple I guess

• Like 1

Was thinking maybe squeeze half a tube on to my grow medium then see how they respond has anyone tried over half a tube? So many brands out there as well erm probably just go for the clear stuff any ideas would be most welcome  peace.goohfy.

i use silicone in every single rdwc grow i do.

its one nutrient i wouldnt grow without.

ive used most brands and growth technology gets my vote

i just use it because it works. i dont use big dilution rates, probably 0.5ml per litre, if that. and only during veg and weeks 1-2 of bloom.

it definitely helps the plants imho.

i dont bother reading canna science reports, because , in the past ive found less bullshit spread on fields in May then in half of these so called youtube/growshop "experts" interpretations of plant botany and science.

make of that what you will.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

Mammoth P have brought out a new Silica product that looks interesting :yep:

A more balanced NPK ratio to it rather than adding shit tons of K 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GSZZ said:

Steady on @zen-ken it might have loads of arsenic and lead in it lol

lol

I was thinking, its pre PH'd potassium silicate isn't it ? for people that don't want to PH down first...then add potassium silicate ?

I must admit the lazy aspect of it really appeals to me.....Ill find the sheet that lists the lead and arsenic like last time lol 

• Like 4