Silica products

DastardlyDick

I do notice a difference with plant magic silicon - stronger branches and plants.  I use it maybe once a week in veg at 1/4-1/2 ml per litre if i remember too and for the first 2 weeks of flower at the latest at up to about about 1ml - a 1/2 litre bottle lasts a long time (year plus for me) if you use it sparingly - other than basic veg/bloom nutes and a bit of epsons/calmag its about the only other extra along with granules i think is worth it - ah yes i do use a bit of maxicrop but i use that on normal plants in pots as well so not really a grow room specific thing.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 3

I definitely see a difference for training, it also makes it easier to bend the stem if you got strong branches that are likely to snap. I use Buddha tree solor green power 

• Like 2

Sorry @zen-ken I should have paid more attention to being in the Hydro section ffs. I've had one of those letters from SpecSavers to say I'm an overdue an eye test and I think they are right ;)

• Like 2

Always used to use Growth Technology Ionic Silicon, thought it was ok. Then Mills were doing a free give away at my local hydro store. Shout out to Addloes. The mills reps were saying how shit the Potassium Silicates were and recommended the silicic acid products which led me to start using Buddah Tres Solar Green. I then went over to  Grow Genius Mono Silicic acid as the mono variant was touted as better  - its all about molecule sizes.

To be fair, I haven't noticed much difference between all 3. The only exception is the silicic acids you use much less as its potent stuff. The Grow genius is expensive but u only use 0.6ml per 20 Litres of water. The bottle lasts ages. I do think the plants look healthier as silicon can protect against excess transpiration and other illnesses (so all the websites say??). Its always in my arsenal and Ill continue to use it, especially in coco, maybe not so much if i was growing in dirt

I just went on to the website of GG and it seems he took my problem of the 'bubble bath' and answered it in FAQs

I was putting Cal mag in tho....I was putting the GG in last because he assured me it wouldn't precipitate out.

mmmmmmm.....tbf the girls didn't mind the bubble bath as I recall lollollol 

• Like 1

For the comments about it creating stronger branches, I just shake them everyday... that mimics wind, breaks fibres and makes stiffer scar tissue and  hence branches. In truth, I just feel I can do without it.

• Like 5

Just now, catweazle1 said:

I just shake them everyday... that mimics wind, breaks fibres and makes stiffer scar tissue and  hence branches.

Also helps your plant to create ethelyne gas which helps them to grow more compact :yep:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Also helps your plant to create ethelyne gas which helps them to grow more compact :yep:

I fucking love this shit, I did not know this :bong:

• Like 3

Studies in Australia showed that crops fed with bio-silicon were able to withstand longer periods of drought, but I'm not sure our well tended plants inside enclosed tents need much silicon..Unless you plan to water less? 

Edited by Slippy One
Spelling - thanks @zen-ken lol
  • Like 3

Just now, Slippy One said:

Studies in Australia showed that crops fed with bio silicone were able to withstand longer periods of drought, but I'm not sure our well tended plants inside enclosed tents need much silicone..Unless you plan to water less? 

silicone is for the bathroom bro 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry....... I just couldn't resist 

• Like 3

Just now, zen-ken said:

Or boob and butt jobs :) 

• Like 2

Just now, zen-ken said:

I mean sand really :yep:

• Like 1

@Slippy One Silicon to me seems more of a growers aid for less than favourable conditions like the one you mentioned, I agree that our well looked after and well watered cannabis plants don't need it, they're not in unfavourable conditions for a start.

The other thing is, the whole idea of growing cannabis under lights is to keep it photosynthesising for maximum biomass and secondary metabolites production, feeding silicon to reduce water loss sounds like a reduction in transpiration, a reduction in co2 uptake, a reduction of photon energy capture... you see where this is going.

And thats before we even start going into the reduced quality, and possible lung health consequence from inhaling silicon enforced plant cells.

• Like 8

Just now, GSZZ said:

And thats before we even start going into the reduced quality, and possible lung health consequence from inhaling silicon enforced plant cells.

Then surely all soil growers would coughing their lungs up on shite weed ?

I agree with PEG400 stabilised products don't sound none to appealing to smoke and I'm sure I can taste it if run too far into flower.

• Like 1