Curing with sugar leaf intact

Revive

How do my fellow grow buddys.. always been a wet trimmer for many years well all of of my growing life but trying something a little diff this season to save the hours of back breaking boring wet trimming my buds.. the new method is just a rough trim onsite then hung as is in the dry room.. now the plan was to tidy up the buds before they hit the jars but I really don't have the time on my hands for this either.. now I have tried a few buds and found it really quite easy to pick of the sugar leaf as I go so now im thinking why don't I just cure it like it is.. save the agg and faff. I can even spend an hour here and there to do a few ready for the weeks medicine.. so wanting some opinions from you time served dry trimmers as to what your take is on curing with the sugar leaf intact..   big thanks in advance :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 4

I cure with all sugar leaves intact. When I'm ready to vape to remove the leaves into a small shake box. When fullish a few mins shaking and I get some lovely kief. Leaf then goes in big jar. When jar full I qwiso the lot for some ok concentrate.

• Like 3

I do exactly this.

I am lazy af when it comes to trimming. 

Gave up giving a fuck about jars of perfectly trimmed bud ages ago around the same point my tent got bigger and had more weed than I could shake a stick at. 

Fuck hand trimming a key of weed a time........especially wet trimming .fuck that for a game 

Edit. Most of my mums tend to be pretty easy trimmers with little leaf on anyway. Outdoor bud might rile even the laxidasical me 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

I cure with all sugar leaves intact. When I'm ready to vape to remove the leaves into a small shake box. When fullish a few mins shaking and I get some lovely kief. Leaf then goes in big jar. When jar full I qwiso the lot for some ok concentrate.

Thanks for the input dude.. was worried it may effect the taste of the bud with those leaves in there :yep:

• Like 3

Someone gave me a tip for removing dry sugar leaves the other day, use a silicon basting brush. Apparently it makes it effortless although I worry it would knock a lot of trichs off. Could be a handy time saver pre jars or just a handy thing to have on the rolling tray to help clean them off once cured.

• Like 2

I like to cure my headstash with the sugar leaves on, to keep the buds in the best possible condition, but most of my general daily smoking weed gets trimmed up when dry. 

I think the only real benefit to trimming is having more material for hash runs, but that does make it worth the effort to me. I am pretty lazy tho, so anything that's too much hassle to trim usually just ends up getting hashed as is. 

• Like 2

The terps are well preserved with sugar leaf intact. All big fans removed but I leave everything else and call it a rasta trim. If you have a spare £275, you can tumble them sugar leaves off in a Trim Bag, but who's got 275 spare?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Someone gave me a tip for removing dry sugar leaves the other day, use a silicon basting brush. Apparently it makes it effortless although I worry it would knock a lot of trichs off. Could be a handy time saver pre jars or just a handy thing to have on the rolling tray to help clean them off once cured.

Yeah I read that.. I think it was @Shumroom that uses the baking brush.. yeah I worry that would knockoff the trichs too.. tbh took about 1min to hand pick them off a few buds.. no drama for me that :yep:

• Like 1

I can't see why there would be any problem leaving the sugar leaves on for the cure, it's better to leave the buds intact really I'd think. I must admit I do like the buds to look tidy, I know that won't affect the final consumption be it eating/vaping/smoking. I go to all that trouble of growing it so I want it to be as good as I can get it.

I do love my trim though, I seem to make loads of it. Not done a bubblehash run for ages now, I've still got a few grams from the last batch, I mostly use the trim for making green dragon now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

The terps are well preserved with sugar leaf intact. All big fans removed but I leave everything else and call it a rasta trim. If you have a spare £275, you can tumble them sugar leaves off in a Trim Bag, but who's got 275 spare?

Been looking at them trim bins mate.. but for 275 ill pick them off myself lol

Sweet slips :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

Just now, KC said:

I mostly use the trim for making green dragon now. 

Its just a time thing for me right now dude.. plus id be sitting inside a tent in a lockup in me smalls for hours trying to get that done.. I figure I'll spend an hour or so here and there to get some nugs tidied up for the weeks meds :yep:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bubbles Depot said:

I like to cure my headstash with the sugar leaves on, to keep the buds in the best possible condition, but most of my general daily smoking weed gets trimmed up when dry. 

I think the only real benefit to trimming is having more material for hash runs, but that does make it worth the effort to me. I am pretty lazy tho, so anything that's too much hassle to trim usually just ends up getting hashed as is. 

Makes sense really..whats the point of trimming shit thats gonna go to hash anyway.. I have the same approach this season.. gonna just grab and freeze the smalls airy nugs for when I'm ready to do a run :yep:

1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

I do exactly this.

I am lazy af when it comes to trimming. 

Gave up giving a fuck about jars of perfectly trimmed bud ages ago around the same point my tent got bigger and had more weed than I could shake a stick at. 

Fuck hand trimming a key of weed a time........especially wet trimming .fuck that for a game 

Edit. Most of my mums tend to be pretty easy trimmers with little leaf on anyway. Outdoor bud might rile even the laxidasical me 

Sweet BPB.. guess there is no point making hard work of it if it doesn't effect the cure.. yeah wet trimming does my fukung nut in.. just so tedious :yep:  the feedback im getting here seem favourable to leave them on.. suits me sir

I use a silicone baking brush to dry trim nowadays. If done correctly you shouldn't lose any of your resin heads on the actual bud. The aim is to just catch the sugar leaves with it, the bristles shouldn't ever contact the bud. You just use it to pull the sugar leaves back "against the grain" so to speak. E2A: sometimes you can't avoid it and it will contact you bud but just do your best to avoid it as much as possible. Any kind of trim method will degrade the quality of your bud to an extent, all you can do is minimise it as much as possible.

I collect way less "trimmers hash" from the bristles of the brush than I used to get when I used scissors so based on that I'd say it preserves your resin heads.

Edited by NezA
  • Like 3

Sweet NezA.. I cant get my head round how this makes it so easy but ill grab 1 and give it atry perhaps.. I have no idea what these look like mind.. any make? Where do you get these dude?