Attic Grow - First Timer

RonSwanson69

large.IMG-20210527-WA0000_resized.jpeg

4 minutes ago, RonSwanson69 said:

Hey there, that's interesting - i had considered utilising the rafters in some way, but worried it would be outwith my skillset as I'm not super experienced with DIY... maybe I need to just nut up since it would allow for more grow space...

Lol, my first attempt at a DIY build consisted of a big roll of Gorilla tape, cheap wood screws and 3 metal coathangers to keep everything together.

Edited by NathanW
Adding image
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NathanW said:

large.IMG-20210527-WA0000_resized.jpeg

Lol, my first attempt at a DIY build consisted of a big roll of Gorilla tape, cheap wood screws and 3 metal coathangers to keep everything together.

Haha amazing! I don't suppose you have any pics of the setup using the rafters?

My beams are 110cm so I bought a 120x60x120cm tent and chopped her down to size.

LST pays dividends, it'll keep your canopy low and increase yields.

You've plenty of room to work with there - wish I had that extra 35cm!

large.20201231_130922_resize_76_compress33.jpglarge.20210114_235215_resize_25_compress47.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, superfruit said:

My beams are 110cm so I bought a 120x60x120cm tent and chopped her down to size.

LST pays dividends, it'll keep your canopy low and increase yields.

You've plenty of room to work with there - wish I had that extra 35cm!

large.20201231_130922_resize_76_compress33.jpglarge.20210114_235215_resize_25_compress47.jpg

Hey, that's great to hear - and your plants look great! what light did you use?

• Like 1

Just now, RonSwanson69 said:

Hey, that's great to hear - and your plants look great! what light did you use?

For this (1st grow) I used a 400w hps. The 2nd grow a 250w hps and now my current grow is a Par+ Pro 240 LED from the site sponsor @Ledgrowlights-Adam. Highly recommend contacting them if you want LED.

Current ongoing LED grow:

large.20210924_081815.jpglarge.20210924_081547.jpglarge.20210924_081055.jpglarge.20210924_081719.jpglarge.20210924_080923.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, superfruit said:

For this (1st grow) I used a 400w hps. The 2nd grow a 250w hps and now my current grow is a Par+ Pro 240 LED from the site sponsor @Ledgrowlights-Adam. Highly recommend contacting them if you want LED.

Current ongoing LED grow:

large.20210924_081815.jpglarge.20210924_081547.jpglarge.20210924_081055.jpglarge.20210924_081719.jpglarge.20210924_080923.jpg

Looks great man, this is all very inspiring. Now that I'm seeing the price of LEDs, I'm wondering if I might be better off starting with a 600 watt HPS...

Ok... there's been a development :D

I just bought the BOGOF Scopex 250W LEDs from the sponsor...

I realise this is probably a bit hasty, but what can I say... I didn't wanna miss out.

Someone please say these will be ok? Please? lol

• Like 2

@RonSwanson69 the scopex is a good light for sure, they're recommend for an 80x80 for flowering so you could go for an 80x160 which to be fair is a really decent size. Maybe build a smaller veg space next to it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

What you want to do is cut out a few of those awkward horizontal timbers and get some more headroom . 

Hey, I think I'd need to get planning permission to do that, so would like to avoid it for now if possible :yep:

Just now, RonSwanson69 said:

Hey, I think I'd need to get planning permission to do that, so would like to avoid it for now if possible :yep:

Nah ,sure you're not constructing anything but deconstructing ,just a little . Some scotch tape ought to stop any wavy behaviour in the roof structure itself . Get a 2lb sledge and you'll thank me later . 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Nah ,sure you're not constructing anything but deconstructing ,just a little . Some scotch tape ought to stop any wavy behaviour in the roof structure itself . Get a 2lb sledge and you'll thank me later . 

You sir have a can-do attitude lol

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

@RonSwanson69 the scopex is a good light for sure, they're recommend for an 80x80 for flowering so you could go for an 80x160 which to be fair is a really decent size. Maybe build a smaller veg space next to it. 

Hey, thanks for the info - The idea of having seperate tents still kinda confuses me to be honest. Will need to look into this more :yep:

Haha yeah definitely don't start chopping bits of your roof out lol. As for the separate tents thing, it's not 100% necessary, you can happily just do one run after another in one space. But most growers tend to eventually end up with 2 spaces, one for 18/6 i.e. vegetative growth and keeping mother plants and another bigger space for 12/12 i.e. flowering. The benefits being the fact you can keep special plants as mothers for taking clones and also having plants ready to flower as soon as one batch is finished. Some people opt for a 3rd drying space as well. 

For now I'd say just build a space for the 2 scopex, and get a grow or 2 under you're belt with the idea of expanding at a later date. 

• Like 2