Potting up- Why?

Cajafiesta

I suppose if you`re worried about wet roots ,and heavy soil it`s probably best to use a smaller pot for the last pot ,not a small pot but just not very large and err on the side of dry rather than very wet . The plants will let you know when they`re dry . I have used heavy compost and was fooled by the weight of the pot ,and assumed some plants were slightly overwatered ,slow to recover but they were dry ,just deceptive .

I have potted on in stages and grown in a single pot from the start .There's many variables ,as they say here ! If you used some of that sandy and heavy John Innes or Jacks Magic then it'd be better to use a smaller pot . With a lighter mix it's more forgiving . If you over water with coco they're slower to recover ,and harder to leach ,just from my experience starting seed and stunting the seedling .

Clones don't have a tap root ! Sorry for being pedantic .

I lost a clone today actually ,couldn't figure out why until I puled it up when it definitely died ,there was a nematode chomping on the base of the stem ,just as it had started to take root . 

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

Cannabis roots like it deep innit boyo

lol

Good to see you back getting  bites, makes me laugh aye.

lollol

i`ll rid the fukas bach with the neem oil i`ll huff + puff + blow they gaff up lol

18 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

I suppose if you`re worried about wet roots ,and heavy soil it`s probably best to use a smaller pot for the last pot ,not a small pot but just not very large and err on the side of dry rather than very wet . The plants will let you know when they`re dry . I have used heavy compost and was fooled by the weight of the pot ,and assumed some plants were slightly overwatered ,slow to recover but they were dry ,just deceptive .

I have potted on in stages and grown in a single pot from the start .There's many variables ,as they say here ! If you used some of that sandy and heavy John Innes or Jacks Magic then it'd be better to use a smaller pot . With a lighter mix it's more forgiving . If you over water with coco they're slower to recover ,and harder to leach ,just from my experience starting seed and stunting the seedling .

Clones don't have a tap root ! Sorry for being pedantic .

I lost a clone today actually ,couldn't figure out why until I puled it up when it definitely died ,there was a nematode chomping on the base of the stem ,just as it had started to take root . 

irrigation + canna is a work of art bach ewe get it wrong either way ya plant will stall.....warm and moist for me just like a nice bit of minge.......  :beer:

17 minutes ago, 4kali said:

pervert

who me ? fuk off big nose im a  DSP  duw duw. lol

Edited by thekingofobsolete
spelling

On 9/23/2021 at 0:19 AM, thekingofobsolete said:

potting up imho stunts the dope + actually hinders growth.

That's your overwatering at work there bach.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

Cannabis roots like it deep innit boyo

lol

Good to see you back getting  bites, makes me laugh aye.

lollol

@Exhale I stupidly bit. Hes hooked you now. 

the correct information is there for whoever reads this to decide who to follow 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 6

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

I stupidly bit. Hes hooked you now.

Not much of a hook, ain't even barbed - shake it off easy I will lol 

Another fucking wet brain :yep:

• Like 3

you see!

a decent grower knows exactly where is cec is at, with roots like the  above. he also knows that a nice little flush with cal mag and food along with ph and ec set at the desired range will do the world of good just before pot up, he resets everything before he goes again,its all about control ya see

how the fuk can anyone be in control of osmosis and mineral ions etc etc any other way in coco

who to follow, is fuckin "laughable"

don't mean to be blunt but if you look at it from a different perspective

a coconut tree grows near the sea in a saline solution, it is able to hold that high salt solution away from the roots and still produce fruit. a lot of peeps don't know and understand there substrate but if they did they would improve there game immensley

• Like 2

sorry ignore the above, it's Monday morning bk at work and I'm digging holes in the rain lol talking shite again, please forgive my above nonsense reply, 

have a good day 4k

• Like 2

Of course cannabis will grow put into a big pot from the off , trouble is canna roots like to search out space, as much as you give them.

And  with putting them in big pots without potting up accordingly  you get weak  spindly roots shooting for the bottom and sides of the massive pots, so  instead of nice dense rootballs,  you're left with  a weak spindly out of  control  rootball.

Along with  that you get a plant above ground that mimics what's  happening underground, thus   giving you a  gangly stretchy plant.

Hence why your plants looks like they  grow like fuk.

But, it just appears that way   because they were left to grow  a bit wild because they weren't  controlled.

We're growing indoors not outdoors most people want a controlled plant not a wild outdoor looking plant going nuts in a small groom.

Potting up doesn't stunt a plant, it controls a plant.

:yinyang:

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, HazyDaze said:

so  instead of nice dense rootballs,  you're left with  a weak spindly out of  control  rootball.

Along with  that you get a plant above ground that mimics what's  happening underground, thus   giving you a  gangly stretchy plant.

That explains a lot :yep:

If you were starting in the final pot anything you’d recommend to minimise the gangly stretchyness? 

Just now, B0bbyBuds said:

That explains a lot :yep:

If you were starting in the final pot anything you’d recommend to minimise the gangly stretchyness? 

Lots of blue spectrum.