The UK420 Volcano Owners Club.

bartman

19 hours ago, grooving said:

I was wondering if the Hybrid takes the Solid valve

No it doesn’t is the official stance. The filling chamber on the Hybrid is my favourite to date. Cool to the touch and locks into place.

Lacks the engineering excellence of the solid valve admittedly but works better and is easier to keep clean.

This is what I came up with as a DIY adaptation. Not ideal but it works if you’d rather use the solid valve.

Take the hybrid filling chamber and pop the metal oven out. Turn the metal oven unit upside down and align flats and refit.

Remove blue o ring from bottom of solid valve filling chamber.

Place solid valve filling chamber on top of Hybrid filling chamber.

Increase your normal temps by about 10°C and you’re good to go. :) 

large.70554539-CEA0-4CE1-9396-3863C28A3C4A.jpeglarge.F3EDF2EE-5D21-4160-B517-D13961ACA5D1.jpeglarge.FA18AABA-1BDD-4984-8B84-CB6BB7281B1C.jpeglarge.E51C1E57-A4C9-4946-880D-E353CFFEAA54.jpeg

Edited by bartman
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, Joolz said:

yeah they defo didn't like the size of our bag lol

About as much as they liked Rex’s Sativex. lol 

:police::wanker::nazi:

I didn’t see them manhandle you and owd over a massive volcano balloon like they did with lca winnie over a tiny one skinner. lol :jester:

large.7823B62F-1E16-4D20-9D1B-369EC7E3AE7D.jpeg

Edited by bartman
  • Like 4

Thanks @bartman, nice modification, the Easy valve system is a bit more plastic waste than the Solid valve and that business model of selling over-priced accessories after the main purchase, like most car manufacturers do, really sticks in my craw.  Think I might go for the Hybrid if I have the Solid choice but I do like the simplicity of the classic.  Would be happiest to just buy another Digit. lol

• Like 1

@Keye think I’ll go for the Hybrid in the New Year and S&B look like they are selling Onyx versions now so that’ll be me.  And being a Digit owner I like the freedom of increments, the best bags cook at prime number temps. :chef:lol  Like my old turntables, when my new Volcano arrives I’lll clean and box up my Digit for posterity’s sake and as a mis-firing back up. :oldtoker:  Three cheers for paper Lego instructions though, shirley its about getting away from screens…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bartman said:

I didn’t see them manhandle you and owd over a massive volcano balloon

you just know how that would have ended for that pair of flaccid pricks lol  :yinyang:

Edited by Joolz
  • Like 1

Telford was a odd one, i remember seeing loads of pigs.

Going behind some boards .

Swapping their tops,hoping  folks would not notice.

And loads of folks nicking stuff from stalls.

Little shites.

Edited by hashi

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 4:50 AM, Hippie on hill said:

Crinkle crinkle 

My top tip for the Cano is to wedge the bag under the sofa between uses to minimise the crinkling 

Has anyone here tried the Reynolds bags?

I hear they're softer and less crinkly but they're not cheap on this side of the pond.

The "Turkey" size reynolds bags are too big, you cant close back up the valve thing. Just too much bag material, The smaller ones still have a lot of bag, but the valve will go back together but will need a good amount of push to close it till it clicks.

Size wise, seem pretty good.... 

Still looking for something better though.

I had the digi back home, and loved it, but bought the original when i landed stateside and really pissed off to find the power switch isnt the same and have left it on overnight dozens of times, need to get a new Mighty soon also.

• Like 1