The UK420 Volcano Owners Club.

bartman

On 10/09/2021 at 5:43 AM, Personunknown said:

Looks good black , i find the stainless steel ones a bugger to keep clean , the hybrid could do with a upgrade on the plastic weed holders clips etc as they last no time at all compared with the older models types of holders, They break easier than the plenty clips

mines been totally cover in stickers thanks to mates defacing it.the black looks mighty fine gotta say.

TS

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Personunknown said:

Makes good flapjack :yep:

Made some a fortnight ago, first slice nearly had me chucking a whitey. I was a little too liberal with the amount of AVB I put in! 

lol

Edited by pollenlover
  • Like 3

I was going to mention the UK420 stand Volcano bag at the Ricoh, was it? The Volcano bag went above the stand, and I remember the security looking down from the walkway above not really knowing what was going on. The guy from Ace Seeds passed me the bag and I had to sit down!

• Like 3

Just now, Keye said:

I was going to mention the UK420 stand Volcano bag at the Ricoh, was it?

It was Telford I think. Yeah I remember that one too but as it was the boss man inflating it I thought it best to leave those pics out plus I can’t find them.

lol 

Edited by bartman
  • Like 3

The app does my nut, it takes ages to connect. There I was sat right in front of the machine....I'll just turn it on with my hand then eh :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/09/2021 at 9:50 AM, Hippie on hill said:

Crinkle crinkle 

My top tip for the Cano is to wedge the bag under the sofa between uses to minimise the crinkling 

Has anyone here tried the Reynolds bags?

I hear they're softer and less crinkly but they're not cheap on this side of the pond.

Second place in my top Cano tips list is to use a jam jar lid as a dust cover ;)

use a spray can lid or similar lid!

kind regards hdOG

• 2 weeks later...

My Volcano died. Poor thing. The top was loose, having lost two of the three retention screws, the dial knob had fallen off its spindle, the pump sounded and felt low powered, too. It's been working great for many years and then the green pump button came out. They're quite nice buttons but heavily engineered and the hinge part that activates the switch failed. I was using a non-conductive stick to activate the pump. But the other morning, just as the bag was filling up, the switch went POP and a small spark of elastic trickery escaped. That must be the bit that makes it all work, 'cause after that, it wouldn't turn on.

So I bought a new black one. It's gorgeous and faster to fill, too!

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

@Keye Is that the standard or Hybrid version you treated yourself to?  I was wondering if the Hybrid takes the Solid valve and not just the Easy valve as it seems to imply just the Easy on the S&B website looking at available accessories.  Not sure I need a whip either, or an App. lol  My fan switch is playing up on my Digit and even though they do a repair service I’m loath to send my stinky device via mail to them.

• Like 2

On 19/10/2021 at 11:18 PM, Keye said:

I was going to mention the UK420 stand Volcano bag at the Ricoh, was it? The Volcano bag went above the stand, and I remember the security looking down from the walkway above not really knowing what was going on.

yeah they defo didn't like the size of our bag lol

• Like 3

8 hours ago, grooving said:

@Keye Is that the standard or Hybrid version you treated yourself to?  I was wondering if the Hybrid takes the Solid valve and not just the Easy valve as it seems to imply just the Easy on the S&B website looking at available accessories.  Not sure I need a whip either, or an App. lol  My fan switch is playing up on my Digit and even though they do a repair service I’m loath to send my stinky device via mail to them.

Yea, it's the standard one. The black 'Onyx' is only in Standard. The hybrid is cool, being able to use the whip; that's a good idea. They don't look good though, the display is bloody rotten. I'm not sure how they can design the Standard and then go and draw up the Digital one and think that they live in the same stable. To me, they're designed by different people. I honestly don't think I could sense the difference between 180oC and 190oC or 182/3/4 or whatever. 

I had a whip to go along with it. It's bloody dangerous on a Standard because it just pumps out at full blast. It would have been a lot of fun for me and the gang about 20 years ago! You also get 4 of the Easy Valve bags and one bag with a collar on it - I think it's a reusable valve.... but I'm not sure yet. I've not had the Easy Valve before and I bought one of the Solid Valve sets with the new Volcano.

Also in the 'Don't App Me, Bro!' camp over here. We've got lego in the house that needs an app to use. It's the epitomy of redundancy in my book.

• Like 5